List Mgmt. 2022 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

It only takes one ruck contest to do a PCL.

I like a lot of your contributions Marcel Proust, but I'll file this one under "dumb things people say in the off season".

It's filed right next to my suggestions from years gone by that we should trade Jack Riewoldt for Jake Stringer, we should move to Tasmania and become the Tasmanian Tigers and that Mate Colina will be the GOAT (that one might have been a joke).

If balta can play ruck. Which he does. Why can't Gibcus.

Couple of things on this board always confuse me.

1. "We drafted a key back, this means Balta forward"
Apart from a preseason game against the Hawks, Balta looked more lost than Moses in the forward 50 and seemed as confused as a homeless man on house arrest. He was useless and to say he offered nothing of value is being generous. Let's be honest, how many backmen are drafted and can make the move forward? Most of the time, it is forwards who move back after they fail in the forward 50.

2. "Gibcus can be used forward"
See above, if could play forward he would have at NAB level. What good is an intercept marker in the F50? Keep him down back and make sure he develops into a Sam Taylor type. Much more useful.

3. "Too tall in the backline"
Rance - Astbury - Grimes - Broad
Rance - Astbury - Grimes - Broad
Astbury - Grimes - Broad
Balta - Astbury - Grimes - Broad

2023 based on form
Taz - Balta - Grimes - Broad

We ain't too tall and we have options based on form.

True but we won a flag with Grigg running away from ruck contests.

I expect miller (or Soldo) will be the 2# ruck but I wouldn't be surprised if they prefer to go the extra runner. Ie. Sonsie. Graham. Etc.
Miller will get the first run you'd think due to being pretty versatile. The only way Gibcus will ruck is just to swing magnets around, ie he is getting touched up down back and he may do a swap for a bit with Miller. He is too valuable to be putting in the ruck, Grigg wasn't and Balta is built for it and actually plays well there.

With 5 on the bench it is the perfect situation to put a player like Sonsie, unless he really comes on and demands a starting 22, a young kid who can come in and have an impact. There is no way they will sit out an entire game like the medi sub often did.

Miller will get the first run you'd think due to being pretty versatile. The only way Gibcus will ruck is just to swing magnets around, ie he is getting touched up down back and he may do a swap for a bit with Miller. He is too valuable to be putting in the ruck, Grigg wasn't and Balta is built for it and actually plays well there.

With 5 on the bench it is the perfect situation to put a player like Sonsie, unless he really comes on and demands a starting 22, a young kid who can come in and have an impact. There is no way they will sit out an entire game like the medi sub often did.

You want to get games into Gibcus. If he wants to play he may have to go out of position at times.

The back line is ok without him [Tarrant. Grimes. Broad. Balta. Vlastuin. Rioli. Short.] Etc.

and people don't want him forward

You want to get games into Gibcus. If he wants to play he may have to go out of position at times.

The back line is ok without him [Tarrant. Grimes. Broad. Balta. Vlastuin. Rioli. Short.] Etc.

and people don't want him forward
I'd play him over Tarrant. He is going to be some sort of player and Balta can do what Tarrant does. If Balta can't do that with Grimes, Broad and Vlastuin around him as backup he will never do it. Tarrant was good but he is not the future. If anything play Gibcus forward, he might enjoy it, but rather let him settle in the back pocket or CHB.

I'd play him over Tarrant. He is going to be some sort of player and Balta can do what Tarrant does. If Balta can't do that with Grimes, Broad and Vlastuin around him as backup he will never do it. Tarrant was good but he is not the future. If anything play Gibcus forward, he might enjoy it, but rather let him settle in the back pocket or CHB.

Dimma likes Tarrant however

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players elevated to senior list for 2023

James Madden (Brisbane)
Jack Ginnivan (Collingwood)
Nic Martin (Essendon)
Ned Moyle (Gold Coast)
Levi Casboult (Gold Coast)
Lachie Bramble (Hawthorn)
Kade Chandler (Melbourne)

According to this Pickett isn't among the players that have been elevated to senior lists for 2023

This from 2014, all gone

10420385_10205165809926057_4253378386390717568_n.jpg

Apart from butler the rest will be uncle ricos

James Madden (Brisbane)
Nic Martin (Essendon)
Ned Moyle (Gold Coast)

According to this Pickett isn't among the players that have been elevated to senior lists for 2023
Is there still time? It would be criminal not to.

James Madden (Brisbane)
Nic Martin (Essendon)
Ned Moyle (Gold Coast)

Must be a mistake. Otherwise we wouldn't have been allowed to only take 2 picks in the ND.

Must be a mistake. Otherwise we wouldn't have been allowed to only take 2 picks in the ND.
We had 4 picks available in the draft and took just the 2.

We've got 35 senior listed with Narkle being offered a train on spot would make 36, which is the minimum required. With Pickett still on the rookie list we've got 6 listed Cat A rookies

We've got 35 senior listed with Narkle being offered a train on spot would make 36, which is the minimum required. With Pickett still on the rookie list we've got 6 listed Cat A rookies
Pickett's not still on the rookie list. We had three picks in the rookie draft and passed on the last one. That's where the spare spot is for the SSP.

They may not have announced Pickett's elevation yet, but it definitely happened because he wasn't delisted and re-rookied.

Just realised that given we went into the the national draft with four spots available, not five, it means Pickett must have been elevated to the senior list before the draft, which would explain why he wasn't on the list of post-draft elevations.

I aware of that but rules are you have to fill 3 senior list spots via the national draft and rookie elevations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back