Unofficial Preview Swans Vs Cats 2022 GRAND FINAL. MCG. Last Sat in September @14:30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey are you going to the granny, keen to get a few of the lads together on Saturday mid morning for a beer before the game! And if we win 1 million after.
I have neither the funds or the time or the geographical ability to go to the grand final unfortunately. But lucky you!

Our players 25 years or under (as at 1/1/2022) who played yesterday.

Errol Gulden​
18/07/2002​
19​
Logan McDonald​
4/04/2002​
20​
Braeden Campbell​
4/02/2002​
20​
Chad Warner​
19/05/2001​
21​
Dylan Stephens​
8/01/2001​
21​
James Rowbottom​
19/09/2000​
21​
Justin Mcinerney​
18/08/2000​
21​
Tom McCartin​
28/02/2000​
22​
Nick Blakey​
27/02/2000​
22​
Will Hayward​
26/10/1998​
23​
Oliver Florent​
22/07/1998​
23​
Ryan Clarke​
17/06/1997​
25​
Callum Mills​
2/04/1997​
25​
Tom Papley​
13/07/1996​
25​

Have we all forgotten about Callum Sinclair, although he has Retired, not effective immediately. He can come in for Sam?

Have heard a lot of Geelong supporters use our game against Collingwood as a reference to why they will smash us. I didn't realise Geelong had such a powerful win themselves over Collingwood a couple of weeks ago.
Going to be a great game that could go either way I recon.
On the main boards prediction thread the general consensus is that we'll get easily beaten by 6-15 goals. 🤔 This is such an odd conclusion given:
1) our last result against Geelong
2) we match up well on them
3) choker Rohan
4) we play the MCG well
5) Geelong weren't exactly dominating Geelong in the elimination final either.
6) they also have a key injury

Conditions are perfect for us. 👍🏻

On the main boards prediction thread the general consensus is that we'll get easily beaten by 6-15 goals. This is such an odd conclusion given:
1) our last result against Geelong
2) we match up well on them
3) choker Rohan
4) we play the MCG well
5) Geelong weren't exactly dominating Geelong in the elimination final either.
6) they also have a key injury

Conditions are perfect for us.

Yes I’d be bitterly disappointed if we lose by more than 3 goals. No excuses, with or without Reid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible that two of the VFL's foundation clubs have never met in a grand final in over 100 years of the competition.

Incredible that two of the VFL's foundation clubs have never met in a grand final in over 100 years of the competition.
Also crazy to think that Geelong and Sydney have been two of the most successful sides from the mid 00s (others being Hawks and Tigers) and only now meeting in a GF. Would have thought it would have happened during 2012-2017

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Reid gets up anyway

Have no idea about abductors
Apparently the power muscle in the leg. So would struggle to kick, sprint and jump

Heard anything from if it is a strain, sore for 3-4 days but fine, misses a week to a tear being like 4 months

Watching the last quarter again, it doesn’t seem as bad. We had probably 2-3 chances to seal it and on another day we take those chances. Not to mention the absolute freakish circumstances that left Sidebottom alone with time to snap that goal. We were 3 1/2 goals up with 5 minutes left and that’s a more accurate reflection than the 1 point margin at the end.

You can’t ask for a better lesson than that last quarter. We have no excuses against the Cats now and I am backing us in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i posted last night ... had heeney converted on three-quarter time we'd have been 28 up and i reckon would just about have been the last kick in the guts for c'wood
and as the last quarter went, i think we were just hanging to get that next goal ...
it was a manic, desperate last five minutes and the vic media will have a ifferent take, but really that was the only five minutes they were in the game, and that came from a set of circumstances that were all sliding doors moments
they should never have got that close
we will learn so much, and i'm absolutely convinced we can and will win next week ...
apart from their c'wood win, geelong have not had many really tough physical tests for a while, whereas we've been hardened by two tough finals wins against quality opposition

Papley should have taken that shot just before half time, weird or concerning we were on 73 points at the main break but didn't crack 100. anyway what do I know hope we smash the cats, I'll feel bad for Gary Rohan if we do

Unfortunately won't be able to attend the Friday afternoon events as I have decided not to take annual leave from work (Yes, I am a Sydneysider). See you on Saturday though if I get tickets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back