Game Day 2021 R10 Brisbane vs Richmond 7.50pm, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it’s time for Richmond supporters to vote with their wallets and their feet. I don’t think I’ll be renewing my membership next year. I understand a team has to fall off a cliff and I’m ok with it when it’s on our terms but this is the AFL chucking a hissy for.

Agree with voting with out feet but not renewing memberships just hurts the club.

36-19 inside 50
We are lucky to be so close .
Midfielders getting absolutely thrashed .
Contested possessions getting thrashed .
Get in first for f*** sake

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We all expected this last week, the kids played well and we snatched victory. To back up this week against the in form midfield of the comp was never going to happen, injuries catch up with you eventually especially your entire midfield. It's now a case of trying to stem the bleeding and hopefully do better in the free kick department.

Just feel the flood gates will open in the 3rd and the margin will blow out, at that time without doubt the umps will throw in a few sympathetic frees once the result is done and dusted.

Two of our frees were "advantage" so only 4 have stopped the play to reward us.

I've seen enough of Astbury. Too slow, and tapping the ball instead of marking it cost us a goal (one of the two legit goals the bears have kicked).

We are a better second half team. Bears "dominance" is partly due to their three extra players. We are well and truly in this, unless the cheats continue their dominance.

Firstly, the free kicks are a mess. We play on the edge, no doubt, but 20-6 is ridiculous.

That said, I think we're well and truly up against a very, very good side, and one that we're far too undermanned to beat. They'll likely prove me wrong now.
It's been like this all season with free kick count. Haven't you seen the games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps are even more biased than usual against us but.........

So far this game has followed a recent trend against the cats, the dees and now the lions.

We get a great start, look a million dollars, carve up the opposition for most of the first quarter, then stumble and get over run.

Obviously has to do with too many kids playing, who get out worked when challenged.

If recent history continues to play out, we'll get smashed in the second half.

Hopefully we follow the playbook from the bulldogs game and dominate the second half instead(though missing Cotchin's leadership in the middle).

An interesting stat

We are last in freekicks for........

We are 2nd for free kicks against....

Who would've guessed?

*Edit...the Lions are top for frees against, maybe not after this game

A lot of positives for us. Our future with the kids is before us and I like what I see. Make no mistake were far from finished. Don't worry about tonight's result. Focus on the good fellas. 👍

85 -57 Contested possessions we're getting thrashed in the midfield.
The umps haven't been great but we don't help ourselves either .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How are we supposed to win the contested ball when the moment we put our hands on them they immediately get a free kick for holding yet we are in prime position to win the ****ing thing, they're allowed to get away with murder.

Im not going to talk about the umpiring, its beating a dead horse, yes its odd that all bar one or two of their goals have come from free kicks but we cant change that

if were within 2 goals by 3 quarter time we may just go on to win this

i said at the start that if we swapped injury lists with brisbane id be dissapointed to not win by 8 goals, this still stands, if they dont go on to pile them on then they really are pretenders, you literally could not cop a weaker richmond side in this era of dominance.

just need to lift like we did last week in the second half/

I really don’t want to hurt the club, in fact I’m fine with losing games, I’ve seen a lot of losses over the last 42 years, I’m fine with it, that doesn’t worry me, every team will fall off a cliff eventually, what I’m annoyed with is the AFL throwing the toys out with the cot, instead of just waiting for us to fall off the cliff they’re actively pushing us. I want it to be on our terms, not the AFL’s.
This is a great comment and I couldn't agree more. But it's been consistent bad umpiring against us all season so far.

free differentials so far this year

+3
+4
and currently -14

tenor.gif

i still cant get over the free to danihaha against nank for blocking yet danihaha is not even lookn at the ball
That's a free kick. You can't run past the ruck contest and block the other player out. The ball landed a metre behind Nanks back... That one was an obvious free.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back