VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

On today’s performance either need to extend Campbell or find another mature backup ruck as neither Heath or Keeler show any potential for the ruck. Keeler may still make it as a forward but I think Heath needs to be delisted unfortunately. Can’t see us extending Allison.

Hall, McLennan, Hastie O'Connell are all tracking well.

Garcia looks like a potential star.

The defender Voss looked like a potential player if we are not expecting Van Ess to get back up.

Have no idea who out of Sandy‘s list should be the rookie into the Saints list. Certainly not Hugo Hall Khan.

Pretty disappointing finish to the season for Sandy.

I might be over critical but gees Bonner is soft, he just hates any physical contact. He is another player that has been allowed to go through his years in the AFL with zero upper body development and his game suffers as a result.

By contrast every Geelong player is solid through the core and well developed in the upper body.

Sandi's lack of midfield is becoming telling, Garcia cant tackle everyone. Geelong starting to get on top. I gather they have heard Richmond won so no finals AGAIN for the alignment.
Am I crazy wondering this?

The crunch in the Showdown in Adelaide prompted this.

I am thinking that Bonner is what an AFL footballer will be like in the 2030s if the bump is steadily removed from the game. I am not joking either. I see outside players gradually replacing inside bulldozers. Good hands, good feet, good evasive skills, athletic, I see as traits that the new version of footy will be.

He collects plenty of the ball but rarely wins his own footy and lets his team down with his complete lack of physicality. He is not going to change/improve his game at this point in his career. He should not be on the list if we other options....

What is disgraceful is our clubs inability for the past decade to have any semblance of a sucessful VFL program. Most of the AFL listed players running around in the VFL are sub standard and the Sandringham's top up group are pitiful. We cant keep living in hope that these players will come good if we give them another year - its time to be brutal.

Sandringham's recuiting is just as bad as ours and we couldnt of found a worst club to get involved with.
Sandringham had a very successful era in the 2000s.. You can argue it’s lack of quality St Kilda listed players that has resulted in Sandringham’s decline? Our recruitment, development has been really poor in this period, hopefully with more emphasis on midfield talent and better development, things will turn for the better sooner than later.

Allison, Keeler, Heath and Hayes - gone..

Excuse Me No GIF by Desus & Mero

If Max Heath is to remain on the list the club need to send him to a Jujitsu trainer in the off season and teach him how to westle and strengthen his core. For a big kid everytime he locks up with an opponent he gives way through the core and gets bent over. By the time the ball gets to them Max is basically waist height and heading to the ground. Its something he has had issues with the entire time he has been on the list and needs rapid improvement.

If Max Heath is to remain on the list the club need to send him to a Jujitsu trainer in the off season and teach him how to westle and strengthen his core. For a big kid everytime he locks up with an opponent he gives way through the core and gets bent over. By the time the ball gets to them Max is basically waist height and heading to the ground. Its something he has had issues with the entire time he has been on the list and needs rapid improvement.
Yes. But, he's steadily improving in that regard and keeping his feet much better than a year ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I crazy wondering this?

The crunch in the Showdown in Adelaide prompted this.

I am thinking that Bonner is what an AFL footballer will be like in the 2030s if the bump is steadily removed from the game. I am not joking either. I see outside players gradually replacing inside bulldozers. Good hands, good feet, good evasive skills, athletic, I see as traits that the new version of footy will be.

Agreed, it’ll look identical to Gaelic footy

Sandringham had a very successful era in the 2000s.. You can argue it’s lack of quality St Kilda listed players that has resulted in Sandringham’s decline? Our recruitment, development has been really poor in this period, hopefully with more emphasis on midfield talent and better development, things will turn for the better sooner than later.

Injuries affect them too.

Sandy will be no good until they SOMEHOW finally get some decent VFL-listed players. Guys like Seaton, Watson, Hipwell etc play every week...but come Liston Trophy night see where they are in the voting. Not in the Top 100 Im gonna guess. Sandy are totally at the mercy of the Saints injury list
The commitment to drafting one player out of Sandy each year should address this you would hope.
It makes Sandy a attractive destination to those with ambitions to play AFL.

Seems to be the aim...and considering the amount of Irish that are giving out about the state of Gaelic in Ireland, and how much of it is being diluted, this is not a good thing.
Both games will end up as soft play.

Yeah I've been getting back into watching Gaelic and the Irish are really complaining about the state of it. It's basically keepings-off but you don't actually have a way of winning the ball.

The thing about Heath is that there is no "thing" about Heath.

I just don't see the big upside area in his game.

Will turn out to be an solid player but there's plenty of that type about so how many years do you put into a young ruck if he doesn't have a stand out attribute or point of difference.

No l missed it but sounds like quite a few had an off day. That doesn't alter the upward trend, it just upsets supporters.

Batchelor commented on it 2 weeks ago it remains an issue, particularly when he is matched against opponents who physically engage him.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back