List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bloody annoying having Young as Lobb and Logues manager

If we tell Young that there isn't any Lobb money for Logue because its going to Jackson then Young goes to the dogs and says "nah they have to trade him"

If we tell Young that we can get Jackson in without trading Lobb then he says to Griff, "Hold out mate, Lobbs money will be on the table"

Same applies for Acres to an extent

Young managing so many Dockers is ****ing us hard

IMO Acres has been a huge part of our improvement this year. In our better wins he’s been really prominent & creates a strong link out of defense. Him & Nod are easily the best wings we’ve had since Hill/Langdon.
People talking about him being easily replaced are a bit optimistic I feel. He’s prime age, great size, aerobically exceptional & understands the game plan.
Perhaps Worner is being groomed but he’s not plug & play yet.

Even more surprising to me are posters earlier in this thread suggesting loosing Brodie would be no big deal. The guy has been one of the top 6-10 players I would say has driven our best wins this year & easily the best pure inside player we have. The synergy he’s created with Darcy, Mundy, Serong, Brayshaw has been crucial.

Those guys inside with Acres & Nod bossing the wings is when we’ve looked actually elite this year.

apart from Lobb and Tucker, I don't think anyone is going anywhere. It's just bluff for a payrise.

disappointed standing in the rain GIF

Wouldn't that mean playing Walters and Breust forward next year, at the expense of one of Frederick, Schultz, Henry or Switkowski? Possibly restricting opportunities for Johnson and Erasmus who also spend time forward.
Bruest is a much better goal scorer then all of those players, so yes he would be first picked and a big upgrade.

At the start of the season we were playing Walters, Freddy, Schultz, switta and colyer. I see you have replaced colyer with Henry in that list. I feel like Henry is far from a sure thing next season, in a year we are trying to win a flag I would 100% be keen on upgrading a guy struggling to get a game with a 40+ a year goal scoring forward. Henry can also find time on a wing.

Walters and Henry are both big question marks for next season. Swittowski normally spends a fair amount of time injured. You would think out of 5 forwards, 2 of which with big form issues we could certainly do with upgrading and getting one better then all of them and creating a bit of depth.

Erasmus and Johnson should be played midfield or not at all in the tough games. Neither are forwards.

if you were Breust and after a 12 year AFL career in Melbourne in which you got 3 premierships, and I imagine who would be pretty set up with his multi-million dollar house(s), if you wanted one more year and your club that had got you those three cups no longer wanted you, wouldn't you just head down the road for a chat with your old coach who might just appreciate the need for a mature head and friendly face in the forwardline as the talented kids develop, with a potential to assistant coach off the best should you want to continue down that path? Would WA even be on the radar on any level?

IMO Acres has been a huge part of our improvement this year. In our better wins he’s been really prominent & creates a strong link out of defense. Him & Nod are easily the best wings we’ve had since Hill/Langdon.
People talking about him being easily replaced are a bit optimistic I feel. He’s prime age, great size, aerobically exceptional & understands the game plan.
Perhaps Worner is being groomed but he’s not plug & play yet.

Even more surprising to me are posters earlier in this thread suggesting loosing Brodie would be no big deal. The guy has been one of the top 6-10 players I would say has driven our best wins this year & easily the best pure inside player we have. The synergy he’s created with Darcy, Mundy, Serong, Brayshaw has been crucial.

Those guys inside with Acres & Nod bossing the wings is when we’ve looked actually elite this year.
I agree, Acres has been great and a big part of our current form. I want him around next year.

It's bloody annoying having Young as Lobb and Logues manager

If we tell Young that there isn't any Lobb money for Logue because its going to Jackson then Young goes to the dogs and says "nah they have to trade him"

If we tell Young that we can get Jackson in without trading Lobb then he says to Griff, "Hold out mate, Lobbs money will be on the table"

Same applies for Acres to an extent

Young managing so many Dockers is ******* us hard

Personally I don't see how he can represent multiple out of contract players at a single club with a salary cap without having a massive conflict of interest

Yes, Acres I would offer 2 only
I agree. The issue was Freo offered initially only one year. His form picked up and he has had a good year. Offer 2 and if he wants to head to Blues North or whoever for 3-4 years then he is replaceable.

Logue I feel we need to retain. Four years is no issue and up the price - especially if Acres goes.

I don’t reckon we lose both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* Young. Having him as a manager is destroying Fremantle.
This
Most good youngsters nominating for the draft these days are already with a management agency. It would be crippling ourselves so it won't happen, but it has almost gotten to the point where the club should avoid drafting anyone in his stable.
He's poison

This
Most good youngsters nominating for the draft these days are already with a management agency. It would be crippling ourselves so it won't happen, but it has almost gotten to the point where the club should avoid drafting anyone in his stable.
He's poison
I think he manages JL as well lol.

If we lose Acres, Logue could play wing next year. He is a great athlete and would be a tricky match up. His flexibility is amazing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy to see Acres go if the picks are right and he costs too much to hang onto. Aish slips straights in.

I can even see Erasmus being slated for a wing position. He ran a 6.14 2km (Driz 6.23) at combine after 2 month injury lay-off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Happy to see Acres go if the picks are right and he costs too much to hang onto. Aish slips straights in.

I can even see Erasmus being slated for a wing position. He ran a 6.14 2km (Driz 6.23) at combine after 2 month injury lay-off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And he can kick the ball long down the line, high up in the air or across the ground.

It's those snaps for goal I'm not sure he has enough exposed form on yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back