VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we get Bytel back and Jones to play some minutes at Sandy.

Makes us a totally different side.
Yeah , Bytel will help Sandy out as he isn't pushing anyone out of 22 ATM , wont hurt him to play a few games and get into some form

How would Bytel come into the first team? Dunstan has his spot well and truly wrapped up at this stage.

If Jones is in you'd think it would be Jones for Connolly with maybe Ross going back?

How would Bytel come into the first team? Dunstan has his spot well and truly wrapped up at this stage.

If Jones is in you'd think it would be Jones for Connolly with maybe Ross going back?
This is the Sandringham thread isn't it?

I was reffering to Bytel and Jones returning to the Sandringham side

Last edited:
This is the Sandringham thread isn't it?

I was reffering to Bytel and Jones returning to the Sandringham side
Apologies... You're absolutely right, those guys will massively help the team. The more we get back the stronger Sandy become.

I think Jones plays a week for Sandy before he comes in.. Mainly given his history of soft tissue injuries would rather we ease him back
If your gonna loose him again due to injury we may as well get his expertise in the Seniors if we loose him we loose him...injuries can occur wherever you play ..but he can help us against Brisbane. I cant see the sense in loosing him to injury at Sandy. We might get three quarters of his explosive best...we cant win by conservative measures. For our state of mind we have to beat one of these big guys don't we?

If your gonna loose him again due to injury we may as well get his expertise in the Seniors if we loose him we loose him...injuries occur wherever you play ..but he can help us against Brisbane. I cant see the sense in loosing him to injury at Sandy. We might get three quarters of his explosive best...we cant win by conservative measures.

True.

I partly said that because from memory I don't think he's done too well historically first game back from a layoff.

He’d still help in the rotations, allowing others to have a break. His value to the side would be more than just his direct performance.
Hey for that matter I've still got dreams of HANNERS finally healing sufficiently to play say five perfect games for us. If that was a reality...and we made a final and beyond then I'd say worth every flippin cent regardless...:)

Last edited:
If your gonna loose him again due to injury we may as well get his expertise in the Seniors if we loose him we loose him...injuries can occur wherever you play ..but he can help us against Brisbane. I cant see the sense in loosing him to injury at Sandy. We might get three quarters of his explosive best...we cant win by conservative measures. For our state of mind we have to beat one of these big guys don't we?
You can manage his minutes in the 2's though

Everytime he comes back from injury he seems to struggle. He's probably not confident on pushing his body.

He's very important to us but I don't see the point in rushing him back

You can manage his minutes in the 2's though

Everytime he comes back from injury he seems to struggle. He's probably not confident on pushing his body.

He's very important to us but I don't see the point in rushing him back
I can see your point but at this stage of the season we need every inch we can get. We're still not out of this! If we were magically able to make finals ...well as we know we could make a difference. When that's beyond possibilitiy then it makes sense in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooper Sharman

(Nine disposals, two goals)
VFL12CoSa21DB0512.jpg

“Coops slotted a couple of goals and he is continuing to impress.

He is a really smart player and always seems to get to good spots on the ground, whether that’s out the back or at the leg.

He knows where the space is and where to go and has a really nice leap on him. He’s one of those guys that you could see taking mark of the year someday.
He also had a really nice set shot from 45 out in pretty windy conditions too.

“For a young kid who doesn’t say a lot, he is pretty mature on the field and a pretty handy player.”

Cooper Sharman

(Nine disposals, two goals)
VFL12CoSa21DB0512.jpg

“Coops slotted a couple of goals and he is continuing to impress.

He is a really smart player and always seems to get to good spots on the ground, whether that’s out the back or at the leg.

He knows where the space is and where to go and has a really nice leap on him. He’s one of those guys that you could see taking mark of the year someday.
He also had a really nice set shot from 45 out in pretty windy conditions too.

“For a young kid who doesn’t say a lot, he is pretty mature on the field and a pretty handy player.”
I am tipping he has to run round in the shower to get wet.
He has my playing shape, and I was a 7 stone weakling.
The boy needs to grow in to his man shape.

I am tipping he has to run round in the shower to get wet.
He has my playing shape, and I was a 7 stone weakling.
The boy needs to grow in to his man shape.

Geez it would be nice to have someone who can fly for a screamer up front though wouldn’t it?

Long probably the only one I reckon but he’s got terrible marking hands.

Geez it would be nice to have someone who can fly for a screamer up front though wouldn’t it?

Long probably the only one I reckon but he’s got terrible marking hands.

We don't have a lot of excitement factor so anyone who can do the eye catching, stand up in your seats stuff would be very welcome.

If Jones and Hanneberry play in the same team, it could start a chain reaction, tearing hamstrings in all of the players, and a good part of the spectators and staff.

A Bittersweet Symphony for sure

hWF7Dh7.jpg

Add Hanners and Frawley and this will be the best Sandy side for the year. They will go from having no Saints midfielders to having three. Plus Frawley to help out Joyce and Clavarino down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2021 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back