Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch both players blindfolded?

Seamus was a high half forward who had dazzling speed, class and skill.

Humphrey is a big bodied mid-fwd, great marking ability, pretty decent kick on both feet, explosive, strong and a good contested game.

Completely and utterly different.
I was squinting really tightly!

Cam Mackenzie will be a good afl mid needing to work on disposal, more decision making than actual skill from the little I have seen. I don’t see him being the elite mid we need but we are early in rebuild and he would be a good addition. Also like Clark at our pick in that same vein. Rather than go for pick 2 my actual ideal scenario would be to get a Pick in the teens, take Humphrey or philippou with our first (assuming the big 4 are all gone) and then a mid like hewett or szybowki and then one of the forwards like Konstanty at 24. Add Lawrence and vickery late or rookie and that feels like a good incremental build.

Cam Mackenzie will be a good afl mid needing to work on disposal, more decision making than actual skill from the little I have seen. I don’t see him being the elite mid we need but we are early in rebuild and he would be a good addition. Also like Clark at our pick in that same vein. Rather than go for pick 2 my actual ideal scenario would be to get a Pick in the teens, take Humphrey or philippou with our first (assuming the big 4 are all gone) and then a mid like hewett or szybowki and then one of the forwards like Konstanty at 24. Add Lawrence and vickery late or rookie and that feels like a good incremental build.
MacKenzie has the tools to be an Elite mid.

He's tall 187cm, pretty strong at the contest and is good at the contest, finding it, using his quick and creative hands and he has some serious burst.

Lately he has genuinely changed some games, complete 180s. Pretty good kick & skillful, he's damaging forward of centre and yeah just a beast at stoppages, he is always on the move and so on.

I'd love him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam MacKenzie has had 8 touches and a goal so far.

Been awesome, super classy moving in traffic, exploding away and using the ball well, he, Sheezel & Ashcroft been three of the best i've thought.

His goal was basic but perfectly read and finished.

I think he'll go to North. I understand that Essendon may be keen on Mackenzie.
I can't see North passing on an out and out midfielder like Wardlaw or Tsatas after selecting Horne last year who can play the hybrid Mid-Fwd.

NM - Wardlaw
WCE - Tsatas
GWS - Cadman
Scum - Sheezel

That's how I see the top 4 playing out.

I can't see North passing on an out and out midfielder like Wardlaw or Tsatas after selecting Horne last year who can play the hybrid Mid-Fwd.

NM - Wardlaw
WCE - Tsatas
GWS - Cadman
Scum - Sheezel

Do you think there's any chance Humphrey ends up going 4th to essendon, if he has a massive game next week? I still feel there's a slim chance sheezel falls to us especially if he under performs in the champs game.

Think there's a chance it could go something like this

North - wardlaw
WCE hopefully go local and take either Hewett or busslinger
GWS - Cadman
Essendon - Tsatas
Adelaide/gc - Humphrey
Hawthorn - Sheezel

Ok now that I read over it it seems crazy but there might be a chance

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can watch the Nab GF Stingrays V Dragons via the nab app, second half starting soon.

A few to keep an eye on here in Hotton, Clark, McKenzie, Clarkson, Szybkowski, Binns to name a few.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-181230_NAB League.jpg
    Screenshot_20220916-181230_NAB League.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 50
Always the likelihood of a late bolter the danger we face at 6 is with Gold Coast likely having picks 5 & 7, with pick 5 they'll pick the player they think we want and not draft for need.

Watching the NAB GF:

- Will Ashcroft - sheesh, well done Lions, they have an A grade Jet for the next 15 years. He's everywhere doing everything, 26 touches to half time.

- Levi Ashcroft - Crikey, so the Lions are going back to back next year with A grade Jets. It's bordering unfair, AFL might need to step in. Little wonder everyone wants to play at Brisbane.

- Harry Sheezel, has kicked a couple and he's ready to play AFL now. He's not dropping out of the top 3 picks - Star.

- Cam McKenzie, he probably doesn't get to us either. Whoever questioned his kicking needs to head to Specsavers. He's in everything 16 touches to half time, set up goals, kicking goals, class, pace, has it all, will be every bit as good as W. Ashcroft. Not sure how others with picks before us pass on him.

Throw a blanket over the rest, The Hotton Kid looks good, the Clark kid playing forward with Sheezel is Sheezel Light.

Brisbane Lions on a verge of another dynasty thanks to Ashcroft boys. Their supporters are in for a treat.

NM - Wardlaw
WCE - Tsatas
GWS - Cadman
Scum - Sheezel

They already have - LDU, Simpkin, Phillips, Powell, JHF, Thomas plus Cunnington, Greenwood and McDonald as older big bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back