MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

We all need to get over this quickly. If you really think
He got weeks just for being a Carlton then you are truly delusional. I'm excited to see how we look without Cripps and still think we can win one more and play finals.
damn you're inconsistent......

Last edited:
This is definutely frustrating - would it have been 2 weeks if it was the first round of finals for a winking top 4 team? I reckon not... on the other hand, if this happened in round 4 and we were sitting 4-0 on top of the ladder I think we would wear 2 weeks quite happily

However, let's not let Cripps off the hook here either. That was a dumb act: he was late to the contest and jumped knowing he would likely make contact. He knocked the bloke out...

Unfortunately, as Captain, he's let us down at the worst possible moment. Maybe there's a fairytale finals appearance and a chance to redeem himself but geez, if this doesn't highlight the poor leadership rife throughout our club then what does?
Yes, you're right. An incredibly dumb act from a leader. I mean, who would expect a captain to contest a 50/50 ball in a game in which his teammates are shying away from the hard ball and we're getting smashed in contested possession. I'm almost certain he was deliberately hoping to get suspended for a couple of weeks to let the team down further. Should have taken his guidance from Dow and LOB.

Yes, you're right. An incredibly dumb act from a leader. I mean, who would expect a captain to contest a 50/50 ball in a game in which his teammates are shying away from the hard ball and we're getting smashed in contested possession. I'm almost certain he was deliberately hoping to get suspended for a couple of weeks to let the team down further. Should have taken his guidance from Dow and LOB.
That wasn't a 50/50 ball. He was second to it, and he jumped and made contact with the head of a smaller player. And while I think we all hate that these decisions are outcomes based, we all know that is the case by now, and that includes Cripps. Its pretty simple - don't jump and risk head high contact unless you are 100% winning that ball, or you risk paying the price.

The proper play from would have been to wrap up Ah Chee in a strong legal tackle that set a crucial example for his team, locking the ball in for a ball up. Then using the shirt break to organise his team mates, then win the clearance and set up a running team mate for a confidence boosting goal.

But let's face it - Cripps was frustrated. We were getting smacked, he was struggling to have an impact and he had a rush of blood and overcommitted. I think he kicked a goal a few minutes later that was in itself classic Cripps - fantastic, but also trying to do too much when frustrated.

He's a great player but that's not what you need from a leader. You need someone who can set the tone in a way that reinforces the team structure; that helps resets everyone around them when things aren't going well. Not someone who tries to do it all themselves, breaks the structure, and let's frustration get the better of them.

I reckon Cripps would benefit from stepping down as captain and having someone else take on that mantle - and at times, putting him back in his box too. That's not a criticism - not everyone is a great captain and plenty of fantastic players have needed a calm, strong voice next to them to help them get to the next level.

That doesn't mean the tribunal decision isn't incredibly frustrating. Of 10 similar cases I reckon we have seen 1-2 get off (the title of this thread is chook lotto for a reason) and while on balance 2 weeks is fair, the stakes feel so high for us that I think we all convinced ourselves it was our 'turn' to get one our way...

AhChee took his eyes off the ball to look at Cripps before the contest, so knew exactly where he was, and STILL chose to contest without adequately protecting himself by turning his body so he call fall safely of bumped. It's a skill every player learns in training, how to protect yourself when falling from a bump.

So he gets hurt and the other player is rubbed out? How can the AFL protect players heads when they provide motivation and reward for going into contests recklessly without protecting yourself?

Sas that he was concussed, but ffs.

I still haven't forgiven Peter Caven for headbutting Tony Lockett's elbow...

That wasn't a 50/50 ball. He was second to it, and he jumped and made contact with the head of a smaller player. And while I think we all hate that these decisions are outcomes based, we all know that is the case by now, and that includes Cripps. Its pretty simple - don't jump and risk head high contact unless you are 100% winning that ball, or you risk paying the price.

The proper play from would have been to wrap up Ah Chee in a strong legal tackle that set a crucial example for his team, locking the ball in for a ball up. Then using the shirt break to organise his team mates, then win the clearance and set up a running team mate for a confidence boosting goal.

But let's face it - Cripps was frustrated. We were getting smacked, he was struggling to have an impact and he had a rush of blood and overcommitted. I think he kicked a goal a few minutes later that was in itself classic Cripps - fantastic, but also trying to do too much when frustrated.

He's a great player but that's not what you need from a leader. You need someone who can set the tone in a way that reinforces the team structure; that helps resets everyone around them when things aren't going well. Not someone who tries to do it all themselves, breaks the structure, and let's frustration get the better of them.

I reckon Cripps would benefit from stepping down as captain and having someone else take on that mantle - and at times, putting him back in his box too. That's not a criticism - not everyone is a great captain and plenty of fantastic players have needed a calm, strong voice next to them to help them get to the next level.

That doesn't mean the tribunal decision isn't incredibly frustrating. Of 10 similar cases I reckon we have seen 1-2 get off (the title of this thread is chook lotto for a reason) and while on balance 2 weeks is fair, the stakes feel so high for us that I think we all convinced ourselves it was our 'turn' to get one our way...

University Of Louisville Soccer GIF by Louisville Cardinals

Words of wisdom here folks!

I don't mind Cripps getting a week or two, its just that protected Tiger sniper Scum cowards Lynch and Cotchin who keep getting let off that grinds my gears

Really hate Richmond quite a lot.

Would probably prefer a Collingwood flag then those drongos winning it again
You are totally correct with what you say about Cotchin & Lynch as they truly are snipers who take cheap shots at players but don`t get pinged for them!!! Selwood takes some cheap shots and is never suspended either, but at least he is not a weak prick like those two....:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was never getting off - leave the ground and concuss a bloke = suspension.

Rioli would have got 2 weeks+ if the bloke he hit got concussed. He didnt so gets off - way the system works

AFL is all about the $$$ - covering their asses for when they inevitably get sued for concussion symptoms after footy

What a crock.

He was contesting the ball, Ah Chee didn't have it.

Look at the time clock, it all happened in less than a second. He wasn't 'late' to the contest. The ball was in dispute, he made a contest.

Strong legal tackle? FMD.

Yep it's getting harder to watch every year with all the rule changes and knee jerk reactions to incidents.

As much as I'm pissed about Cripps the chook lotto has been unbelievable tonight how on earth can Cotchin get off when wines hit his head and had a concussion test yet Kelly does a great tackle Berry gets up and plays on and gets a week and upheld at tribunal:mad::oops:

The system is *ed!!!
It's a farce..

I hate that this is something you can get suspended from, IMO it's accidental, players were contesting the ball. The AFL wants Cripps to stop, prop and make a tackle as the second player to the ball and not contest for the ball. I don't like it but it is what it is unfortunately.

AFL are shit scared of players coming back years later and suing them due to concussion related issues.

The AFL are a debased organisation corrupt from the core and impotent and incompetent to boot. They are a ball of slime, extorting money from the seed of Australian rules football and doing everything in their power to avoid their only perceived vulnerability - soccer mums and American-style litigiousness. There needs to be a clear out, take out every decrepit fool in that organisation and put true leaders in place.

Last edited:
The ABL are a debased organisation corrupt from the core and impotent and incompetent to boot. They are a ball of slime, extorting money from the seed of Australian rules football and doing everything in their power to avoid their only perceived vulnerability - soccer mums and American-style litigiousness. There needs to be a clear out, take out every decrepit fool in that organisation and put true leaders in place.

Fair melt, but not sure what the Australian Baseball League has to to with anything.....:tonguewink:

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back