Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the cheapies just feel shitter than ever this year and other than the big 3, the expensive ones don't seem that great.
Does anyone have the list of probables from previous years for comparison?
I feel like every year we question the JS and scoring potential of the cheap rookies. Then there are injuries, suspensions, good performances, etc. Shit just happens and it often works out

I feel like every year we question the JS and scoring potential of the cheap rookies. Then there are injuries, suspensions, good performances, etc. sh*t just happens and it often works out
I still feel a bit different this year. Last year we had Gulden, Warner, Bergman, Jordan, Flynn, Scott, Rowe, McNeil, Jones, Berry that all filled me with much more confidence than the duds this year. Time will tell, but at this stage I'm happy to keep McCartin as my cheapest onfield player.

This is the first time I've played this game. This is my fourth version or something.

1646886019979.png

It seems like I'm spending considerably less on defence than a lot of you. The main reason is my inclusion of McInerney, who I'm pretty confident will have a big year, instead of a genuine premo defender. (In this iteration, Tom Stewart, along with Clayton Oliver, are my first two intended upgrades)

Conversely, I seem to be spending a bit more on forwards than most of you. But at those prices, Dusty and Heeney seem to present amazing value for de facto mids who we could reasonably expect to score more than 100 a game?

Benched rookies are still a work-in-progress until early next week. I've tried to spend what seems like a reasonable amount (ie not bargain basement types everywhere) on players that have a strong probability of playing. Still TBC though.

Main gamble in the mids seems to be having both Rowell and Berry - hardly proven SC performers. I could upgrade say Heeney and Rowell to Oliver (or Stewart) and a premo rookie like Ward?

Feedback for this n00b is appreciated.

I still feel a bit different this year. Last year we had Gulden, Warner, Bergman, Jordan, Flynn, Scott, Rowe, McNeil, Jones, Berry that all filled me with much more confidence than the duds this year. Time will tell, but at this stage I'm happy to keep McCartin as my cheapest onfield player.
Fair enough, definitely a couple of studs in that list.
Your Gulden, Warner, Jordan and Flynn are JHF, Daicos, Ward and DStephens this year. So yep, we're paying way overs for them.
But the rest of the cheapies are equally shit, literally just a lotto, hope you have the flukey scores on field, hope others get injured/suspended and they stick around.

This is the first time I've played this game. This is my fourth version or something.

View attachment 1341993

It seems like I'm spending considerably less on defence than a lot of you. The main reason is my inclusion of McInerney, who I'm pretty confident will have a big year, instead of a genuine premo defender. (In this iteration, Tom Stewart, along with Clayton Oliver, are my first two intended upgrades)

Conversely, I seem to be spending a bit more on forwards than most of you. But at those prices, Dusty and Heeney seem to present amazing value for de facto mids who we could reasonably expect to score more than 100 a game?

Benched rookies are still a work-in-progress until early next week. I've tried to spend what seems like a reasonable amount (ie not bargain basement types everywhere) on players that have a strong probability of playing. Still TBC though.

Main gamble in the mids seems to be having both Rowell and Berry - hardly proven SC performers. I could upgrade say Heeney and Rowell to Oliver (or Stewart) and a premo rookie like Ward?

That's a pretty good side mate. You have got some differences from a lot of the teams, but that can be a good thing. Just back your gut.

Only thing I would say: what do you do if both Sinn and Boyd aren't named? What's the plan?

Any cash in the bank?

That's a pretty good side mate. You have got some differences from a lot of the teams, but that can be a good thing. Just back your gut.

Only thing I would say: what do you do if both Sinn and Boyd aren't named? What's the plan?

Any cash in the bank?
Thanks mate.

Just some spare change in the bank unfortunately. $6k.

in the event that Sinn and Boyd aren't named, I'm thinking
1) upgrade Sinn to Hinge by changing Durdin to Martin, Hollands, or Kelly.
2) downgrade Heeney to McGovern or Brodie, giving me a spare $200k, allowing me to change Sinn to Chapman (or Coleman, maybe)

View attachment 1341993

I like it! I don't have the stones to go with so many mid-pricers, but if all of Heeney/Butters/Rowell/McIerney/Hewett go 35 above their average or finish top 10 in their position, you're in with a real shot at winning the whole thing assuming you trade well.

I'd consider minimising the amount of mid pricers to 3-4 total.

Josh Ward is the only rookie I think you need to find room for. Something like Rowell + Hewett > Lloyd + Ward

View attachment 1341993

1646888673686.png

I think this is ok, but will check back when teams are announced. This is only the 2nd time I'm playing SC, need to learn more about value and best time to trade etc.

View attachment 1341956

Your not a Grifter ? ......pretty good side, can't fault it

Welcome to the Forum

Liking the look of this after a shitload of adjustments following the AAMI Cup games. I would prefer to have Ward on the ground, but it's pretty sexy depth having him as an emergency, and gives me more confidence rolling some of the other riskier picks, because there's enough DPP action to give me plenty of flexibility to navigate the inevitable early disasters.

The obvious adjustment to make would be to downgrade Rowell and upgrade Cripps to a super premium, thereby learning from my mistakes last year. But we all know that's not going to happen. :moustache:

1646890367147.png

If I can somehow save on rookies then Hewitt becomes someone better. $33.7k leftover.

Appreciate any feedback.

View attachment 1340663
I'd keep Hewett, regardless. You've got enough firepower in the back six, and he's relatively low risk and potentially high reward. At least until Walsh is back.

I'm not sure which of them I'd cut (maybe Miller to Macrae or some such, but his AAMI Cup match was very promising), but I'd feel a bit on edge having 4 Brisbane and GC players in my starting midfield. That being said, they're all pretty good picks.

View attachment 1341993

Heeney is ballsy, and I had him for a while, but elected to give him a miss because he's burned me too many times in the past. Huge upside though, given this has been his least interrupted pre-season I can remember, and he's looking fit and confident.

I think McInerney also has huge upside, but check out his scores in losses last year. Other than the Power game, it's pretty grim reading. I think our gameplan has to be successful for him to pump out big numbers, and you'll have to be willing to cop some stinkers when the game isn't on the Swans' terms. I'm super bullish on him, but we need to remember that he did average 75.5 last year, despite outperforming Swans' fans already reasonably high expectations. Granted, it wouldn't surprise me to see him entrusted with kick-in duties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1342006
Something like this.
I like the bank as I reckon I will know more about rookies and midpricers after a round or 2.
Strong team given the money you have left over. I'm not sure about have SDK on the field. Feel like you'd be better off just copping one of Gibcus/Hinge - seem like safer bets in terms of scoring.

I've seen plenty of teams include them both, but just curious about Dixon/Hayes picks. I know RUCK/FWD flexibilty is handy in case one of your main rucks doesn't play, but it seems entirely pointless if neither one of your back-ups are going to play.

Heeney is ballsy, and I had him for a while, but elected to give him a miss because he's burned me too many times in the past. Huge upside though, given this has been his least interrupted pre-season I can remember, and he's looking fit and confident.

I think McInerney also has huge upside, but check out his scores in losses last year. Other than the Power game, it's pretty grim reading. I think our gameplan has to be successful for him to pump out big numbers, and you'll have to be willing to cop some stinkers when the game isn't on the Swans' terms. I'm super bullish on him, but we need to remember that he did average 75.5 last year, despite outperforming Swans' fans already reasonably high expectations. Granted, it wouldn't surprise me to see him entrusted with kick-in duties.
I hear you. But in addition to everything you've said about Heeney, its obviously pretty well documented that we can expect many more Heeney minutes in the middle this year. Re McInerney, structurally he's going to take a lot of the action that Dawson got last year, and the success of my backline is predicated on my wild notion that this is the year Lloyd's SC figures drop off.

What's your hunch on the ratio of time Heeney will spend mid/fwd and McInerney spends wing/half back?

Strong team given the money you have left over. I'm not sure about have SDK on the field. Feel like you'd be better off just copping one of Gibcus/Hinge - seem like safer bets in terms of scoring.

I've seen plenty of teams include them both, but just curious about Dixon/Hayes picks. I know RUCK/FWD flexibilty is handy in case one of your main rucks doesn't play, but it seems entirely pointless if neither one of your back-ups are going to play.
I think there is a strong chance both line up Round 1 hence the selections in a lot of teams.
Worst case most should be able to fund a move to another fwd rookie pending round 1 teams of course. That's the way I see it anyway.

Liking the look of this after a shitload of adjustments following the AAMI Cup games. I would prefer to have Ward on the ground, but it's pretty sexy depth having him as an emergency, and gives me more confidence rolling some of the other riskier picks, because there's enough DPP action to give me plenty of flexibility to navigate the inevitable early disasters.

The obvious adjustment to make would be to downgrade Rowell and upgrade Cripps to a super premium, thereby learning from my mistakes last year. But we all know that's not going to happen. :moustache:

View attachment 1342038
I like the Chapman selection. Thought he showed a lot last year and seemingly had a good AAMI game. What are you expectations on his scoring given his price? 80?

Going out on a limb with this team. Marshall R2 which could work he is a gun and could go 110+.
Midfield is the strongest line and with Rowell M6 could well be 6 keepers.
Defence is solid without being outstanding also have Wilmot at D8 I reckon after the suspension R1 he plays.
Forwards are Pretty vanilla and Dunks,Butters and Cogs should all be keepers.

51.JPG
52.JPG

I hear you. But in addition to everything you've said about Heeney, its obviously pretty well documented that we can expect many more Heeney minutes in the middle this year. Re McInerney, structurally he's going to take a lot of the action that Dawson got last year, and the success of my backline is predicated on my wild notion that this is the year Lloyd's SC figures drop off.

What's your hunch on the ratio of time Heeney will spend mid/fwd and McInerney spends wing/half back?
I think Heeney will still spend more time forward. I think he's too valuable there to be spending too much time in the midfield. Plus, we've got Parker, Mills, Rowbottom, Warner, Florent, and Stephens as players who likely won't spend too much time elsewhere on the field. But realistically, I don't think it matters where he plays. It's really just if he can stay fit. If he stays fit for the whole year, he'll be a top 10 forward IMO.
I think there is a strong chance both line up Round 1 hence the selections in a lot of teams.
Worst case most should be able to fund a move to another fwd rookie pending round 1 teams of course. That's the way I see it anyway.
Ah fair enough. Those were two of the 3 AAMI Cup games I didn't pay any attention to, so makes sense. I see a $102k ruck in a round 1 team and usually assume it's just structural lol, because round 1 debutante rucks seem like a rarity.
I like the Chapman selection. Thought he showed a lot last year and seemingly had a good AAMI game. What are you expectations on his scoring given his price? 80?
Yeah, I liked what I saw last year, and his AAMI Cup game was what made me pull the trigger. Still pretty speculative and could be this year's Dow or Clark, but I'm not particularly excited by any defensive rookies not in my team atm.

Would have prefered Coleman for around the same price. His hamstring injury was very unfortunate, and might keep him out long enough for him to have any SC relevance by the sounds of things. Would have been a lock for me.

Going out on a limb with this team. Marshall R2 which could work he is a gun and could go 110+.
Midfield is the strongest line and with Rowell M6 could well be 6 keepers.
Defence is solid without being outstanding also have Wilmot at D8 I reckon after the suspension R1 he plays.
Forwards are Pretty vanilla and Dunks,Butters and Cogs should all be keepers.

View attachment 1342054
View attachment 1342055
Where's Brodie gone? You were all over him a day or two ago?

Interesting

I’ve ended up with both Heeney & McInerney in my team.

Heeney wasn’t fit last year. This year he is.

McInerney will he get any of Dawson’ s play or it all goes to Lloyd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back