List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do end up trading with Melbourne I think they would prefer Meek to Lobb, I don't think they have any rucks after Gawn and Jackson and Lobb is too old to be in a succession plan.

I don't think Jackson comes but if he does come then Lobb is 100% gone, he is already a chance to go but he definitely leaves is Jackson comes

Frees up his position, frees up cap space and adds a pick to our trade capital, its a no brainer
Well Lobb would theoretically get to remain 100% a key forward if we land Jacko which is what he wants? I really don't want to lose Lobb, our next two KPFs in Amiss and Treacy are still years away from replicating his scoreboard impact.

We will have done well to get one of Jackson or Gus, I really dont see how it's possible to get both. Aside from the fact that getting two top 15 players from a premiership side has never been done before there is the fact that;
1) Getting one gives Melbourne money to pay the other enough to probably make them stay
2) There is no way we have the trade capital to trade for both. Melbourne would force a trade for Gus as an RFA, if anything, just to fu** over a team stealing two of their best players while both teams are in a trade window. Getting Gus as a RFA is already dependent on Melbourne thinking a pick from 17-20 is close enough to also save on the capspace and show Gus goodwill, I'd imagine they'd match immediately if we look like getting both.

The Free Agency window closes very early in the trade period and Jackson going on holiday for that period of time allows both to occur.

Brayshaw is done for cash. Melbourne let him go. They have the money now to offer Jackson a bigger contract, but the reality of that decision is that they knew Brayshaw was going and have already allocated his cash by that time.

We need Brayshaw to be done first then,
Trade future second for Cam Zurhaar
Trade a contacted Lobb for everything we can get and hopefully it's Melbourne that want him - if so, skip to step three
Trade for Jackson with whatever we have available. We won't have a future first available without getting a future second back as part of the deal.

Ends up with 2022 First, 2023 First for Jackson and Melbourne's future second. (if we can retain anything from a Lobb trade I'll be happy)

The Free Agency window closes very early in the trade period and Jackson going on holiday for that period of time allows both to occur.

Brayshaw is done for cash. Melbourne let him go. They have the money now to offer Jackson a bigger contract, but the reality of that decision is that they knew Brayshaw was going and have already allocated his cash by that time.

We need Brayshaw to be done first then,
Trade future second for Cam Zurhaar
Trade a contacted Lobb for everything we can get and hopefully it's Melbourne that want him - if so, skip to step three
Trade for Jackson with whatever we have available. We won't have a future first available without getting a future second back as part of the deal.

Ends up with 2022 First, 2023 First for Jackson and Melbourne's future second. (if we can retain anything from a Lobb trade I'll be happy)
I’d love for you to be given one trade period in charge, the shenanigans would be hilarious

I’d love for you to be given one trade period in charge, the shenanigans would be hilarious
I don't want to be in charge. I want to be sitting at the back of the room with a smug smile on my face when Walls gets called a sneaky C word.

I think this is reflective of the change in performance. Draft picks are meh for the next two years, we have talent. Now the challenge is keeping the talent
I still rate a mid teens pick but definitely value keeping our talent over picking up new talent to develop, bringing in ready made talent is good as long as it doesn't ruin our ability to keep our talent.

When you look at most of our best players there is a common thread, we drafted them via the National Draft. It's working don't get sucked into the poaching established players at other clubs, it's a financial drain and it hasn't worked in the past. Keep doing what we have been doing because it's working.

This is a ridiculous article. WCE f****d up with the Tim Kelly deal. Set the club back 3 years. They will not throw the kitchen sink at Jackson for a rebuild. There’s going to be a lot more noise after the bye on Jackson’s contract. From what I’m hearing he’s made his mind up with Melbourne and heading home. Has knocked back two contracts so far. The two year extension everyone expected him to sign (myself included) and rejected was the biggest hint yet he wanted to return to WA.
WC won't give up pick one or two for Jackson, not that Jackson would want to come to a club at the start of a rebuild.
We are running so deep at them moment that we can afford a couple of drafts to have minimal picks.
If Lobb goes we would be right into Jackson, it will cost us our 1st this year and 1st next year, we will probably get a second back (maybe).

These are the players who were added to our list either by directly trading for them or as part of a trade for the pick they were taken with:
Sam Sturt, Griffin Logue, Caleb Serong, Sean Darcy, Jordan Clark, Andrew Brayshaw, Blake Acres, Aish, Ryan, Wilson, Brodie, Tucker, Hamling, Henry, Amiss, Chapman, O'Driscoll, Colyer, Cox, Lobb, Johnson

Trading is part of list management.

Some of those above might have been taken with our actual pick and others I've assumed were might not have been, but you get the picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Jackson for Lobb plus picks makes sense if so, keeps Melbourne in the window and all players are happy.
Our picks wont be anything special but we could sweeten it all by offering Angus Brayshaw a very good front loaded deal as a free agent so that Melbourne also score a high pick as compensation.
Belly will drop the mic and load up with feathers if this all comes to fruition!!🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Compo for Melbourne would be first round after their pick, or start of second round wouldn't it?

If we do end up trading with Melbourne I think they would prefer Meek to Lobb, I don't think they have any rucks after Gawn and Jackson and Lobb is too old to be in a succession plan.
Apparently they got a gun ruck in the VFL so they're pretty well stocked

I wonder if they are clones of David Mundy,,,;);):cool::cool:
280039803_2527906490684942_5611208333259832132_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back