Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have two of Daicos, Ward and Jhf on field. If there are more mid rookies I guess I get them at M10 or utility. Get the cash gen. I will be scouting for anyone cheap in the back line who looks like they can get a 60 or 70 though. Coleman, Answerth and Starcevich from Bris are all on the watch list.
I think Starc will have a great year.

I'll have two of Daicos, Ward and Jhf on field. If there are more mid rookies I guess I get them at M10 or utility. Get the cash gen. I will be scouting for anyone cheap in the back line who looks like they can get a 60 or 70 though. Coleman, Answerth and Starcevich from Bris are all on the watch list.

Got a close eye on Answorth - as he's definitely the forgotten man in that Brissie side. Talk he could push up to a wing, which would be handy with him being priced at only 325K

Ok - this wasn't my original team - but inspired by a post in the rookie thread, I made a modified with some of the most likely rookies to play - and then filled in after that.

I then shuffled a few around, as I didn't want Hall, Heeney or Dusty - and ended up with this....

Version 3.jpg

Thoughts and comments ??

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it might....

Ok - this wasn't my original team - but inspired by a post in the rookie thread, I made a modified with some of the most likely rookies to play - and then filled in after that.

I then shuffled a few around, as I didn't want Hall, Heeney or Dusty - and ended up with this....

View attachment 1335320

Thoughts and comments ??

Didn’t read it but looks excellent for one of your teams.

View attachment 1335320

Thoughts and comments ??

Outside of Ed Richards (fill me in cos I dunno), that's a great side to run with.

Why do you think he'll average more than his career best average of 53? Role change?

yes - we've never played him behind the ball running forward for more than about 5 minutes at a time....

But I'll be watching closely next week - he's certainly not a lock at this stage...

Just saw the 51avg and 5 games played and thought risky.
I had Dale in my side at $700k for 2 days though, so I do like a left field pick.

yep - was injured a bit last year. Looked very clean in the practice match and again at open training on the weekend.

But - he's a watch. I'm just struggling to find 300 - 400K guys to play 22 games (if fit) who might gain value....

Got a close eye on Answorth - as he's definitely the forgotten man in that Brissie side. Talk he could push up to a wing, which would be handy with him being priced at only 325K
I think Answerth, Coleman and Starc all play round 1. Answerth is the most suited lock down player but did play wing on the weekend so that's one to watch. Coleman has the role- it's weird he hasn't scored well as a pretty free wheeling HBF though. Starcevich has the tools to play as an intercepting, attacking defender or midfielder really. With Answerth back and Birchall retired I think he plays higher up the field instead of locking down. Big watch.
Wilmot played on the weekend too. If he's in for round 1, he should be in everyone's team.

Getting that balance between scoring and cash generation is always key to having a good year. As it currently sits, it seems that a smattering of underpriced mid-pricers will be needed to grease the monetary wheel. Rowell is an obvious one (should see 30+ avg point improvement) so he gets a gig. Draper is another one that I'm looking at. Playing as essentially a solo ruck he should continue his upwards trajectory. Another one firming for a spot is George Hewett who can only benefit with Walsh on the sidelines.

Team after the weekend practice matches:

fantasy-feb27.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That backline structure is utterly bizzare, but... Job security is king this year I think.

Much thinner in the midfield than I'd like, but, I actually kinda don't hate this team...

View attachment 1335515
Wow that team looks almost like my current side as edited 1 million times.

That backline structure is utterly bizzare, but... Job security is king this year I think.

Much thinner in the midfield than I'd like, but, I actually kinda don't hate this team...

View attachment 1335515
Eerily similar to my current team - except I have Danger instead of Macrae, Milera instead of Tucker, McDonald instead of O'Driscoll, Heeney/Weller (can't decide) instead of Brodie, and a different bench. Everything else is the exact same.

Eerily similar to my current team - except I have Danger instead of Macrae, Milera instead of Tucker, McDonald instead of O'Driscoll, Heeney/Weller (can't decide) instead of Brodie, and a different bench. Everything else is the exact same.

The shakiest position is definetly Tucker's. Could easily drop him to Milera (or even lower, if someone puts their hand up) to free up some cash but I'm far less confident on his output.

Don't know anything about Macdonald... Will keep my eye on

Currently running the following;

DEF: Whitfield, Short, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Sinn
MID: Steele, Macrae, Simpkin, Neale, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward, MacDonald
RUCK: Gawn, Grundy
FWD: Dunkley, Treloar, Coniglio, Weller, Brodie, Ralphsmith

Hoping Wilmot plays and will go Short > Wilmot and upgrade HRS > Dusty/Heeney/Butters and any left over cash on Simpkin to premo
Other issues are Weller v Dusty/Butters/Heeney and Brodie who may go instead of HRS R1 selection dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back