Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the Joel Hamling selection it's a good side. Can't have Hamling on your field though, so i think you need a last minute reshuffle.

Option I would go with is Neale down to Cripps or Serong and use the cash to upgrade Hamling and your bench.

On the bench, swap Sam Hayes for Jack Hayes and Greg Clark for B. Hough if you can afford it. Then swap Skinner and Kelly between Fwd/Def and swap Skinner out for Baldwin.

If other rookies show there hands you can move the bench around even more but that's a good point to go into the team announcements with.
Thanks for the advice - I have made some changes as you suggested and will look at the downgrade/upgrade once teams are announced - good to know I'm on the right track.
Looks pretty solid. Bench just needs some work once teams come out.
Thanks - definitely very lost on rookies this year but it sounds like it's a difficult thing for everyone.

What do we think guys?

DEF: Crisp, Whitfield, Short, Sicily, Milera, De Koning

MID: Miller, Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward

RUC: Grundy, Gawn

FWD: Dunkley, Butters, Martin, Rachele, McCartin, Ralphsmith

BENCH:

DEF: Skinner, Kelly
MID: Hollands, Odriscol
RUC: S.Hayes
FWD: Xerri, J. Hayes

Utility: E.Smith

What do we think guys?

BENCH:

187k left btw

What do we think guys?

BENCH:

Milera will be lucky to be named, so have a plan for him.
Put some polish on your rooks as the teams are named.
And let them loose I guess.

1647349627235.png

First post for 2022 - have had hardly any time to prepare. Pretty much almost a template team at this stage - have managed to fit in both Steele and Macrae which I'm happy about. I've had to sacrifice a 270K defender (Replaced with 190K) to fit in Thomas in the forward line.. hoping that pays off. Rookies on bench are subject to change.

Only 5K left in the bank - which is slightly concerning.

View attachment 1345069
$726k to spend on a D3.

There isn't really anyone I like between Lloyd (820) and McInerney (580).

So leaning towards McInerney D3 and use the remaining 140k to beef up the bench (or upgrade Short).
Think you’ll need it to beef up your rookies. I’d do that and if it turns out you don’t need to then that’s a win and you can upgrade short to a crisp Lloyd type

View attachment 1345069
$726k to spend on a D3.

There isn't really anyone I like between Lloyd (820) and McInerney (580).

So leaning towards McInerney D3 and use the remaining 140k to beef up the bench (or upgrade Short).
I agree, i'd grab McInerney and use the 140k on upgrading Witts or Neale if possible. Don't think you need to upgrade Short as he is a Top 6 Defender this season, whereas I don't think Neale is a Top 8 guy, despite his slight value, and Witts - i think everyone knows the concern here. Or, as you say, splash it on the bench.

View attachment 1345075

First post for 2022 - have had hardly any time to prepare. Pretty much almost a template team at this stage - have managed to fit in both Steele and Macrae which I'm happy about. I've had to sacrifice a 270K defender (Replaced with 190K) to fit in Thomas in the forward line.. hoping that pays off. Rookies on bench are subject to change.

Only 5K left in the bank - which is slightly concerning.
That's a quality looking team. Rate it.

I agree, i'd grab McInerney and use the 140k on upgrading Witts or Neale if possible. Don't think you need to upgrade Short as he is a Top 6 Defender this season, whereas I don't think Neale is a Top 8 guy, despite his slight value, and Witts - i think everyone knows the concern here. Or, as you say, splash it on the bench.
Oliver to Cripps
Witts to Gawn

Is a move I am considering. Comfortable with Neale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sending it with the 3 big dogs in the mids.
Stretches my midfield depth so hopefully a fairly solid M8 pokes his head up in rd 1.
Bench options are purely place holders off very limited research and will be shuffled come team drops.

View attachment 1344561
Be careful of Sinn and Hollands

1647358346534.png
Am thinking that I will have to upgrade the bench a bit. Either drop Ralphsmith to Baldwin to get Hough in; or run Rachele and Ralpshmith at F5-F6 and have Baldin at F8; or downgrade Neale to Cripps/MCrouch and use that cash to upgrade. Or do I not need to upgrade??

How long between weekend teams and first bounce tonight please

MI think they come out an hour before Richmond v Carlton tomorrow. Sunday would be squads of 26 only

The golden hour of fantasy selection between the first lockout and teams release is also the most dangerous hour. Most years some random ends up on the field who has never entered consideration for no apparent reason.

Last year it was JDG 5 minutes before the first game and h screwed me early.

Have to blockout that outside noise!

F1E827A3-5BCE-40EC-BA3D-F084CF2286D0.gif

I think my wife has a better team than me. I helped with structure and she picked players

ron swanson computer GIF

1647386057457.png

This is where my team is sitting ($43k remaining). I'm super prone to making some last minute changes that I regret and I'm doing it again - I've just changed Oliver to Brayshaw, and used some spare cash I had to upgrade Serong to Josh Kelly. I have a bit of money on the bench at the moment, but hopefully a few more cheap rookies present themselves. Are there any obvious improvements I could make here?

This season will be a disaster for me as I'll be on a boat with very limited internet access from Friday afternoon until Sunday. Very unfortunate timing for a mandatory-that-I-attend party.

View attachment 1345195

This is where my team is sitting ($43k remaining). I'm super prone to making some last minute changes that I regret and I'm doing it again - I've just changed Oliver to Brayshaw, and used some spare cash I had to upgrade Serong to Josh Kelly. I have a bit of money on the bench at the moment, but hopefully a few more cheap rookies present themselves. Are there any obvious improvements I could make here?

This season will be a disaster for me as I'll be on a boat with very limited internet access from Friday afternoon until Sunday. Very unfortunate timing for a mandatory-that-I-attend party.
tigs2010 has kindly volunteered to go instead of you. His team will be better if he leaves it blank anyway

Also - nice team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back