List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They moved to big bash cricket on Sunday
Can’t help but be impressed really .
It’s all about how you play the game and they are good at the game and have runs on the board

When/if we actually become relevant and maintain some consistency maybe we start calling the shots

But right now the money and power behind that club is beyond our imagination and something to dream of

Personally I prefer our underdog status
Closer to the ground when we fall

1. Eagles wanting to talk to Jackson to lure him offer will end in the same way we wanted to talk to Kelly to get him over.
2. Eagles don't have the draft capital to get Jackson and will be beyond negligence if they trade him in because their list has more holes than a 4 year old pair of underwear.
3. North closer to a flag than West Coast.

Ryan Daniels is one of the good ones. Is always fair to Freo and is very strong on having 2 separate sources reporting the same before going with something.
Not saying the report is true, maybe it’s not his “scoop” and is just the normal hyperbole rubbish.

If it was a 'scoop' - I'm sure Daniels would have lead on it as part of his bulletin. It's come from a fluff piece for the Eagles and one of the channel 7 team included a vague statement about Jackson to enhance the clip. I think we're making a mountain out of a molehill.

We'll need to provide a good offer to incentive Jackson over - however $1 million a year seems over the top. I would hope we're more conservative towards our list management post Hogan.

Bingo.

Came within a hair of the spoon. Deflect deflect
Won 2 games for the year, like our spoon year (which was much better than theirs % wise, 72 vs 59.8 - and side note, our percentage that year was higher than theirs that year). We got absolutely raked over the coals in the media for that - let's have a guess as to why that was with them finishing only 2 spots above us.

While we talk about which KPF to bring in, I feel it’s worth nothing the long history of KPFs close to being written off before figuring it out. I’d have to look into it more it feels like there is a definitive age bracket where you can get a KPF that has been on a list for a while for cheap with massive potential to explode. I reckon the age cut-off is 24 and it helps a lot if they were a 1st round pick.

Good examples include Fogarty, Marshall and Peter Wright who I think had all been on a list for 4-5 years before figuring it out. Is there any in this age bracket around the place?
Good strategy but also a bit of russian roulette. Offer a 23 year old key forward a contract and he turns out to be the next Kersten or McCarthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast are in the "must be seen to be doing something" phase
Laughed very hard when I read a piece in the last couple of days where Nesbit said if it wasn't for the interrupted pre season and COVID early on they would have made the 8 this year. Talk about over rating your list. Apart from Barass name one other Eagles that showed any sign of improvement this year.

Laughed very hard when I read a piece in the last couple of days where Nesbit said if it wasn't for the interrupted pre season and COVID early on they would have made the 8 this year. Talk about over rating your list. Apart from Barass name one other Eagles that showed any sign of improvement this year.
I think it's less of a case of "over rating" more "blatant bullshit to appeal to the casual fan"

They know they are cooked for the forseeable future

I think it's less of a case of "over rating" more "blatant bullshit to appeal to the casual fan"

They know they are cooked for the forseeable future
This is correct. My brother dealt with someone high up for West Coast at the start of the year and this person said "We are in for a long year this year" and it was well before injuries and covid.

So year they're ****ed. I wonder how long it will take for their fans to realise.

Some more detail
  • Peter Wright, 24 last year when he started to figure it out
  • Darcy Fogarty, 22 this year
  • Todd Marshall, 23 this year

Jake Riccardi will be 23 for the start of next year and while he doesnt meet the "high draft pick criteria", he gives the best chance of getting a Peter Wright style bargain
Don't see him as being any better than Sturt.

Don't see him as being any better than Sturt.
Sturt was a first round pick, and was rated in the 18-30 mark if I remember
right?
He has the ability, it would be disappointing to see him gone. Even one game this
year you’d think would’ve been beneficial.
Let’s hope next preseason we see more focus, chances given to our forward line
woes.

Wtf - just read that Carlton have cap space.

We need to recruit their accountant.

Unbelievable.

We need their billionaire family on the board that also pays over a dozen of their playing list to supplement their salary.

If someone like Andrew Forrest walked onto the board and started paying half our list to be environmental spokespeople for FMG the AFL would shut it down in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back