Unofficial Preview 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob Bauer, Mid sized Forward #29 (Ex Sydney Academy)
Age: 19. Height: 191cm. Weight: 80kg. Career Matches: 4. Career Goals: 13, D.O.B: 06-08-2021
Highlights, On Debut for Nth Adelaide, round 2 & 3
Recently: Displaying remarkable improvement, he was gifted a League opportunity after a bunch of forced changes, and booted five goals against an Adelaide side with 21 AFL-listed players.

Likely the only 19 year old born in 2021. Quite the achievement.

Would be nice but the odds of picking up a Mihocek in the midseason draft are very long. I’d prefer to play the long game, back in the players on our list, and if we want to participate in the MSD at all …..go for the best available. Then regroup at the end of the year and take a proper look at the complete talent pool rather than take the leftover dregs in the MSD.

I’m probably leaning this way. Don’t even bother unless there’s a player who is high in their National draft rankings they can grab a few months early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see the point in choosing Hartley. He’s 29 in 2 weeks. I rather look for a long term solution.
If we were pushing for a flag then yes a ready made would be more important. So I agree. Long term potential in an area is better. I’m also not sure how deep the talent goes, so whether we take two picks remains to be seen

I guess we know why Hartley has nominated for the MSD now.

That's a sad way to finish especially after his stella year last year, Thank you Roughy :thumbsu:

From our site:

"The 2016 Western Bulldogs premiership player had perhaps his best season for the club in 2021, offering a linchpin to the coaching staff to build their defence around.

In 21 games, the 31-year-old averaged seven marks and was used on the oppositions best talls with Darcy Moore missing a chunk of the year

Will be keen to link up with his elite defensive partner under Craig McRae in 2022".

Hartley and someone else. Essentially already on the list and ready to play. No harm in picking him up for 6 mths considering Charlie and Madge are also out. It’s exactly what this draft is for.

I don’t see the point in choosing Hartley. He’s 29 in 2 weeks. I rather look for a long term solution.

Agree but If it’s a six month contract then the long term options are still there in November. Free swing to extend him on a minimum chips one year basis.

It would be full circle, didn’t he start at Collingwood?

Agree but If it’s a six month contract then the long term options are still there in November. Free swing to extend him on a minimum chips one year basis.

It would be full circle, didn’t he start at Collingwood?

Yes he did but did not play a senior game with us. Like Witts, he was one of those NSW academy players we got access to.

I think we should be looking at this mid-season draft and thinking long-term about a couple of young talls who might take 2-3 years before they are really ready. Players who may well be drafted in the second, third and fourth round later this year in the national draft. Let's face it, we aren't winning the flag this season so we should be looking for a jump-start on developing some young KPPs.

If we took him, I suspect it'd be purely as a 6 month back up with our second pick,. If there is no one we rate high enough to take up a list spot next year, I think it would be a good move.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2022 Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back