VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be over critical but gees Bonner is soft, he just hates any physical contact. He is another player that has been allowed to go through his years in the AFL with zero upper body development and his game suffers as a result.

By contrast every Geelong player is solid through the core and well developed in the upper body.

Sandi's lack of midfield is becoming telling, Garcia cant tackle everyone. Geelong starting to get on top. I gather they have heard Richmond won so no finals AGAIN for the alignment.

Now I know Keeler's safe but based on 1/4 qtr in the "delist or re-sign stakes" - Hayes, Allison, Campbell look safe - Keeler and Heath shakey as!!!
Update - Campbell re-sign

Allison, Keeler, Heath and Hayes - gone..

Hall, McLennan and Hastie showing a bit. O'Connell will be a keeper.

Update - Campbell re-sign

Allison, Keeler, Heath and Hayes - gone..

Hall, McLennan and Hastie showing a bit. O'Connell will be a keeper.
Keeler should be a keep. Can’t afford to let go 4 talls in 1 year. At least he is young and has highest potential, can play forward/ruck too.

The other 3 are probably gone.

I might be over critical but gees Bonner is soft, he just hates any physical contact. He is another player that has been allowed to go through his years in the AFL with zero upper body development and his game suffers as a result.

By contrast every Geelong player is solid through the core and well developed in the upper body.

Sandi's lack of midfield is becoming telling, Garcia cant tackle everyone. Geelong starting to get on top. I gather they have heard Richmond won so no finals AGAIN for the alignment.
Bonner will only work in a team that can dominate contested ball and has clear forward structure so he doesn’t need to win his own ball and has leading targets to aim at. Same with Hill really. When everyone is stationary and bunched together with little space, every second kick will be turned over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want hotton to make it, but he just doesn't seem to win enough ball on the outside. Has had 12 handballs and 2 kicks. Struggles to use his legs to get in space and have impact. Definitely has something to work with, but maybe it's a lack of fitness covering the ground? Or his patterns sees him get lost in transition

I really want hotton to make it, but he just doesn't seem to win enough ball on the outside. Has had 12 handballs and 2 kicks. Struggles to use his legs to get in space and have impact. Definitely has something to work with, but maybe it's a lack of fitness covering the ground? Or his patterns sees him get lost in transition
If you think the seniors lack a midfield, Sandingham has absolutely nothing.. So naturally young players like Hotton may struggle, he has to win his own ball every time.. Garcia is a freak and can do it consistently, but not everyone can, so we really need to draft and trade in big mids that can win and distribute the ball cleanly… Langford and Lalor for example..

Just checked Geelong’s VFL had 4 Geelong listed mids:
Parfitt - 26 yo
Hardie - 26 yo
Clark - 20 yo
Stevens - 19 yo
All genuine mids with big bodies

Last edited:

I'm of the same belief with Hotton, I wished he had shown more. If todays game is any indication he looks like he is gone, is not playing with any vigour.

But who knows there are so many list deficits still we cant change them all in one year.

One thing I am confident of Sandringham's supplementary players are the worst in the VFL.

Last edited:
I ****ing hate Riley Bonner so much

Bonner will only work in a team that can dominate contested ball and has clear forward structure so he doesn’t need to win his own ball and has leading targets to aim at. Same with Hill really. When everyone is stationary and bunched together with little space, every second kick will be turned over.

He collects plenty of the ball but rarely wins his own footy and lets his team down with his complete lack of physicality. He is not going to change/improve his game at this point in his career. He should not be on the list if we other options....

What is disgraceful is our clubs inability for the past decade to have any semblance of a sucessful VFL program. Most of the AFL listed players running around in the VFL are sub standard and the Sandringham's top up group are pitiful. We cant keep living in hope that these players will come good if we give them another year - its time to be brutal.

Sandringham's recuiting is just as bad as ours and we couldnt of found a worst club to get involved with.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back