Position 2022 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Very much so, has looked very good. A lot of nice +6 action. 78 last week too. Is an 80 average out of the question?
I said no a week ago.. but I'm coming around to it. The dude is so good, I would just like watching him each week regardless 😆 Rioli down to him at D5 and I save a little

Does anyone else get the feeling we aren’t going to get any defensive 190k rookies to play? What the heck are we meant to do with our bench when even the expensive rookies aren’t going to play!
Rory Thompson?
Hamling

Maybe

Does anyone else get the feeling we aren’t going to get any defensive 190k rookies to play? What the heck are we meant to do with our bench when even the expensive rookies aren’t going to play!

It might be we have to pick likely players on the bench - rather than risk burning endless trades trying to keep a squad of 30 each week. For example, Dean for the Pies might be an option, even if he's out for Rd 1.

I think the people who guess/work out the correct approach early will do very well this year.

With Milera an unknown, I'm hoping Ben Paton ($380k Def) is named Rd 1.
82 in the praccy and 66 on the weekend.
I see Hunter Clark (and Billings) are listed as injured on dtlive.

With Milera an unknown, I'm hoping Ben Paton ($380k Def) is named Rd 1.
82 in the praccy and 66 on the weekend.
I see Hunter Clark (and Billings) are listed as injured on dtlive.

Both Billings and Clark will likely be out for about a month of the real season, if not more. Hamstring (Billings), AC joint (Clark)

Riley Bonner has spiked my interest as a POD down back.

Seems to have taken the HBF role as Houston has moved up the field and also taking kick ins now.

105 against the crows on the weekend.
129 in last years Prelim.
104 in round 23.

Some solid numbers across his last 4 or so games now he’s in that role...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching North play on the weekend has me ineterested in Luke Mcdonald again. Soo stupid that he is only mid when he plays defense 99% of his career. With hall out seems like he was the go to guy in defense. Much better ball user than ziebull thats for sure. He had 85 on the weekend but thats pretty good against a stingy swans team known for restricting fantasy scores. The best part is he has the same role he had when he went 95+ and i can see something similiar again this year until hall comes back. Soo tempting as a mid but would have been a show in as defender.

Watching North play on the weekend has me ineterested in Luke Mcdonald again. Soo stupid that he is only mid when he plays defense 99% of his career. With hall out seems like he was the go to guy in defense. Much better ball user than ziebull thats for sure. He had 85 on the weekend but thats pretty good against a stingy swans team known for restricting fantasy scores. The best part is he has the same role he had when he went 95+ and i can see something similiar again this year until hall comes back. Soo tempting as a mid but would have been a show in as defender.
Only worry is what happens when Hall is back

I was thinking exactly the same, I’m not across how long Hall will be out for but probably needs to be 4-5 weeks to warrant picking McDonlald

I was thinking exactly the same, I’m not across how long Hall will be out for but probably needs to be 4-5 weeks to warrant picking McDonlald
Ok wow i was misinformed. Read somewhere he would be out until rd 8. Afl website says 3-4 weeks so probably back round 5 or it could be 3-4 weeks from when injury happened in that case probably closer to round 3. Need more info to be sure but if round 5 i can see him going up 150k in that short span. Hall gonna be a must get when he comes back though now that his annual injury is out of the way early.

My backline sits at Whitfield, McIreney, Hewett, Sicily, Chapman and Patton.

is slightly weaker, but all guys who have upside and in best 22.

But allows me to have Touk, Steele, Macrae and Brayshaw in the mids.

Is a backline like this okay, cause of the Uber premos in the middle.

My backline sits at Whitfield, McIreney, Hewett, Sicily, Chapman and Patton.

is slightly weaker, but all guys who have upside and in best 22.

But allows me to have Touk, Steele, Macrae and Brayshaw in the mids.

Is a backline like this okay, cause of the Uber premos in the middle.

It's very similar to mine, so on that basis - you should change it immediately. Do not pass go, do not collect $200....

It's a risk at this stage, one we won't know until much later whether it works or not.

Dunno if settled is the right word, but rolling with:

Whit, Short, McInerney, Hewitt, Chapman, De Koning (P.McCartin/Gibcus)

I’ve barely seen Lloyd in any posts here yet sits in 22% of teams. What’s the big concern? I’m rolling Lloyd and Whitfield D1/2 but very tempted to downgrade Lloyd to a McInerney/Chapman and take the cash.

I’ve barely seen Lloyd in any posts here yet sits in 22% of teams. What’s the big concern? I’m rolling Lloyd and Whitfield D1/2 but very tempted to downgrade Lloyd to a McInerney/Chapman and take the cash.
I think the general feeling is that Whitfield and Short are underpriced and thus represent value, while Lloyd is expected to average around his 98 price point. He didn’t look particularly enticing during the practice games, either.

There’s an argument to be made that Dawson’s departure might mean a few more touches for Lloyd, but it also seems like Sydney are playing a less possession-oriented game in the backline. Just a lot of unknowns, basically.

Lloyd is a funny one. Never goes huge so doesn't exactly burn you if you don't start with him. But man is he consistent! I wonder who takes kick ins for Sydney when the real stuff starts. When Dawson moved to his wing role last year, Lloyd saw an uptick as he got most of his kick ins back. But all pre season it's appeared like Sydney have shared kick in duties with a heap of blokes and gone more direct through guys like Blakey and Mcinerney. Hard to know if that's just testing things out though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back