Preview 2022 EF1 Richmond vs Brisbane Thursday 1/9 7.20pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont be surprise if stack is an in
Me if stack is in

Surprise Seinfeld GIF

Shai's partner is expecting and is overdue.

Richmond star Shai Bolton didn’t train this morning due to personal reasons. He is not in doubt for Thursday’s elimination final against Brisbane. @7NewsMelbourne @7AFL
Aug 29, 2022

Richmond star Shai Bolton didn’t train this morning due to personal reasons. He is not in doubt for Thursday’s elimination final against Brisbane. @7NewsMelbourne @7AFL
Aug 29, 2022
do footy players ever not have babies around finals time

also inb4 girl

Aug 29, 2022

It's going to be a team of boltons. Pickett's and riolis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All i can say is our recent elimination finals record hasn't been great.
We’ve won our 5 most recent elimination finals though!

2020 GF
2020 Prelim
2020 Semi
2019 GF
2019 Prelim

I have a bad feeling about this one.

I'm the opposite, I reckon it could get ugly for Brisbane. We are peaking at the right time. Playing exciting footy. Our midfield over the past month has won some key battles against oppo mids. We match them in the midfield we win. Our forward line looks too dangerous. Lynch, Riewoldt, Dusty, Bolton, Cumberland, Rioli Jnr

Aug 29, 2022
Please let it be a boy....

I hope we actually pay some attention to that smurph and not let him get 40 touches
We won't, we don't tag. It will likely be a head to head match up with Prestia. Both clearance beasts, would be entertaining.

Graham is built for finals but I think he misses out. Sonsie sub.
Trained fully today, but was in the B team during match sim.

I think one of Graham/Ross/Shedda/Sonsie is going to be sub and one will miss out altogether, which is tough. I'd probably go with Ross and Sonsie with Shedda as sub and have Graham on standby with another weeks rest for if we make it to week two.

AFL finals 2022: All the Richmond news in the lead-up to elimination final v Brisbane​

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Shai Bolton was a notable absentee at Richmond training on Monday morning as star teammate Dustin Martin got through the session in flying colours.

The club insists Bolton is in no doubt for Thursday’s elimination final against Brisbane at the Gabba and missed training due to personal reasons.
Martin participated in every drill of the Tigers’ 90 minute session, including tackling practice and match simulation, showing no signs of hindrance from the hamstring injury that’s kept him out of the side since round 16.

The Brownlow medallist played as a forward for the match simulation, kicking a goal and moving freely up the ground. He was in good spirits through the whole session and looked sharp, hitting targets, and looks set to take the field against the Lions.

Tom Lynch also trained fully after being subbed out with a groin issue in the Tigers’ win over the Bombers in the last round of the home-and-away season. The key forward has kicked 60 goals for the season – including 21 in the past month – and will be an integral part of the Tigers’ finals campaign.

Both Jack Graham and Noah Cumberland completed the full session as well, after training away from the main group in Saturday’s hitout. Graham played in the ‘B’ team for match simulation, while Cumberland played in the ‘A’ team and wore a cap that indicated to teammates he should only bare limited contact.

Dylan Grimes made his way onto the ground to do some light run-throughs under the watchful eyes of a few Tigers’ staff. The Richmond co-captain is not in contention to play this week, and will hope that the Tigers make a run for the premiership so he’s a chance to get back late in September.

Dustin Martin looked sharp at training. Picture: Michael Klein

Dustin Martin looked sharp at training. Picture: Michael Klein
Damien Hardwick may have regretted taking the tackle bag. Picture: Michael Klein

Damien Hardwick may have regretted taking the tackle bag. Picture: Michael Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back