Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Still doesn’t sink in on how far we went. An unexpected grand final appearance such a embarrassment to dish up that. Can’t take anything for granted, still bloody proud on the year we’ve had.

Oh well time to prove the critics wrong by hopefully bouncing back next year.

Well done to geelong, cracking side happy for their club with a deserving flag.

What irks me is we never lost by this margin even as a bottom 4 team, how come we wait until grand final to completely **** the bed?
I don't think we share t bed, I think the gap between Geelong and the rest of the competition is bigger than between the premier and the next best in basically any year you can think of. I think we could have been a lot better, just couldn't give someone clean possession all game basically with a bunch of fumbling, but it was more a case of Geelong being great than us being bad imo.

I was desperate for Sam Reid to play and give what he has the last few Months. Footy is cruel has been the catalyst to failure today.

Once they gave the ok then I was satisfied by that but today clearly shows he wasn’t tested. I was all for his inclusion provided he was fully tested to be able to contribute.

Happy for Mclean he can’t really be judged for anything today but in hindsight no real need to pull the rug out from Logan MCDonald. Hindsight is 20/20 of course.

I was so numb I didn’t get past two bourbons just sat there nursing them as there was nothing to enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are only two teams out of 18 that make a grand final each year. On average that means one appearance per team every nine years. You've been there seven times since 1990, so well ahead of average. You've got a younger team with an open window. You've got a really good team and good leadership. Get around them. They'll be hurting just like you. Use this as ammunition and motivation for next year. You'll be back.

I don't think we share t bed, I think the gap between Geelong and the rest of the competition is bigger than between the premier and the next best in basically any year you can think of. I think we could have been a lot better, just couldn't give someone clean possession all game basically with a bunch of fumbling, but it was more a case of Geelong being great than us being bad imo.
Yes and no.
We beat them comprehensively earlier in the year and Collingwood almost beat them a few weeks ago. They may have been the better team. They may have won no matter what. But that is no excuse to turn up as flat as we did.

So torn !! If u had told me at the start of the year we would have made the Grand Final I would have taken it so it’s been a great season - to have lost the way we did is so disappointing - boys against men today and our men did not get it done and our boys tried hard and will hopefully be be better for the pain of getting smashed like that - time for a couple of great servants of the club to move on - Lloyd and Reid for sure - Rampe is a better speaker than player now - he’s been a fantastic warrior but time has caught up - need more than effort in big games !!

I don’t blame the team for making the grand final, not at all. After all you have to be in it to win it. But deep down inside something was wrong on Thursday night, saw it from far away.

The Cats pretty much outclassed almost every single team this year, especially the second half. We ran into a gauntlet. No doubt about that. But carrying another injured player still stings.

At the moment I have mixed feelings about Buddy playing on.

On the one hand, I am glad that is not his final game - what a horrible way to go out.

On the other hand, he has been slowing up, and when you compare him to Hawkins (who mustn’t be too far behind in age?) at the start of the game they were miles apart.

I hope we keep Buddy fresh and have the guts to select the players best in form.

To avoid any doubt, this post is not suggesting that Buddy lost us the game (that was a close to whole of team effort) or shouldn’t have been selected today. I’m just worried about the future.

Well done to the cats, best team all year for a reason. We got outdone by the occasion from the get go. Can tell we were outclassed. Geelong deserved this and we need to accept it for what it is. This team has everything it needs to compete for the next few years, and a grand for nal.appearnce is the best we could wish for because it sets us on good stead for years to come, the boys know what to expect. It's swans time. I have full confidence in this squad.

Love you all and it's been a pleasure talking swans with you all year. See you next year♥️

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back