Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Gotta wonder if the ownership numbers are correct. Luke Mcdonald currently in only 7.5% of teams according to coaches choice. I currently have 4 players above 50% and 10 under 10%.

Gotta wonder if the ownership numbers are correct. Luke Mcdonald currently in only 7.5% of teams according to coaches choice. I currently have 4 players above 50% and 10 under 10%.
That will go through the roof if he gets the gull role everyone is hoping for under the new coach, just the unknown keeping it down at the moment.

View attachment 1048214

Thoughts?
Basically made this side in 2 mins so not a huge amount of thought into it but 5 rookies on field isnt bad.
The forward mid pricers are looking to make 100-150k then offload.
Luko and Hatley speculative keepers or at least make some cash.
I don't get the love for Jarman Impey, unless he's going to have a role change this year I don't know about. Only averaged above 70 once in his career. You can get a basement bargain rookie that will probably go close to the same.

I don't get the love for Jarman Impey, unless he's going to have a role change this year I don't know about. Only averaged above 70 once in his career. You can get a basement bargain rookie that will probably go close to the same.

Which basement bargain fwd rookie do you think will play the first 10 games whilst averaging close to 70ppg?

The ten games, or the 70 average?

The ten games, right? You never know though.

Finlay would also be a chance I reckon.

But you are right - the guys that make the 'you'd be better off with a rookie' seem to think there's a never-ending supply of them - and the reality is going to be just the opposite

I don't have any confidence in Nakia playing 10 games straight or averaging anywhere close to 70. He's played 2 games in the last 3 years and his previous highest sc average was 63 back in 2016. The pick feels a bit like Bennell from last year but without the upside. If he wasn't DPP I wouldn't even consider, even at basement price.

I don't have any confidence in Nakia playing 10 games straight or averaging anywhere close to 70. He's played 2 games in the last 3 years and his previous highest sc average was 63 back in 2016. The pick feels a bit like Bennell from last year but without the upside. If he wasn't DPP I wouldn't even consider, even at basement price.

True but it isn't like Impey's guaranteed to play ten uninterrupted games either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impey's career SC average is 60.4.

It's been mentioned several times by others already, but he averaged 74 in 2019 playing HBF. That average also includes an injury score of 19. If the recent training reports are correct he is going to be playing that HBF role again this year after playing fwd last year.

The ownership figures for all players have been fluctuating wildly over the past couple of days. Probably because so many people are putting in new teams so quickly now that SC has officially opened. I'll be rapt if McDonald stays at that current low level as I consider him one of my first picked.

Expecting good showings from Ely Smith, Valente and Will Kelly - maybe not 10 x 70ppg though

Valente is a Mid only. We're talking about basement priced Fwd rookies that we can start on-field at f6 instead of Impey.

Ely Smith will be playing on the wing if he plays at all. Has zero JS as it stands right now. Possible 60 average playing that outside role.

Will Kelly is a KPF who's played 1 game. He'll be lucky to average 45-50. Bench option only.

Which basement bargain fwd rookie do you think will play the first 10 games whilst averaging close to 70ppg?
Maybe Rowe, but you're right that the forward rookies look the weakest. There are still quite a few that are in the mix for early games if you look at the club boards though. We really won't know much until we see the more serious intra-club training game reports and of course the 2 official inter-club games. Then we'll see who's really likely for early selection.

Prob because of the jz talk

Valente is a Mid only. We're talking about basement priced Fwd rookies that we can start on-field at f6 instead of Impey.

Ely Smith will be playing on the wing if he plays at all. Has zero JS as it stands right now. Possible 60 average playing that outside role.

Will Kelly is a KPF who's played 1 game. He'll be lucky to average 45-50. Bench option only.
J Rowe from crows . Lock him in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back