List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let's go right off the deep end...

...to follow on from that Neale trade for their pick #2, they could then trade their two Brisbane first round picks to GWS for Coniglio and GWS' pick #4

Sending their pick #20 to the Dogs for English

Trade pick #4 to Freo for our pick #15 and Logue

We trade pick #4 and Lobb to Melbourne for Jackson

Eagles walk out of the off season with Neale and Coniglio to bolster their midfield, English to lead their rucks, Logue to sure up defense and pick #23 at the draft to start.

That side should win eight to ten games a year.

But clearly Logue, Lobb and our first round pick would be a high price for us to pay to leave us exposed in defense.
63D6BD95-4ABC-4D07-BA78-C67D3667DD79.gif

Well let's go right off the deep end...

...to follow on from that Neale trade for their pick #2, they could then trade their two Brisbane first round picks to GWS for Coniglio and GWS' pick #4

Sending their pick #20 to the Dogs for English

Trade pick #4 to Freo for our pick #15 and Logue

We trade pick #4 and Lobb to Melbourne for Jackson

Eagles walk out of the off season with Neale and Coniglio to bolster their midfield, English to lead their rucks, Logue to sure up defense and pick #23 at the draft to start.

That side should win eight to ten games a year.

But clearly Logue, Lobb and our first round pick would be a high price for us to pay to leave us exposed in defense.
Remind me again why GWS are trading 4 and cogs for 2 picks in the teens?
They aren’t Gold Coast

KPF from the SANFL

Tom Scully
17 Yrs 202 cms
26 goals from 5 games

wakojako

I don’t think we should trade Meek at all!
But I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted out so he could get more opportunities, and couldn’t blame him for that.
Also suspect Geelong would be one of the teams that came knocking. So hopefully he has a cracker so we can bend them over for a trade.

Could be a wild trade period if he and Lobb both decide they won’t out.
Would have to scramble to get a decent back up ruck in

wakojako

But I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted out so he could get more opportunities, and couldn’t blame him for that.
Also suspect Geelong would be one of the teams that came knocking. So hopefully he has a cracker so we can bend them over for a trade.

They are both contracted for next year, so it’s up to their managers to present a deal we are willing to accept, unless a replacement is part of either deal, we just say sorry you are staying, the conversation with Meek is pretty easy if Lobb does leave “the forward/ruck role is yours if you are good enough” then he spends all the preseason working on his forward craft.

They are both contracted for next year, so it’s up to their managers to present a deal we are willing to accept, unless a replacement is part of either deal, we just say sorry you are staying, the conversation with Meek is pretty easy if Lobb does leave “the forward/ruck role is yours if you are good enough” then he spends all the preseason working on his forward craft.
Will be a few clubs looking for rucks.
Bulldogs if they lose English, Saints, Ryder.
WC even have a penchant for players associated with Freo.

wakojako

Maybe. He did sign his current contract fully aware that he wasn't best 22 though.

Everyone seems to overrate Meek. I like the guy, he’s perfectly positioned on our list, back up to Darcy (who’s injury prone), but he isn’t a budding superstar.

He’s presented with some very mature tweeners (half key position half ruckman) in Stanley, Blicavs and Hawkins.

He’ll find the going very tough. I hope he destroys them, because that will help us stay in this game, but it would be a big surprise.

Everyone seems to overrate Meek. I like the guy, he’s perfectly positioned on our list, back up to Darcy (who’s injury prone), but he isn’t a budding superstar.

He’s presented with some very mature tweeners (half key position half ruckman) in Stanley, Blicavs and Hawkins.

He’ll find the going very tough. I hope he destroys them, because that will help us stay in this game, but it would be a big surprise.
Lose both Meek and Lobb and you can forget about top 4.
That’s the end of a premiership chase.
WC history suggests without some sort of final at home, WA teams need that position to challenge.

Lose both Meek and Lobb and you can forget about top 4.
That’s the end of a premiership chase.
WC history suggests without some sort of final at home, WA teams need that position to challenge.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to keep him. Other posters are representing like it’s a fait accompli other teams will chase him for the lead ruck position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll have a much better picture after this weekend. IMO if bulldogs lose English to WC they’d be mad not to make a play for Meek.

Meek isn’t the only developing ruckman in the league. What about Hayes at Port who was stuck behind Lycett until the latter got injured. Tom De Koning stuck behind Pittonet until the latter got injured. There are more I suspect, I just don’t know the back up rucks around the league that well.

Don’t get me wrong, I want to keep him. Other posters are representing like it’s a fait accompli other teams will chase him for the lead ruck position.
I agree with you. The other thing is I don't see a great deal of upside to come with him, just incremental improvement.

To put it another way, if we lost Darcy I would see Meek as a stop gap until we have found or developed someone better.

In a Banfield kind of way.
fail johnny knoxville GIF by Action Point

Have to keep Meek. I would not sell him for a magic pair of beans (3rd round). He's been with us for a little while now and is getting some action.

I think he's a goer and I love those sorts of players
I agree, having these “older” depth players is going to make the young talent earn it. Sure, they aren’t all expected to be best 22 but when there is an injury they can slot straight in and compete.

Some might surprise and lift like Acres / Colyer when the overall quality goes up in the team. I’m hoping the knock on effect might end up going through even Banners, Tucker and Hughes.

So scum up the road are going hard for English or Jackson. Nice Nat is 32...
My question is- what the actual **** have the Muppets been doing Re there next ruck? Did it just dawn in them to start looking now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back