Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

2nd team I've seen with Laird in the mids, what is reasoning for this?

the reason why I’ll have laird in my midfield is because I’d rather see what mids will be top 10 this year. Atleast With laird you know he will be top 6-8 in defence, so when you are ready to move him there you can and pick a midfielder based on his form this year. And you will snap him up cheaper because they all aren’t gonna stay 650k all year.

2nd team I've seen with Laird in the mids, what is reasoning for this?
Mids in the 500k-600k price range are really speculative except maybe cripps.
So people taking advantage of Laird DPP and stocking up on the properly priced Def premos who'll probably still be the top 1-6 in their side.
Easier to upgrade to mid premos in that 500k range and the mid rookies will usually make more cash than def so 4-5 deep in defence isnt the worst.
Different way to look at things but it might be the way to go after the JLT games if nobody really shows themselves.

If I make a team I will no doubt change it a billion times so Im gonna make it while pissed an hour before RD 1. Probably my best chance at winning the 50k.

Gonna fill in the rest of the pre-season by convincing everyone on this board to start NOAH BALTA in their teams.

Here are some kind words from Alf himself to start things off...

download.jpeg

If I make a team I will no doubt change it a billion times so Im gonna make it while pissed an hour before RD 1. Probably my best chance at winning the 50k.

Gonna fill in the rest of the pre-season by convincing everyone on this board to start NOAH BALTA in their teams.

View attachment 1039631
So you're taking the Here2tellyouwhy tried & true approach

View attachment 1039631

Welcome back kenty. 😎👍

View attachment 1038337

Believe it or not this team is actually less MPM than my previous attempts. Feel like there's a lot of value to be had there though.
The question you need to ask is how many of those will be in your Round 23 team?

If I was really really generous I’d give you 9, but more likely 6-7, meaning 15-16 upgrades required.

The question you need to ask is how many of those will be in your Round 23 team?

If I was really really generous I’d give you 9, but more likely 6-7, meaning 15-16 upgrades required.

Laird, Whitfield, McDonald, Williams, Cripps, Rowell, Taranto, Grundy, Dangerfield, Dunkley and Marshall. So that's 11 at minimum.

You're not entirely wrong though. I've moved away from this structure to a team with more keepers, which I'm feeling happier about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roast away kents.

I'm not here for back patting about 'astute selections' or any of that nonsense.

Treat this like Rate My Plate, but for SuperCoach :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

View attachment 1039791
View attachment 1039792

Gday Santy ......good to see you back ;)

Couple of observations ....you must be the only Coach thus far without Laird in your side
118 ave after going into the midfield, 122 ave in his final 3 games of 2020

I'm wary of McDonald ....a 35 point ave jump in one season historically not been sustained the next season ....and then there's the impact of a new coach ...will McDonald play the same role ?

1610497725106.png

Lastly ......no Strauchn ???????? :D

Gday Santy ......good to see you back ;)

Couple of observations ....you must be the only Coach thus far without Laird in your side
118 ave after going into the midfield, 122 ave in his final 3 games of 2020

I'm wary of McDonald ....a 35 point ave jump in one season historically not been sustained the next season ....and then there's the impact of a new coach ...will McDonald play the same role ?

View attachment 1039796

Lastly ......no Strauchn ???????? :D

I said roast, that isn't a roast mate.

Strachan playing that one game puts him at an awkward price for a loop ;)

I said roast, that isn't a roast mate.

Strachan playing that one game puts him at an awkward price for a loop ;)
I can't roast a mate .....I can chuckle though ;) ....Cameron as a $388K FWD :think:

Seeing data that backs up what a lot of people have speculated is scaring me out of Gawn/Neale.

Seeing data that backs up what a lot of people have speculated is scaring me out of Gawn/Neale.

There will be a lot of premium priced players dropping in price in 2021 ..... only 16 players averaging 110+ in 2019 ...compared to 23 going 110+ in 2020

That's a 43% increase on previous year (2019)

No doubt they’re overpriced. It’s still a game of scoring the most points though.
Scoring the most points *within your team budget is an important distinction.

Personally I'll be locking in one of them just due to C/VC, but not both.

Scoring the most points *within your team budget is an important distinction.

Personally I'll be locking in one of them just due to C/VC, but not both.
Currently I’ve got both but don’t have Lloyd. Something has to give. I’m questioning running with Neale though.

Roast away kents.

I'm not here for back patting about 'astute selections' or any of that nonsense.

Treat this like Rate My Plate, but for SuperCoach :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

View attachment 1039791
Def
View attachment 1039792

Def picking 2 premos after thier breakout year is brain dead.

Mid. 2 expensive rookies on the line.
No Neale.

Rucks pruess is poo.
Should use the extra cash for another mid.

Post puppies or GGF.

:moustache:
There roasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back