Western Bulldogs:

Marcus Bontempelli 26, 194cm
Tim English 25, 205cm
Josh Schache 25, 199cm
Ryan Gardner 24, 197cm
Jordan Sweet 24, 202cm
Now I feel like a dick, but they are all over 24 for next year, too old

Now I feel like a dick, but they are all over 24 for next year, too old
I agree, I don't like any of the free agents on the market atm. We shouldn't be rushing to grab a mature KPF because of Lobb's departure. The club needs to be thinking longterm aka players 24 and under. That limits us to only a few options but that is the best move. No more BS hail mary KPF trades. That's why I really like Neale, he is the perfect replacement for Meek/Lobb.

Harry Himmelberg is contracted until end of 2023, but if they have the big money issues there again, maybe an option? He is 26.

Taranto, Hopper, Bruhn and Hill all leaving apparently.

If their salary cap is that cooked after all that they need to lose even more then they’ve seriously mismanaged their list. They do have history of that though.

While I like the Riccardi option, I just looked at GWS list and, well we think our forward stocks are bad.. Grim! If I was Kingsley I’d be wanting to keep the only young potentially talented KPF on the list.
I also think with that in mind they’ll make a strong play for Lobb. That was his initial option wasn’t it? And it’s not often a player is keen on a move there, so why wouldn’t they.
Plus as mentioned with all the likely departures they should be be able to offer the best value for a trade.

While I like the Riccardi option, I just looked at GWS list and, well we think our forward stocks are bad.. Grim! If I was Kingsley I’d be wanting to keep the only young potentially talented KPF on the list.
I also think with that in mind they’ll make a strong play for Lobb. That was his initial option wasn’t it? And it’s not often a player is keen on a move there, so why wouldn’t they.
Plus as mentioned with all the likely departures they should be be able to offer the best value for a trade.
If you were Lobb would you prefer to play at Marvel or MCG nearly every second week or the wastelands of GWS. He was only willing to do it last year as it was closer to Melbourne than Perth but I would be pretty sure this year his wish will be the big city.

I was all in for targeting Darcy Cameron two years ago when he was fringe

If you were Lobb would you prefer to play at Marvel or MCG nearly every second week or the wastelands of GWS. He was only willing to do it last year as it was closer to Melbourne than Perth but I would be pretty sure this year his wish will be the big city.

Lobb is turd when the weather isn't just right. He loved Marvel against the Dogs. His small pea brain and heart will be perfect for Marvel!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just over $700k a year. I think that's fair to be honest. Similar to what we were offering Cerra.

Yes, it's a risk but Jackson is a 20 year old, former pick 3, and showed glimpses that he could be an amazing long term player. I've caveated the risk, and I don't think that contract offer is outrageous. We'd probably be offering a similar contract to keep him if he was at the club.
Your math is well off.

That 1.4 mil a year, highest paid player in the league money.

Just over $700k a year. I think that's fair to be honest. Similar to what we were offering Cerra.

Yes, it's a risk but Jackson is a 20 year old, former pick 3, and showed glimpses that he could be an amazing long term player. I've caveated the risk, and I don't think that contract offer is outrageous. We'd probably be offering a similar contract to keep him if he was at the club.
I think you have your fives and your sevens mixed up

He's not getting $1.4m per season.

You'd be a little nervous paying that for 22yo Buddy (in case injury etc) , for Luke Jackson it's just plain stupid. Someone has the numbers wrong.

It's a long time since I learned my gazintas, but I think 7 million over 5 years is more like $1.4m per year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back