Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Davies?

Whatever option means you don't have Fatty McCartin in your side is the one to go with.
Davies - young inside mid at GC. Looked good in the praccy. Chance he takes Greenwoods vacated spot but also probably needed to find a little more of it. Kicked two snags though

Fair call.

View attachment 1335643

This is what the side looks lke without him. I had 300k for that final player which i an awkward amount, so I went with Macdonald as a rookie with decent potential.
Also I just noticed you have Preuss on your bench.

If you think Preuss will get enough games to be a decent cash cow, it has to be on field at R2. Way too much money to sit there on the bench. I would take the 170k from Preuss down to Hayes and either:
  • put it on Rowell's head and grab Crouch, Lipinski, Cripps etc
  • put it on Sinn's head (move Coleman back) and grab one of those forward value picks, like Phillips, Curnow, Rayner, Brodie, West;
  • put it on Serong and grab a potential uber like Kelly, SimpKING etc.

Do you not have enough cash for Josh Ward?

I reckon Macdonald outperformed him in the praccy.

Also I just noticed you have Preuss on your bench.

If you think Preuss will get enough games to be a decent cash cow, it has to be on field at R2. Way too much money to sit there on the bench. I would take the 170k from Preuss down to Hayes and either:
  • put it on Rowell's head and grab Crouch, Lipinski, Cripps etc
  • put it on Sinn's head (move Coleman back) and grab one of those forward value picks, like Phillips, Curnow, Rayner, Brodie, West;
  • put it on Serong and grab a potential uber like Kelly, SimpKING etc.

Yeah, I thought Preuss at R3 could generate a bit of cash, but those are definitely more sensible ideas.

I like it but damn I would be nervous going into the season with that many on field rookies in the forward line

One more mid pricer in the middle, one more premium in defence than me - but plenty of rookies with questionable prospects for Rd 1.

Still plenty of time to optimise though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is everyone sitting with their forward lines? I'm finding F4-F6 mighty had to fill.

- There's the obvious lack of 190k rookies. Hollands looks touch and go for round 1 which is a shame. Not sure who else there is.

Rachelle - premium priced rookie, has barely played any footy for 2 years and i try to stay away from overpriced rookies unless they're obvious (JHF, Daicos)

Stengle - small forward, so I would always avoid. Could produce a couple of nice scores but could go completely missing like small forwards do and drop a few sub-40 scores. If he was 190k I would be on but not for 300k.

Rioli - Who the heck knows. He may not be a bad option with all of the injuries at WCE, but no info on how his fitness is? Hasn't played in over 2 years so can't pick him.

McGuinness - Has never shown anything fantasy wise and no idea if he is best 22 at Hawthorn.

Curnow - I'd probably be willing to take a chance on Curnow, I can see him playing all over the ground. Has a pretty good tank and has had a great pre season from most reports. Need to see how he goes in AAMI.

Brodie - Awesome on the weekend, but that was without half of Freo's midfield. He will lose CBA's to Fyfe, Mundy, Tucker when they're back. Freo's CBA rotation is probably going to look something like Fyfe/Mundy/Bray/Serong/Tucker/Brodie so I do think he will get CBA's and good mid time. Freo headhunted him last season for the sole purpose of having his big body at stoppages and to replace Cerra. Option.

Rayner - Has looked good, but is 400k and has never really shown to have a great fantasy game. More an impact player. Could get more CBA's but who knows how that translated to fantasy. I think he averages around 70.

Where is everyone sitting with their forward lines? I'm finding F4-F6 mighty had to fill.

- There's the obvious lack of 190k rookies. Hollands looks touch and go for round 1 which is a shame. Not sure who else there is.

Rachelle - premium priced rookie, has barely played any footy for 2 years and i try to stay away from overpriced rookies unless they're obvious (JHF, Daicos)

Stengle - small forward, so I would always avoid. Could produce a couple of nice scores but could go completely missing like small forwards do and drop a few sub-40 scores. If he was 190k I would be on but not for 300k.

Rioli - Who the heck knows. He may not be a bad option with all of the injuries at WCE, but no info on how his fitness is? Hasn't played in over 2 years so can't pick him.

McGuinness - Has never shown anything fantasy wise and no idea if he is best 22 at Hawthorn.

Curnow - I'd probably be willing to take a chance on Curnow, I can see him playing all over the ground. Has a pretty good tank and has had a great pre season from most reports. Need to see how he goes in AAMI.

Brodie - Awesome on the weekend, but that was without half of Freo's midfield. He will lose CBA's to Fyfe, Mundy, Tucker when they're back. Freo's CBA rotation is probably going to look something like Fyfe/Mundy/Bray/Serong/Tucker/Brodie so I do think he will get CBA's and good mid time. Freo headhunted him last season for the sole purpose of having his big body at stoppages and to replace Cerra. Option.

Rayner - Has looked good, but is 400k and has never really shown to have a great fantasy game. More an impact player. Could get more CBA's but who knows how that translated to fantasy. I think he averages around 70.

After recently upgrading Darcy into Gawn; i originally had Butters & Heeney F4-5 with Ralphsmith F6.

I've cut back to Brodie, Curnow & Ralphsmith F4-F6. I'm sure it will keep changing but for now i'll give my reasons.

Brodie - As a gold coast fan i've been a massive fan of him but due to Dew's preferences for inside mids he just couldn't get a game and we sat him forward to develop into a 3rd tall which didn't work out. Lucky for us that gives us DPP and he is cheaper than the last two years i've started with him, of course Fyfe & Mundy are to come back but Brodie should get the chance first month to have a crack and within that month we should either know if he can swim or sink.

Curnow - Massive unders, yes the old rule don't pick key forwards but its a different game now, especially with the $TEXCOIN. Would be a much safer pick if Mckay was playing too, who is their next best key forward?

Ralphsmith - Half back role looks ok, rookie price, rookie scores. Owned him last year, if he's playing i'm happy with that.

Anyone feel like it's too mid price madness?

Thinking of watching the AAMI game and if Hewett, Rowell don't go 85 I cut one.

Or, if butters or Heeney aren't getting 50 percent cbas, one gets cut.

Already running 4 rooks, but thinking of going 5 and getting a premo.

Currently running Butters, Curnow and Rachele in the F4-6 spots...

Some questions marks on the latter two, so we'll see what pops up in the coming weeks...

After recently upgrading Darcy into Gawn; i originally had Butters & Heeney F4-5 with Ralphsmith F6.

I've cut back to Brodie, Curnow & Ralphsmith F4-F6. I'm sure it will keep changing but for now i'll give my reasons.

Brodie - As a gold coast fan i've been a massive fan of him but due to Dew's preferences for inside mids he just couldn't get a game and we sat him forward to develop into a 3rd tall which didn't work out. Lucky for us that gives us DPP and he is cheaper than the last two years i've started with him, of course Fyfe & Mundy are to come back but Brodie should get the chance first month to have a crack and within that month we should either know if he can swim or sink.

Curnow - Massive unders, yes the old rule don't pick key forwards but its a different game now, especially with the $TEXCOIN. Would be a much safer pick if Mckay was playing too, who is their next best key forward?

Ralphsmith - Half back role looks ok, rookie price, rookie scores. Owned him last year, if he's playing i'm happy with that.
That is my current F4-6. Most confident with Curnow, followed by Brodie and then ralphmalph. Like you though, not 100% sold on it.

My browser still hates the site. Putting black rings around everyone for god knows why

On the 4 uber 4 rook midfield at the moment.. that itself should be a POD. Butters at his price is the only one I feel I'm missing

Untitled.png

My browser still hates the site. Putting black rings around everyone for god knows why

On the 4 uber 4 rook midfield at the moment.. that itself should be a POD. Butters at his price is the only one I feel I'm missing

View attachment 1336418
At quick glance our team has 5 differences out of 30 players 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back