List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Hollands has poor disposal even worse under pressure ..Allan is big bodied explosively quick as shown in 20m sprints in the testing ..and is a hybrid mid ...with huge upside much more than hollands and have immediate impact ..his ceiling is higher

Sent from my moto e(7) using Tapatalk
You seem to be the type that thinks that if you say something a lot of times then people will believe you. Hollands does not have poor disposal by any means. I would rate his disposal at slightly above average ( reportedly 74%).

I get that you don't rate him which is fair enough. Making up stuff to try and convince people doesn't help your argument.

One write up on fox sports says Hollands Disposal Efficiency around the 74% mark - he does seem a pretty good user - would be happy if he ended up a Blue Bagger
Admittingly I haven't watched a whole lot of him, not an avid draft watcher like many here...
The highlights I've seen, he chips it around a lot, like SPS... Possibly why his Disposal Efficiency is so high, hope I'm wrong and he finds longer targets...

Would be happy with Allen (preferred) or Hollands, if Phillipou or Humphrey are gone...

Admittingly I haven't watched a whole lot of him, not an avid draft watcher like many here...
The highlights I've seen, he chips it around a lot, like SPS... Possibly why his Disposal Efficiency is so high, hope I'm wrong and he finds longer targets...

Would be happy with Allen (preferred) or Hollands, if Phillipou or Humphrey are gone...
Safe to say Phillipou will definitely be gone, Humphrey more than likely gone as well.

Safe to say Phillipou will definitely be gone, Humphrey more than likely gone as well.

Sounds like GC are going with Ginbey and Hawks are leaning toward McKenzie which means Humphrey could slide to us. Assuming Eagles will go Busslinger/Allan/Hewett in that scenario which means it depends on how the Saints view Tsatas/Humphrey.

Cal hasn't done his yet, once he does his the other mocks will update to be similar.

I have no idea what he does or how he does it, but his mail is absolutely top tier compared to the every other journo when it comes to this time of year. Consistently gets it right or at least very, very close. Look up his final mock of any year and his top 10 is pretty bang on nearly every time, especially before live trading was a thing.
Agreed. When is his released?

Sounds like GC are going with Ginbey and Hawks are leaning toward McKenzie which means Humphrey could slide to us. Assuming Eagles will go Busslinger/Allan/Hewett in that scenario which means it depends on how the Saints view Tsatas/Humphrey.
The Hawks would most likely take Tsatas presuming Essendon take Philipou, they would also consider Clark, but don't see Hawthorn going for Mckenzie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd do F1 and 29 for 14 and 17. Hollands, Hotton and maybe a Cowan or KPP like Hayes. Would be very happy with that haul.
Think we'd need to trade a F3 in in this deal. That deal would never happen btw. Best we can aim for is 1 x of those R1 picks - have said in another thread or two:

F1 and 49 for 14 and F3

Then take Hollands and George/Hayes or a slider.

More I think on it, the more Hollands makes sense and is a great pick. Unless Humphrey lands down the order at ours in which case, too good to pass up.

Hell, might even be possible to do the above deal and bring in Humphrey and Hollands (dream scenario).

Monday night can't come soon enough.

Think we'd need to trade a F3 in in this deal. That deal would never happen btw. Best we can aim for is 1 x of those R1 picks - have said in another thread or two:

F1 and 49 for 14 and F3

More I think on it, the more Hollands makes sense and is a great pick. Unless Humphrey lands down the order at ours in which case, too good to pass up.

Hell, might even be possible to do the above deal and bring in Humphrey and Hollands (dream scenario).

Wouldn't hate that either. Should still get someone decent at 29 then too. As much and all as next years draft looks good, I think we need to back ourselves in and get some kids who can contribute from next season onwards. If we make that jump, we're still not going to get top end talent next year with a pick 14-18. So let's trade it and get someone this year who can help us improve straight away.

F1 and 49 for 14 and F3

if we could somehow land both hollands and george id be a very happy man. take some taller KP/Ruck types later in the draft and that would be perfect for mine

I don’t do more than watch two-min highlights on possible draftees. And truth be known, half the time I wouldn’t even particularly know what I’m looking for.

But I did say to my 12 year old son the other day that as I’ve become older, I’ve started to really appreciate the guys in team sports who show up on a weekly basis and just get the job done. The best example of this in 2022 was George Hewett. Just a solid player who you knew was never going to lower his colours. While a guy like Charlie might show up on his week and blow the opposition away, there was just something about the dependability of George that I really liked.

Re the possible selection of Hollands, I’d say that a list requires many different types. Ed Allan appeals to me (I like the bloodlines), but with Hollands, maybe we need more of these guys who can just do a job on a weekly basis. Maybe he won’t be the flashiest player in his draft pool. But we do have several match winners, and maybe it’s time to add some solid citizens around them.

I don’t do more than watch two-min highlights on possible draftees. And truth be known, half the time I wouldn’t even particularly know what I’m looking for.

But I did say to my 12 year old son the other day that as I’ve become older, I’ve started to really appreciate the guys in team sports who show up on a weekly basis and just get the job done. The best example of this in 2022 was George Hewett. Just a solid player who you knew was never going to lower his colours. While a guy like Charlie might show up on his week and blow the opposition away, there was just something about the dependability of George that I really liked.

Re the possible selection of Hollands, I’d say that a list requires many different types. Ed Allan appeals to me (I like the bloodlines), but with Hollands, maybe we need more of these guys who can just do a job on a weekly basis. Maybe he won’t be the flashiest player in his draft pool. But we do have several match winners, and maybe it’s time to add some solid citizens around them.
Yes. Work ethic is the keyword which comes to mind.

Sorry for lurking but I just read that comment and I remembered saying basically the exact same thing on this board a year ago when you traded for Hewett. He just does his job and at the end of every game no one is ever thinking "wow, Hewett had a bad game". Hewett won't make the highlights reel but he never has bad games. He always does what is asked of him.

The reason why Allan is interesting is the bloodlines, height and speed.
He's a very interesting prospect, zones are in vogue and someone with speed can help break the lines.
I agree on Allan, Hollands is rated approx 8-9th best mid-fielder in this draft, so if there is not a slider for us and we elect not to trade our pick, l would go for Allan on the basis of the upside in his development he has as he had only limited games for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back