List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of getting Jackson makes us all get very excited.
BUT with West Coast having say a top three pick to offer Melbourne, I am not very optimistic that we can pull it off.

On SM-G975U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Their list management will be interesting. If I was them I would hit a midfielder first and find a ruck with one of their second rounders. 0r perhaps trade up if Broadbent was still in the picture. I wouldn't go hard at Jackson because they need too much refreshing, not a singular individual.

Yes.

If he is taken in the msd does that mean he is upgradeable at the end of year?

Yes. But there’s no real difference between the rookie list and senior list now so I doubt they’ll bother.

The one thing about the rookie list is you can only spend three years on it or you have to be delisted or upgraded.

In 2023 Treacy, Schultz and Banfield will be in their third year on the rookie list. Now Banfield, if we even want to keep him, could probably be delisted and re-rookied but the other two not a chance. If we were going to upgrade a rookie it’d be Treacy or Schultz as it’d make list management in 2023 a little easier.

Yes. But there’s no real difference between the rookie list and senior list now so I doubt they’ll bother.

The one thing about the rookie list is you can only spend three years on it or you have to be delisted or upgraded.

In 2023 Treacy, Schultz and Banfield will be in their third year on the rookie list. Now Banfield, if we even want to keep him, could probably be delisted and re-rookied but the other two not a chance. If we were going to upgrade a rookie it’d be Treacy or Schultz as it’d make list management in 2023 a little easier.

And Lachie will be a free agent at the time as well as a top forward in the league. He will get an offer. We should look to extend him as soon as possible.

And Lachie will be a free agent at the time as well as a top forward in the league. He will get an offer. We should look to extend him as soon as possible.

His contract already contains a clause involving us upgrading him to the senior list for 2024.

I just feel upgrading two rookies to the senior list in the same year at a time where we’re likely to have a list we don’t want to make many changes to isn’t ideal.

I’d upgrade Treacy this year, knowing the club already has a commitment to upgrade Schultz the year after. Then, if they stay on our list long enough, we can worry about Worner and our MSD recruit when their time comes at the end of 2024.

Hawthorn already came hard for him this off season. Wish we chose someone else to delist/re-rookie bc he's up there with our most important players these days and then risk to lose him for nothing is scary.

Not meaning to be dumb, but does that mean technically, MSD draftees are on the rookie list, but only for the remainder of the season? Our vacancy is from Valente retiring from the main list.

Not meaning to be dumb, but does that mean technically, MSD draftees are on the rookie list, but only for the remainder of the season? Our vacancy is from Valente retiring from the main list.

The MSD would still be on the rookie list.

We’d technically have seven rookies for the remainder of the season and would need to revert back to six or less rookies before the National Draft.

I don’t expect that to be a problem, as I expect Blakely and Crowden to be delisted. That would leave us with five.

His contract already contains a clause involving us upgrading him to the senior list for 2024.

I just feel upgrading two rookies to the senior list in the same year at a time where we’re likely to have a list we don’t want to make many changes to isn’t ideal.

I’d upgrade Treacy this year, knowing the club already has a commitment to upgrade Schultz the year after. Then, if they stay on our list long enough, we can worry about Worner and our MSD recruit when their time comes at the end of 2024.

I agree with the principle of not upgrading too many at once, but we currently have 14 primary listed players who are out of contract at the end of 2023.

The names in that list don't exactly scream delist material to me, rightfully so; Serong, Schultz, Fyfe, Walters, Ryan, Tucker, Hamling, Meek, Henry, Amiss, Young, Frederick, Treacy, Lobb, Benning, Switkowski.

... perhaps with four of them moving on this year

Smythe has just dropped his first Mock Draft, containing 5 KPFs in the first round. Be really interesting to see Treacy and Amiss develop this season, as well as Sturt. Especially with the Lobb speculation and Taberner's persistent injuries.

yeah you have advocated it before. The site won't let me quote it for some reason, but here's your actual suggestions;

"Trade Darcy and Cerra

Bring in Clarke , Narkle and Chol/CCJ

Take the WA KPF’s and a tidy looking Fwd Mid

Ruck Meek

Shoot Lobb into the sun"
Who said that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way that bringing in Angus Brayshaw and Luke Jackson gets anymore of a kick in the berries to Melbourne is if we have just beaten them in a grand final - because we are taking two of their best and most influential players.

Whether we can retain Aish, Acres etc is a different story.

Beat the Dees in a grand final, ........ Mundy goes out to the retirement paddock, in glory. In comes Jackson ?.

If you stop dreaming, you’re dead.

yeah you have advocated it before. The site won't let me quote it for some reason, but here's your actual suggestions;

"Trade Darcy and Cerra

Bring in Clarke , Narkle and Chol/CCJ

Take the WA KPF’s and a tidy looking Fwd Mid

Ruck Meek

Shoot Lobb into the sun"

Probably can’t quote me because I’ve had you on ignore for 2 yrs cause you’re a weird campaigner who would waste 20 minutes going through someone else’s posting to find a post but anyway since you seem to be making some point I’ll play

You get
Darcy and Lobb for the rest of their career

I get
Meek , Chol and because I’m a decent fellow I’ll let you pick a fair 1st rounder fwd / mid type for Darcy going and a fair player from the latish 2nd round for Lobb

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Probably can’t quote me because I’ve had you on ignore for 2 yrs cause you’re a weird campaigner who would waste 20 minutes going through someone else’s posting to find a post but anyway since you seem to be making some point I’ll play

You get
Darcy and Lobb for the rest of their career

I get
Meek , Chol and because I’m a decent fellow I’ll let you pick a fair 1st rounder fwd / mid type for Darcy going and a fair player from the latish 2nd round for Lobb

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
tonygeeks:

ironic GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back