25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you were to have the view that Jimmy is not best 22 in the 12th placed team, rising 29 and a little injury prone, are we likely to swap him for a pick that will nett us a best 22 kpd?
Do you actually read what you post?

Well then how do we draft the Owen or Windhagen? How do we get a KPD?
Trades need to happen to get this done.
I mentioned Webster because he wasn’t in our starting 22 with a fit side. He played a role and showed a bit of what he can do so why he has value, cash in.
Otherwise how else do we get the services of these players?

Webster is one of the last players I would trade. 28 years old and not a big name so has barely any value on the trade table, yet is a really useful player to have here. Can lockdown on the opposition's best small forward and can also play a rebounding role. I see him starting in the side next year in the same role he played this year, and even once Paton comes back through the twos, I expect Webster to retain his spot.

Webster is one of the last players I would trade. 28 years old and not a big name so has barely any value on the trade table, yet is a really useful player to have here. Can lockdown on the opposition's best small forward and can also play a rebounding role. I see him starting in the side next year in the same role he played this year, and even once Paton comes back through the twos, I expect Webster to retain his spot.

Fair enough.
But someone has to go to try a get a KPD.
Who would that be then?

I mentioned Webster because he wasn’t in our starting 22 with a fit side. He played a role and showed a bit of what he can do so why he has value, cash in.
Have you read any of the discussions on the NGA boys? We don’t need to make up the points this year!

I don't see why Webster wouldn't be starting best 22 next year.
Are you joking..? The two games he didn't play were the only 2 where a small forward shredded us. He's currently our best lockdown defender and he's also got a laser boot. Honestly the absolute garbage on here sometimes about whichh players we do and don't need is astounding.

Are you joking..? The two games he didn't play were the only 2 where a small forward shredded us. He's currently our best lockdown defender and he's also got a laser boot. Honestly the absolute garbage on here sometimes about whichh players we do and don't need is astounding.
Isn't brut saying that Webster is in the 22?

Matt Crouch re-signed with the Crows, dodged a bullet there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Brisbane's pick 18 could be gettable for future picks, as they have two father sons next year.

Maybe something like:

Battle to North or Hawthorn for their future second.

Our future second plus that future second to Brisbane for 18 and one of their 3rds or their 2 4ths (they currently have 47, 52, 57, 73)

Gives us another 1st rounder, plus points for Owens and Windhager.

Not trade news but some of the boys went and got vaccinated! :heart:
More than 20 St Kilda players have been vaccinated.

The footballers turned up to get their jab at the Genesis Medical Centre in Bentleigh as part of a drive to encourage more young people to get the vaccine.

Among the group was captain Jack Steele and teammates Cooper Sharman, Jack Billings and Mason Wood.

St Kilda captain Jack Steele gets vaccinated. Picture: David Caird

Jack Steel post-jab. Picture: David Caird

Cooper Sharman, Jack Billings and Mason Wood after their jab. Picture: David Caird
Meanwhile, North Melbourne is on track to have almost every member of the football department fully vaccinated by early October.

More than nine in ten have had their first jabs including AFL coach David Noble and AFLW coach Darren Crocker, with the club executive all vaccinated.

North Melbourne football boss Ben Amarfio told the Herald Sun a strong education program had seen the players and football staff flock to be vaccinated.

Only a handful of players and staff with health issues are yet to have their first dose as the club continues its education program for those not yet vaccinated.

(From the Herald Sun)

You missed the double negative Crusty.
That’s what Brut is saying.
Edit: been Sandra’d, please ignore.

Just goes to show we have a culture at our club that wants to horde players for the sake of it.
We need to boost our current list and to do that we either draft experienced players or through the draft. As a result of that tough call are to be made.

How do we obtain the services of a KPD without trading?
If not Webster then which defender/s on our list go to get a KPD?

Are we going full rebuild again?

Academy picks with what ever late picks and down grade next years if necessary. They are cheap hits not something we have trade away for. That would be idiotic.

The way our recruiters are going we might recruit the son of god with the first round pick , the way they have been selecting guys like Sharman a reserve grade player in Sth Australia who has shown in a handful of games he could turn into George Young on steroids, Highmore pick 45 looking like a rebounding defender like no other , Connolly pick 64 who would of thought he would of even of got a game and when he did put a few players in the shade with his dashing run to take on the game and he can kick , Byrne pick 52 is just a ball pig , Bytel pick 41 has now gone from a skinny kid with a dodgy back into a big bodied midfielder ready to take the next step.

We don't have the draft picks but somehow they have drafted and developed these kids to be players.
People who have questioned our development of players only have to look at these kids - King only with 30 games under his belt looks to be a freak and I fully expect Hunter Clark and Coffield are ready to step up to the plate after transforming from boys to men - you kind of know when you recruit a 21yr in Sharman and a 23yr in Highmore that some times you just need these kids to mature a bit.
Coffield is only 8mths older than Sharman.

Who knows they may of found a way of turning s//t to gold.

God help us what Heath and Allison turn into a Gary Dempsey and Peter Knights.

What got me is how they resurrected McKenzie and Dunstan , it was like it was Easter.

If they resurrect Clavarino they maybe be able to walk on water.
I’ll pay most of that but Bytel was lucky but not a particularly surprising thing. He was predicted top 10 before his back injury. Was on a doco following 4 prospective draftees Bytel, King, King, Walsh. If that tells you how highly rated he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back