Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Dawson looks likely, I can finally get Sic back out again. After umming and ahhing, going Cripps over Mrouch because the upside is there a bit more. Brodie out down to a 190K bench, then switching Ralphsmith on field, allows me to get Dawson instead of Sic.

Pending bench, this is my likely R1 on field team (Grundy will go to Marshall if either Xerri or Ralphsmith don't play, allowing me to go Xerri/Ralphsmith to Brodie - or have extra cash for my bench if needed instead):

1647317074191-png.1344662

Just an FYI, SDK on field could be fraught with Danger, as Henry is looking likely for Round 1 - and Stewart, Henry and Zuthrie will get most of the ball down there. Bench option is the best way to go at the moment, IMO.

Other than that, really good looking side!
Yeh i have had him there all pre-season but needed the coin for something else so went McCartin down to him - will have to see!

Thinking about starting with something a bit different than the normal. Thoughts, criticisms, general lols appreciated.

View attachment 1344681
I don't mind it.Very different to a lot of other sides. I'd probably dump 1 premo forward, shift Rachele or HRS forward and get someone like Cripps.

Thinking about starting with something a bit different than the normal. Thoughts, criticisms, general lols appreciated.

View attachment 1344681

I've got an alternate side that is like that - just not quite as extreme.

But there is a big drop of between Macrae at M3 and Rowell at M4.....

I don't know if I could actually run with it though...

I've got an alternate side that is like that - just not quite as extreme.

But there is a big drop of between Macrae at M3 and Rowell at M4.....

I don't know if I could actually run with it though...

My thinking is that most of the uber premo mids will drop in price over the first 4-6 rounds. Steele, Miller, Lyon, Wines etc will be cheaper in a month than they are today, which will make them easier to get in. Duncan and Taranto are the only two premos id want to get into my forward line, but at least Duncan will have a slow start to the season which will affect his price and make him easier to bring in later.

I start with 5 keepers in the backline and 3-4 in the forward line and completed rucks. Starting like this means hopefully avoiding a lot of the volatility that the forwards and backs will have when it comes to rookies/mid pricers, and i can focus on upgrading the mids, which normally has a lot more certainty around it as we get further into the season. Although obviously, injuries could/will change all that.

Bush league stuff this year. How hard is it to have a pic for every player by now. Not to mention some are blown up the size of Texas while others are tiny.
To be fair think some clubs have only just had photo days very recently, however they need to fix the mega head stuff or I’m going to need to incorporate a no ugly campaigners policy because looking some of these lids for 20 weeks will get rough

I’m big on fading Sic, but I’m not sure I like the idea of starting Dawson sight unseen and probably underdone?

I reckon he's fine, as there's been nothing said to the contrary. Will have to see once teams come out, but, he's a better option than Ridley, Ryan, Daniel etc. and a 100k cheaper than Crisp.

Jiath, Scrimshaw and Hardwick all taking points from Sic, makes him close to untenable in my eyes IMO - so have to go up or down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair think some clubs have only just had photo days very recently, however they need to fix the mega head stuff or I’m going to need to incorporate a no ugly campaigners policy because looking some of these lids for 20 weeks will get rough
Lucky Hewett had a photo update with a haircut. That was getting dicey

My thinking is that most of the uber premo mids will drop in price over the first 4-6 rounds. Steele, Miller, Lyon, Wines etc will be cheaper in a month than they are today, which will make them easier to get in. Duncan and Taranto are the only two premos id want to get into my forward line, but at least Duncan will have a slow start to the season which will affect his price and make him easier to bring in later.

I start with 5 keepers in the backline and 3-4 in the forward line and completed rucks. Starting like this means hopefully avoiding a lot of the volatility that the forwards and backs will have when it comes to rookies/mid pricers, and i can focus on upgrading the mids, which normally has a lot more certainty around it as we get further into the season. Although obviously, injuries could/will change all that.

Just as a test, I swapped J Kelly for Crisp - this let's me eliminate the likes of McCartin at D6 (as everyone moves one spot down) and I've switched Rachele into the mids, Xerri comes in as a F5/6 - who will probably outscore the equivalently priced defenders.

I've still got the three big guns in midfield (Steele, Touk and Macrae), so I don't quite have the depth of 600K players in defence and forward that you do.

Sending it with the 3 big dogs in the mids.
Stretches my midfield depth so hopefully a fairly solid M8 pokes his head up in rd 1.
Bench options are purely place holders off very limited research and will be shuffled come team drops.

View attachment 1344561
How much cash left? You'll need to upgrade a decent chunk of those $190k rookies.

View attachment 1344681
Midfield is where a bulk of scoring comes from, you will struggle to score enough points to keep up with the competition if you go in with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back