Live Event 2022 Leon Davis Medal - CONGRATULATIONS Gary Rohan lifetime finals potato status achieved

Leon Davis Medal 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because of the very real chance - if people keep voting Buddy - that Rohan could end his career without even a single Leon medal despite his GF career being objectively worse in every respect than Leon himself, feels like a massive insult to the spirit of the award.

I can understand not wanting to erase the OG's name. But I think renaming it the Leon-Rohan Medal is an entirely sensible compromise that respects Gary's unparalleled contribution to awfulness.

Pisstake history should be respected just like real history.
That’s why Gary Rohan has a lifetime achievement award in Mofra’s bottom 50 - because he’s shit in general. He’s just been unlucky enough to be pipped at the post for the Leon several times. Looks like he’ll finally get his real reward for being shit in a Grand Final this year.

He’s always “Leon Davis Medal” shit, but he’ll never be “dropped after a drawn Grand Final and receive a premiership medal when his team wins the replay like as if it’s a participation award” type shit.

That’s why Gary Rohan has a lifetime achievement award in Mofra’s bottom 50 - because he’s s**t in general. He’s just been unlucky enough to be pipped at the post for the Leon several times. Looks like he’ll finally get his real reward for being s**t in a Grand Final this year.

He’s always “Leon Davis Medal” s**t, but he’ll never be “dropped after a drawn Grand Final and receive a premiership medal when his team wins the replay like as if it’s a participation award” type s**t.

Surely the award wasn't just named because of the 2010 thing but because of Leon's then unrivalled contribution to GF sh*tness inclusive of 2002/2003 too. But now it is not only been matched but far surpassed.

The fact is Gary Rohan is a better Leon Davis than Leon Davis ever was, and this should be honoured and respected. It would be a crime to deny it.

I will die on this hill to defend Gary.

#leonisnotmyleon

Surely the award wasn't just named because of the 2010 thing but because of Leon's then unrivalled contribution to GF sh*tness inclusive of 2002/2003 too. But now it is not only been matched but far surpassed.

The fact is Gary Rohan is a better Leon Davis than Leon Davis ever was, and this should be honoured and respected. It would be a crime to deny it.

I will die on this hill to defend Gary.

#leonisnotmyleon
I will say this too - it’s actually pretty funny reading the melts from Collingwood supporters every year over this subject too tbh. I mean you don’t see Richmond flogs whinging that the Norm Smith isn’t also named in Dustin Martin’s honour now do you? 😂

I will say this too - it’s actually pretty funny reading the melts from Collingwood supporters every year over this subject too tbh. I mean you don’t see Richmond flogs whinging that the Norm Smith isn’t also named in Dustin Martin’s honour now do you? 😂

I can never know if this is purely a Collingwood-related bias melt but I'd like to think this is an objective silly, fake, mock commitment to the integrity of silly, fake, mock awards.

This Rohan hate is getting out of hand....yes he had a stinker but Franklin's was worse.

This is a guy that kicked 1000 goals total during the season and was not goalless in any of the games during the fixture.

The cheers he received from the crowd near the end of the game cemented it.

This Rohan hate is getting out of hand....yes he had a stinker but Franklin's was worse.

This is a guy that kicked 1000 goals total during the season and was not goalless in any of the games during the fixture.

The cheers he received from the crowd near the end of the game cemented it.

Scorsese didn't deserve an Oscar for cut and pasting and just adding some sh*tty Boston accents over some Chinese blokes' film either. But he was owed one.

Buddy turned in a Leon-worthy performance, but this wasn't his fourth consecutive Leon-worthy performance. The weight of history demands that Gary be recognized.

Well the Leon can hardly be named after a Brisvegas player now can it, because they can't get past the preliminary final weekend.

Well the Leon can hardly be named after a Brisvegas player now can it, because they can't get past the preliminary final weekend.
Lol. The moment we do, it’s Joey’s to lose regardless of the result. And Alastair Lynch would’ve got it for 2004.

The Leon is genuinely Buddy’s. Kicked his 1000th goal against Geelong earlier this year but on Saturday he just CBF.
Rohan was a complete passenger, no excuses, but did anyone expect anything more except maybe Chris Scott..?
The difference is, Jack Henry is getting a lot of accolades for keeping Bud goalless.

Does anyone even know who was "on" Rohan?

Rohan had zero impact but Bud was beaten by a solid defender. I know which of those two is more justification for a Leon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is, Jack Henry is getting a lot of accolades for keeping Bud goalless.

Rohan had zero impact but Bud was beaten by a solid defender. I know which of those two is more justification for a Leon.
Fletcher Roberts played on Kurt Tippett in the 2016 GF and kept him goalless while Kurt won the Leon Davis Medal.

Two years later Fletcher Roberts was delisted. He did nominate for the draft but didn't get picked up by anyone else either.

One is the worst forward of his generation (according to BigFooty) and his teams 6th forward. The other is the greatest forward of his generation (and one of the greatest of all-time) and his teams number 1 forward. Only one of them was able to drag his team over the line for his 4th grand final loss, and that was the 9 year itch, Buddy Franklin.

Why we keep having this discussion every year is beyond me. This award was named in Leon’s “honour” after he was dropped for the 2010 replay, then received a premiership medal for the replay in which he didn’t play in. That situation will never happen again.

Plus Leon was the original GF struggler. The medal was appropriately named before Rohan even appeared on GF day.

Pretty sure due to Rohan's finals struggles someone here named the worst finals player after him.

This. The name is settled, it ain't changing.

Buddy and Gary played basically the same shitty game, 0.1 and 1 tackle, except Rohan was in a forward line that received 65 inside 50s, as opposed to Sydney’s 32. He had double the opportunity, so his turn out was twice as bad.

FdeeKgIagAI_Hmn
I appreciate bay13 is the wrong place to ask this, but how is 'negative' impact calculated, why is buddy's so significant?

Is it just faced on clangers, for example?

Buddy and Gary played basically the same shitty game, 0.1 and 1 tackle, except Rohan was in a forward line that received 65 inside 50s, as opposed to Sydney’s 32. He had double the opportunity, so his turn out was twice as bad.

That's only if you believe they're equal as players. Which I guess you can make a case for with Buddy's finals record.

Look a Swan has to win it let's be honest.

But I am not 100% sure Geelong really want to count the homewrecking philandering gob a fail that is one G Rohan as one of their own so whilst I gave a vote to Isacc Heeney with a solid resume - AA team, the marketing face of Sydney, home grown Sydney product no less, and probably the highest paid player at Sydney (Buddy don't count with backended contract shenanigans) - I had to include G Rohan as an honorary Sydney player,on the day, for services rendered in the past and basically being the shittest player in a pile of shit except for all the other Geelong players on the field.

He may as well have played for us. Sure looked like it on the day.

How can one fail so hard in a team that so dominant?

That is worthy of the award for sure.

Gary Rohan turning up to assume his forward pocket position at the first center bounce on grand final day:

Dis Gon B Good GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2022 Leon Davis Medal - CONGRATULATIONS Gary Rohan lifetime finals potato status achieved

Back