List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of selling the farm to get pick 4, two first rounders next year is very valuable.
Would likely be even more then that considering 3 clubs are apparently going for the same pick. I'd rather take a player at 11. Not a huge difference between Humphrey/tsatas and who we would get anyway

I especially don't like paying out the nose for an attacking midfielder who struggles with finishing or a midfielder that doesn't apply defensive pressure.

Can’t wait for the draft to be over. Not so much to see who our next 200 game super star will be, but so we can burn this merry go round thread to the ground.

What a painful two months it’s been.

So who is our target and what do we give up to get pick 4?

AFL Draft 2022 Day 1: All the late mail, news, and every pick from the first round Up to four clubs are trying to convince Essendon to give up pick 4 in tonight’s AFL Draft. See the latest moves and what rivals have to offer the Bombers.

The Western Bulldogs have emerged as a shock contender to snatch Essendon’s No.4 draft pick in a plot twist to the Josh Dunkley trade saga.

The Dogs, armed with selections 11, 21, 39 as well as two first-round selections in the 2023 draft, have made a late pitch to poach the prized selection.

They received picks 21 and Brisbane Lions’ future first-round pick as part of the Dunkley deal that stretched the trade deadline due to tense negotiations.

The Herald Sun can reveal that the Dogs are one of four clubs locked in 11th-hour talks with the Bombers over the No.4 pick.

Melbourne also has strong interest and, like the Dogs, has significant draft capital in 2023 to help broker a deal.

The bidding war leaves the Bombers in a nice position. They will be open to offers right until they are on the clock at Monday night’s draft, where they will either accept a bombshell deal or draft one of the best players in the country.

If the Bombers accept a deal they are likely to shore up their future by banking multiple early picks across the next two drafts. While giving up a top-five pick would be hard to stomach, bringing in multiple star teenagers over the next 12 months would be a boom result for new coach Brad Scott.

It’s understood Victorians Elijah Tsatas and Bailey Humphrey are the top targets for clubs looking to trade for Essendon’s selection.

Should a club secure pick 4 from the Bombers and secure Humphrey it would unsettle Gold Coast’s plans.

The Suns are extremely bullish about Gippsland Power’s captain and had been expected to take him at the next pick, No.5 overall.

The Bombers are expected to draft either Tsatas or Mattaes Phillipou if they keep their No.4 pick.

Tsatas won Oakleigh Chargers best-and-fairest from just six NAB League games this season. He is a powerful midfielder who can play inside and outside, similar to former Dogs captain Ryan Griffen.

Phillipou is a confident South Australian who loves the big moments and shapes as a certain top-10 pick

Would likely be even more then that considering 3 clubs are apparently going for the same pick. I'd rather take a player at 11. Not a huge difference between Humphrey/tsatas and who we would get anyway

Yeah if anything I'd much rather chase Sydney's first rounders aggressively. Getting three inside the 10-20 range would be killer.

Question now is.. who should we select at pick 4
The only player I would be interested in at 4 is Phillipou.
If we’re looking at running mids, is Tsatas so much better than Allan that he’s worth an extra two first round picks?
I'd prefer Allan or hollands over tsatas by a mile in that scenario. Next years crop is insanely good and to give that up for polec would be nuts

Sam landberger has just dropped a bomb.

We are trying to trade up to secure pick 4!!!!
Melbourne offered pick 13 & two future first rounders, and were rejected.

I know everyone thinks this draft drops off a lot after the first 7 picks, but seriously that's a massive price....

Melbourne offered pick 4 & two future first rounders, and were rejected.

I know everyone thinks this draft drops off a lot after the first 7 picks, but seriously that's a massive price....
It hasn’t been rejected? Where did you see that.

The only player I would be interested in at 4 is Phillipou.

I'd prefer Allan or hollands over tsatas by a mile in that scenario. Next years crop is insanely good and to give that up for polec would be nuts

All this talk of next years draft.

Mate let’s just form some trust over what our clubs experts have analyzed with next years strong draft (maybe it’s only strong in first 10 selections…) vs getting a top 5 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we’re looking at running mids, is Tsatas so much better than Allan that he’s worth an extra two first round picks?
We might be looking at Humphrey - projects as a genuine match winner

TBH trading up is always fraught with danger so I'd rather we just kept what we have

All this talk of next years draft.

Mate let’s just form some trust over what our clubs experts have analyzed with next years strong draft (maybe it’s only strong in first 10 selections…) vs getting a top 5 pick
This time last year, many said the same about this draft.

We might be looking at Humphrey - projects as a genuine match winner

TBH trading up is always fraught with danger so I'd rather we just kept what we have

But trading out of the following year all together? That feels far too risky, especially when it's for a position that we're not exactly hard up for.

But trading out of the following year all together? That feels far too risky, especially when it's for a position that we're not exactly hard up for.
Yes - that's what I just said. Keep what we have rather than trade up

It’s possible that because our first this year is higher than Melbourne’s we can get away with not offering as much as them in next year’s draft.

Particularly if the Bombers want to stay in front of the WCE for a WA player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back