Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop - great workrate and ball use. Contract year motlop is good. Found space on the wing at will.
I'll give him a bigger benefit. He would be under little pressure out there, so many other options.... After his Final heroics vs Geelong he's got some credits in the bank for me.

If Motlop is playing well, you know we are looking incredible.

He's great to watch when he's loose on a wing. You feel as safe as anyone.

Game had all the signs of yesterday's games at the start.
Roos were playing on effort and were all over us. Skill was the only thing that kept us in the game.

Second quarter was a master class and the rest was just stitching up the four points.

Twas good, but we put a first quarter like that out against a top 8 side, we're down by 5 goals

Individually, everyone put in enough at certain points to make future changes only for injuries.

i am the B0ydman. i am fiddy today. my kids bought me a ticket to the game. and a beer. a something legally sold as a meat pie. with sauce. and we won by fiddy points plus change

i went out for ribs and moonshine after

we have 4 points in the bank

i beat a player ranked 9 hundred and fiddy on chess.com

I Am Content

that is all

i am the B0ydman. i am fiddy today. my kids bought me a ticket to the game. and a beer. a something legally sold as a meat pie. with sauce. and we won by fiddy points plus change

I Am Content

that is all

Geelong juice starting to fail too.

the bad was being beaten up by the worst starting midfield in the comp for the 1st quarter, Ollie needs to have a hard look at himself because he does this a lot, it was also a symptom of not having SPP because what he did last year for a lot of game was just crash through the midfield and put the ball to our advantage even if he didnt get a possession.

The good was ball movement, as soon as we got it on the outside we sliced them up

the defence was pretty good, any even though North missed a lot in the 1st quarter it was because of the pressure applied by the defence

the joke was the ump's in the 1st quarter

Boak was great, Houston was great, Motlop was great, would still prefer MG over Marshall

David Noble allegedly said he could continue. He admitted to the crime!

Yeah this is the point. Yes you can 'game' the system, but from the sounds of things Norf didn't even bother to game the system, they just blatantly breached it.

Last edited:
Never ever ever compare Dixon to tredrea , tredrea in our team instead of Dixon and we win it all no question

I dunno.

A 45 year old key forward with dodgy knees who hasn't played for a decade might not do that well.

5000 of those were probably Port supporters.

If Boak didnt nail the 3 points from the umpires for that game he is never going to.
Getting Aliir and Fantasio to Port should see CD get a bonus for those trade deals and I can't wait to see what they do next week.

A good game but still a lot of room for improvement, bring on Essendon
Nah not many Port fans there today, no where near as much as we normally get. I didn't even see a cheer squad ? What's going on there?

Nah not many Port fans there today, no where near as much as we normally get. I didn't even see a cheer squad ? What's going on there?
Because you can’t get guaranteed tickets until the last minute you ****ing plank!
On top of which you morons keep ****ing up Covid and the border could close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because you can’t get guaranteed tickets until the last minute you ******* plank!
On top of which you morons keep ******* up Covid and the border could close.

Spot on man

Because you can’t get guaranteed tickets until the last minute you ******* plank!
On top of which you morons keep ******* up Covid and the border could close.
Lol calm down mate go and have a wank. Steven marshmallow is closing the border not Victoria dip.shite , we are lucky to be playing football at all, it's exactly the same ticketing setup in every state. Cheer squad nuffies normally get everywhere no matter what so it was surprising that's all.

Last edited:
Good effort for the first game of the season.
Boak BOG, Orazio, Houston, Motlop and Darcy played very well. A very even performance, everyone playing their part.
There is so much potential in our forward line, so many options. Grey will love potentially having the 4th or 5th best defender.
Looking forward to our growth as a team this year.

I Am Content

that is all
Missed you mate

It pisses me off the AFL every year fixture our GWS away games in Canberra, robbing us of a chance to fly to Sydney to watch a game.

It’s even more annoying because the giants home ground is the best place to watch footy in Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back