List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to say that draft board that was stickied at the top was super handy. Brilliant idea whoever came up with it.

Thank a user called Lore if you see them around, I think they've done it for the past few years at least. Very handy thing

If you’re happy for Clark to not play then sure but I really like Clark somewhere in the team.

Sinclair mids yes but we have no run off the half Back line. Coffield is an interceptee not a run and carry type. Battle isn’t either. Hill back to the wing and Sinclair to the mids leaves us significantly slower
Sinclair in a dual role..mainly half back but getting some minutes in the midfield to add to rotations.

Just want to say that next year there is a draft candidate from Emmanuel College in Warrnambool (the school where Johno Brown is from) that was touted widely as the possible number 1 selection in 2023.
Last year he did his knee and sat out the whole season. I'm a teacher at the school and the kid is a gun player who's been forgotten about. His knee rehab is going great. Geelong is all over him already and know his talent. I'm telling you, the kid can play. Beautiful kick, creates time and space, reads the play like a star, is quick, and a big boy. He's played forward as a junior, back in past years, but he will be a midfielder I reckon this year.
Next year he will be our college captain and his character is exceptional. He will make it big time! Best thing: he's a Saints supporter like me!
I read these forums all the time but can't usually be bothered posting. His name is George Stevens. He is the one we need to target and our supporters need to make some noise about him.
Here is an article from the local paper.

2023 AFL draft prospect George Stevens on road to recovery after ACL surgery​

Justine McCullagh-Beasy

By Justine McCullagh-Beasy
Updated November 15 2022 - 12:22pm, first published August 2 2022 - 4:00pm
0 Comments
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmail
Copy

r0_0_4431_2954_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

LOOKING AHEAD: AFL hopeful George Stevens is working his way back from a serious knee injury. Picture: Anthony Brady
GEORGE Stevens' name has swirled through high-level sporting circles since primary school.
He's always been a force on the football field and a standout on the basketball court.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

Stevens was, until recently, the biggest, tallest and strongest on his teams.

Then and now, he remains one of the most dedicated and skilful.
Stevens, who at 17 speaks with a maturity which belies his years, has another attribute in spades - gratitude.
It's something he's had to call on recently after a serious knee injury forced him to the sidelines.
Stevens, who has represented Victoria in both football and basketball since under 12 level, had to wrap his mind around missing 12 months of sport.
A chance to play for Vic Country at the AFL under 18 national championships slipped from his grasp and his bottom-age NAB League season became a write off.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

So what does a teenager who dreams of becoming a professional athlete do? He takes up coaching.
Stevens is helping South Warrnambool plot its path to the Hampden league grand final.
He plays a key role in the Roosters' training program and is invested on game day, working with individual players.
It was a daunting task for someone still in high school.
"I have learned more this year off the field than what I would playing which is pretty cool," Stevens told The Standard.

r0_0_4554_3036_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

COACHING CHANCE: 2023 AFL draft contender George Stevens, 17, is helping South Warrnambool on the sidelines as he recovers from a serious knee injury. Picture: Chris Doheny
"It's funny, earlier on the confidence definitely wasn't there when you approach and talk to players that are pretty well-regarded around not only Hampden league but footy in general, the likes of Josh Saunders and Ricky Henderson, but I think that's the best part about our club, age is just a number.
"Everyone has that trust in everyone and we understand where we're all at.
"The boys give me a lot of confidence and they listen and we work together. I learn and they learn. It's a great process. I am very grateful."
Stevens credited older brother Archie, who is playing for Carlton's VFL team, and South Warrnambool coach Mat Battistello for helping keep his focus on track.
"It's been one of the toughest things I have had to deal with which has made me even more grateful in saying an injury is the worst thing that has happened to me," he said.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

r0_0_4359_2906_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

HOME-TOWN PRIDE: George Stevens loves being part of South Warrnambool Football Netball Club. Picture: Anthony Brady
"When it all went down (in November last year) he (Battistello) said 'there's no way I am going to let this be a so-called waste of a year, I'm going to get you involved and you're going to help me out'.
"I am so grateful for what Batters has been able to help me with and seeing Arch do so well this year, I feel like I've been able to handle it pretty well and have a good perspective on things.
"That has been the best thing, outside of some self-motivation, seeing what he's doing is crazy.
"Watching him play, it's almost like I am playing myself. I am that proud of him and that happy for him."
Stevens admits his emotions have fluctuated throughout his extensive rehabilitation and second surgery setback.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

"I have found lots of ways to cope; figuring out ways to fight through adversity," he said.
"When something you love so much gets taken away, it is tough but I have found ways to steer clear of digging myself into a big hole.
"As of recently, I have been getting into some podcast stuff, and I am a massive fan of this guy named Ben Crowe.
"I have taken a lot of learnings off him about being able to find inner motivation and resilience."
r0_0_3141_2094_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

BIG DREAMS: Vic Country's George Stevens at the 2021 AFL under 17 national championships. Picture: Getty Images
Calling on those words of wisdom has been crucial for Stevens, who thanked Warrnambool-based physiotherapist Toby Pettigrew, the team at Ultimate Performance Rehab and his surgeon for their expertise.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

"Unfortunately I had a pretty big hiccup, about 10 weeks ago now I had to go in and get some more surgery," he said.
"I had a left meniscus repaired. Basically they repaired it in my first surgery with my reconstruction and then it didn't quite do as it should.
"At the six-month mark I was looking to run and got the final scan just to make sure it was all good before I got going.
"They found a little tear in the meniscus which they had to repair. It was a bit of a full-on procedure considering where the tear was.
"I am feeling really good and feeling strong again. I see my surgeon in a couple of weeks."
AFL clubs were circling the Emmanuel College student, who is completing two year 12 subjects in year 11, before his injury.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

He'd represented Vic Country at under 17 level and made his under 19 GWV Rebels debut at just 16.
Stevens, who has picked football over basketball, is seen as a big-bodied midfielder who could read the play off half-back if needed.
Playing forward is also an option.
But for now the 190-centimetre, 93-kilogram athlete takes delight in watching his South Warrnambool teammates enjoy success.
"Watching all the people close to me do so well and watching all my mates go out there, it gives me a lot of motivation to keep going," he said.
"I have dreams and goals I want to get to so I know every day that I go out and take another step forward by doing rehab is a step closer to those.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

"I haven't been taking it lightly and I've been trying to smash it out through the inner motivation I have."
Stevens said the support he'd received from the south-west community had been overwhelming.
"It almost gets to the point where there's that many messages where you're like 'wow, this is just crazy how many people care for me'," he said.
"I couldn't express that gratefulness enough because without everyone reaching out I'd be pretty lost."
When Stevens reaches his goal, he'll be the one sending out messages to all those who supported him along the way.

Just want to say that next year there is a draft candidate from Emmanuel College in Warrnambool (the school where Johno Brown is from) that was touted widely as the possible number 1 selection in 2023.
Last year he did his knee and sat out the whole season. I'm a teacher at the school and the kid is a gun player who's been forgotten about. His knee rehab is going great. Geelong is all over him already and know his talent. I'm telling you, the kid can play. Beautiful kick, creates time and space, reads the play like a star, is quick, and a big boy. He's played forward as a junior, back in past years, but he will be a midfielder I reckon this year.
Next year he will be our college captain and his character is exceptional. He will make it big time! Best thing: he's a Saints supporter like me!
I read these forums all the time but can't usually be bothered posting. His name is George Stevens. He is the one we need to target and our supporters need to make some noise about him.

Justine McCullagh-Beasy

0 Comments
Copy

LOOKING AHEAD: AFL hopeful George Stevens is working his way back from a serious knee injury. Picture: Anthony Brady
GEORGE Stevens' name has swirled through high-level sporting circles since primary school.
He's always been a force on the football field and a standout on the basketball court.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

Stevens, who at 17 speaks with a maturity which belies his years, has another attribute in spades - gratitude.
It's something he's had to call on recently after a serious knee injury forced him to the sidelines.
Stevens, who has represented Victoria in both football and basketball since under 12 level, had to wrap his mind around missing 12 months of sport.
A chance to play for Vic Country at the AFL under 18 national championships slipped from his grasp and his bottom-age NAB League season became a write off.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

So what does a teenager who dreams of becoming a professional athlete do? He takes up coaching.
Stevens is helping South Warrnambool plot its path to the Hampden league grand final.
He plays a key role in the Roosters' training program and is invested on game day, working with individual players.
"I have learned more this year off the field than what I would playing which is pretty cool," Stevens told The Standard.

COACHING CHANCE: 2023 AFL draft contender George Stevens, 17, is helping South Warrnambool on the sidelines as he recovers from a serious knee injury. Picture: Chris Doheny
"It's funny, earlier on the confidence definitely wasn't there when you approach and talk to players that are pretty well-regarded around not only Hampden league but footy in general, the likes of Josh Saunders and Ricky Henderson, but I think that's the best part about our club, age is just a number.
"The boys give me a lot of confidence and they listen and we work together. I learn and they learn. It's a great process. I am very grateful."
Stevens credited older brother Archie, who is playing for Carlton's VFL team, and South Warrnambool coach Mat Battistello for helping keep his focus on track.
"It's been one of the toughest things I have had to deal with which has made me even more grateful in saying an injury is the worst thing that has happened to me," he said.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

HOME-TOWN PRIDE: George Stevens loves being part of South Warrnambool Football Netball Club. Picture: Anthony Brady
"When it all went down (in November last year) he (Battistello) said 'there's no way I am going to let this be a so-called waste of a year, I'm going to get you involved and you're going to help me out'.
"I am so grateful for what Batters has been able to help me with and seeing Arch do so well this year, I feel like I've been able to handle it pretty well and have a good perspective on things.
"That has been the best thing, outside of some self-motivation, seeing what he's doing is crazy.
"Watching him play, it's almost like I am playing myself. I am that proud of him and that happy for him."
Stevens admits his emotions have fluctuated throughout his extensive rehabilitation and second surgery setback.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

"I have found lots of ways to cope; figuring out ways to fight through adversity," he said.
"When something you love so much gets taken away, it is tough but I have found ways to steer clear of digging myself into a big hole.
"As of recently, I have been getting into some podcast stuff, and I am a massive fan of this guy named Ben Crowe.
"I have taken a lot of learnings off him about being able to find inner motivation and resilience."

BIG DREAMS: Vic Country's George Stevens at the 2021 AFL under 17 national championships. Picture: Getty Images
Calling on those words of wisdom has been crucial for Stevens, who thanked Warrnambool-based physiotherapist Toby Pettigrew, the team at Ultimate Performance Rehab and his surgeon for their expertise.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

"Unfortunately I had a pretty big hiccup, about 10 weeks ago now I had to go in and get some more surgery," he said.
"I had a left meniscus repaired. Basically they repaired it in my first surgery with my reconstruction and then it didn't quite do as it should.
"At the six-month mark I was looking to run and got the final scan just to make sure it was all good before I got going.
"They found a little tear in the meniscus which they had to repair. It was a bit of a full-on procedure considering where the tear was.
"I am feeling really good and feeling strong again. I see my surgeon in a couple of weeks."
AFL clubs were circling the Emmanuel College student, who is completing two year 12 subjects in year 11, before his injury.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

He'd represented Vic Country at under 17 level and made his under 19 GWV Rebels debut at just 16.
Stevens, who has picked football over basketball, is seen as a big-bodied midfielder who could read the play off half-back if needed.
But for now the 190-centimetre, 93-kilogram athlete takes delight in watching his South Warrnambool teammates enjoy success.
"Watching all the people close to me do so well and watching all my mates go out there, it gives me a lot of motivation to keep going," he said.
"I have dreams and goals I want to get to so I know every day that I go out and take another step forward by doing rehab is a step closer to those.
ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

"I haven't been taking it lightly and I've been trying to smash it out through the inner motivation I have."
Stevens said the support he'd received from the south-west community had been overwhelming.
"It almost gets to the point where there's that many messages where you're like 'wow, this is just crazy how many people care for me'," he said.
"I couldn't express that gratefulness enough because without everyone reaching out I'd be pretty lost."
When Stevens reaches his goal, he'll be the one sending out messages to all those who supported him along the way.
Thanks George. You have a perfectly chiseled physique and impeccable, sigma shaped jawline.

All George's are superior so I'm not surprised. Welcome to the forum! Just don't be too hard on the neckbeard, chinless campaigners that flood these parts xo

Thanks George. You have a perfectly chiseled physique and impeccable, sigma shaped jawline.

All George's are superior so I'm not surprised. Welcome to the forum! Just don't be too hard on the neckbeard, chinless campaigners that flood these parts xo

Now that boy has a jaw that you could iron a shirt with. If his jaw is that big at 17 he'll look like Quagmire by the time he hits 20. Want.

Justine McCullagh-Beasy

0 Comments
Copy

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

ADVERTISEMENT
Ad

Add that with Jack O’Sullivan the following and we could have some pretty good AFL listed players coming from the Hampden League with McCluggage, Drew and Sean Darcy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back