Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After recently upgrading Darcy into Gawn; i originally had Butters & Heeney F4-5 with Ralphsmith F6.

I've cut back to Brodie, Curnow & Ralphsmith F4-F6. I'm sure it will keep changing but for now i'll give my reasons.

Brodie - As a gold coast fan i've been a massive fan of him but due to Dew's preferences for inside mids he just couldn't get a game and we sat him forward to develop into a 3rd tall which didn't work out. Lucky for us that gives us DPP and he is cheaper than the last two years i've started with him, of course Fyfe & Mundy are to come back but Brodie should get the chance first month to have a crack and within that month we should either know if he can swim or sink.

Curnow - Massive unders, yes the old rule don't pick key forwards but its a different game now, especially with the $TEXCOIN. Would be a much safer pick if Mckay was playing too, who is their next best key forward?

Ralphsmith - Half back role looks ok, rookie price, rookie scores. Owned him last year, if he's playing i'm happy with that.
McKay will be playing round 1

Hated having both Rachele and HRS so WillPhill's mid time gives me slightly more confidence.

Coleman is the bloke that has been AWOL for the last two months and somehow has snuck in. TBH only thing I know about him is that he's potential HBF for Brizzy.

Weller is in the same merry-go round with Heeney, Butters, etc.

Team.png

You can also maybe tell that I have been making a billion changes to this team with how many are out of order.

Grun dawg still staying R1 no matter what though. Him and Whitfield are the only two that have not moved one bit.

Yeah it’s pretty funny seeing Gawn at R2 in a lot of teams. You can tell everyone is playing around with it

Like most I’ve been forced to somewhat restructure to get Gawn in after how pathetic O’Briens showing was.

Current lineup as we inch closer to the year and I can’t work out of its getting better or worse...

B - Whitfield, Short, Hewett, Sicily, Kemp, Sinn

C - Steele, Macrae, Neale, Serong, Lipinski, Daicos, Ward, McInnes / Stevens

R - Gawn, Grundy

F - Dunkley, Trealor, Cogs, Butters, Brodie, Ralphsmith

Only real concern is my backline has become weaker (really need to get Kemp to Coleman at a minimum) and disappointed to have to downgrade Mitchell to Neale.

Like most I’ve been forced to somewhat restructure to get Gawn in after how pathetic O’Briens showing was.

Current lineup as we inch closer to the year and I can’t work out of its getting better or worse...

R - Gawn, Grundy

Only real concern is my backline has become weaker (really need to get Kemp to Coleman at a minimum) and disappointed to have to downgrade Mitchell to Neale.
Love it. What's the thinking re Lipinski, a potential keeper or a likely stepping stone to an uber premo?

I keep going back and forward between Lipinski and Rowell.

Love it. What's the thinking re Lipinski, a potential keeper or a likely stepping stone to an uber premo?

I keep going back and forward between Lipinski and Rowell.

I really like Lipinski this year and think he can be a keeper and go at 100-105.

Always scored well when he played on ball but just didn’t get that opportunity often at the Dogs and he has had some big scores in the VFL.

Assuming he plays full time midfield as it appears he is, I see no reason why he won’t push 100.

In saying that, I’ve been going back and forth on Rowell too only for the extra 150k it gives me to sure up my backline.

R - Gawn, Grundy

Could you downgrade Macrae to Neale instead, and keep Titch? Not sure I'd be keen to have all of Macrae, Dunkley and Treloar in a COVID season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given all the latest developments, along with all the practice match info and the board whispers, this is the best I can come up with for now - with a Gawndy set and forget ruck set up - pending the Community series (if Hollands plays Ralphsmith goes down to him and then Brodie up to Rowell):

1646189585997.png

Could you downgrade Macrae to Neale instead, and keep Titch? Not sure I'd be keen to have all of Macrae, Dunkley and Treloar in a COVID season.

I love Macrae so there’s no way I can’t start without him.

Super consistent, high ceiling, never injured or suspended.

Also a great VC loop option with a number of thurs/fri games over Mitchell.

lol. you're all a bunch of sheep who copy the traders. Now everyone is getting Gawn and Grundy. Where are all the people that were going O'Brien?
Or just the first week of practice matches has people reconsidering how they want to structure up 🤷🏻‍♂️

lol. you're all a bunch of sheep who copy the traders. Now everyone is getting Gawn and Grundy. Where are all the people that were going O'Brien?
We actually had a whole discussion over why every other ruck is problematic - and listed it long before the traders put out that article this morning.

I know that's tough for someone who's missing a chromosome like you to understand, but people make independent judgements based on their own conclusions, rather than readily accepting it from elsewhere.

Most on here have completely different mindsets to the traders. You think they'd considered Lachie Weller, Dangerfield, Andy Brayshaw etc. before we had?

Last edited by a moderator:
Preuss/Draper here, come at me! ...(but don't come at me with your Fantasy team as I'll lose because I'm rolling Preuss/Draper)

Given all the latest developments, along with all the practice match info and the board whispers, this is the best I can come up with for now - with a Gawndy set and forget ruck set up - pending the Community series (if Hollands plays Ralphsmith goes down to him and then Brodie up to Rowell):

View attachment 1336761
Nice! I’ve got the same structure but with a few different players. Really like Brodie over Rowell in the midfields and will consider it if he’s named round one.

People get their thoughts from a range of sources .....and yes, there's a bit of follow the leader ....however that happens in all walks of life

This board is for Coach's of all levels ...a place for info & tips ..... It's up to each Coach, what they take on board, and what they dismiss ....they're simply opinions & they'll vary

I wouldn't worry about what others are doing with their teams .....we always say, take on board all the facts, information, and make your own decision

However, there's a way to communicate on this board, which is different to Club Boards ......by all means put out a counterargument, have a bit of fun with it ......if the thoughts are contrary to yours, simply dismiss them ...you don't have to get frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back