Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* me, someone lock in Cam MacKenzie for us already. He is ******* ridiculously good.
Cameron Mackenzie is an absolute gun. I wasn't on the Mackenzie train before, but I am now. He has an excellent skillset, makes wise decisions, and appears to be able to clear space.

People are kidding themselves if they think Cam isn't elite level potential!! I hate the fact that we have pick 6 and are in danger of not getting first dibs at any one of tsatas, Wardlaw, sheezel or McKenzie!! Disturbing.

* me, someone lock in Cam MacKenzie for us already. He is ******* ridiculously good.
Surely we get him. I know a lot of people are saying essendon are interested but you it's almost guaranteed they have access to one of the big 3 as cadman will Surely go to GWS. Would they really pick Mackenzie over Tsatas, sheezel or wardlaw?

And idk about gold coast but I really don't think he's someone they need

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

People are kidding themselves if they think Cam isn't elite level potential!! I hate the fact that we have pick 6 and are in danger of not getting first dibs at any one of tsatas, Wardlaw, sheezel or McKenzie!! Disturbing.
We will get MacKenzie.

Cadman a key fwd will go high, Busslinger probably goes high aswell and he's a key defender.

You got Tsatas, Ashcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw etc too

+ Clark.

We will get MacKenzie.

Cadman a key fwd will go high, Busslinger probably goes high aswell and he's a key defender.

You got Tsatas, Ashcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw etc too

+ Clark.
McKenzie has a great blend of acceleration and poise.. will make a very good player.. I see GCS taking him at 5 and Buslinger at 7.. Hoping Clark has a massive game for VC next week to make it a hard selection.. We might miss the Cream by one I think McKenzie sits comfortably in that top 5 (Ashcroft excluded)…

3rd Qtr GF Nab League

McKenzie levels up to beast mode, clearances, assists, lazy 55 meter mongrel bomb goal with a wet ball, spotting up targets, doing as he pleases - There is zero doubt, if he's available at pick 7 we grab him.

Sheezel snapping goal, the kid is extracting the urine. It's going to be bitter sweet watching him in opposition colours. A bit like Toby at GWS. Love watching him play would have been even better in Hawks colours.

Ashcroft is human - someone tackled him.

Disclaimer: Sandringham doing as they please, 10 goals up, Dandenong resistance non existent.

McKenzie has a great blend of acceleration and poise.. will make a very good player.. I see GCS taking him at 5 and Buslinger at 7.. Hoping Clark has a massive game for VC next week to make it a hard selection.. We might miss the Cream by one I think McKenzie sits comfortably in that top 5 (Ashcroft excluded)…
We're ahead of the Suns pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll get Busslinger imo, then get another mid like Clark, Hewett or Humphrey.
They won't take Busslinger with their first because they know we won't. I think it'll come down to Mackenzie or Humphrey for them, They have their core 3 midfielders so hopefully they take Humphrey as someone who can make an impact in the forward line after losing Rankine.

They'll get Busslinger imo, then get another mid like Clark, Hewett or Humphrey.
Humphrey would suit them well. They’ve got lots of pure mids, an X factor hybrid would be a a definite possibility. Agree on the Bus but they know we won’t take him so he’ll stay their for their second selection..

Ok let's line them up.

Ashcroft (we have no choice on this one)
Tsatas
Wardlaw
Sheezel
Then one of McKenzie, Cadman, Humphrey, Clark , phillipou fall to us. I'm not that confident of Cam getting to us .

Humphrey would suit them well. They’ve got lots of pure mids, an X factor hybrid would be a a definite possibility. Agree on the Bus but they know we won’t take him so he’ll stay their for their second selection..
Maybe, but i also believe they won't have both selections, think Adelaide will want to do something like Future first, Pick 5 for Pick 7 and Rankine? (Other picks aswell maybe.)

They won't take Busslinger with their first because they know we won't. I think it'll come down to Mackenzie or Humphrey for them, They have their core 3 midfielders so hopefully they take Humphrey as someone who can make an impact in the forward line after losing Rankine.

Maybe, but i also believe they won't have both selections, think Adelaide will want to do something like Future first, Pick 5 for Pick 7 and Rankine? (Other picks aswell maybe.)

(Reposted, but very similar comment needed haha).

I have come up with my top 10.
Brisbane match North bid for Ashcroft
North select Sheezel
West Coast select Wardlaw
GWS select Cadman
Essendon select Tsatas
Adelaide select Humphrey
Hawthorn select MacKenzie
Gold Coast select Busslinger
Port select Phillipou
Saints select Clark
Carlton select Ginbey

If Adelaide trade their first, but get the Suns pick 7, Suns will get Busslinger or Humphrey there & Adelaide will probably nab up Hewett, maybe Phillipou.

Brisbane: Ashcroft
North: Wardlaw
West Coast: Cadman
GWS: Sheezel
Essendon: Tsatas

Gold Coast: Here is the hard part. They won't take Busslinger here because they know we aren't a threat at pick 6 for him. Could definitely pull the trigger on McKenzie with their first. Let's hope that isn't the case because if he's available I think he's ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back