Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rachele and durdin to cheaper rookies to use the funds to upgrade one of weller or hewett to a premo?

Just don't trust that any cheaper rookies will actually play. I'd like to upgrade Hewett to Dale but with the Dogs playing so early, by the time I've figured out who's playing Dale will be locked out.

could you downgrade gibc and d.steph to cheaper rookies and upgrade berry to rowell?

Gibcus is definitely replaceable but I don't think I'll be dropping Berry or Stephens - I think they'll both make more money than Rowell. At Rowells price he needs to average 100-105 to make 150k, he'll probably get that but I think both Berry and Stephens will make more that at their price points vs expected output. Going without Rowell may hurt me but I can't give up my precious 3x 650k mids for him and I don't think he's must have.

Nice team, but Baldwin unlikely and Boyd only a small chance to play. Add that to a few of your bench that are pretty unlikely and it would be a real concern for me
id be happy with any green dot tbh. but if theres none id be happy to roll with what i got and trade in rookies on the bubble.

.If he stays fit for the whole year, he'll be a top 10 forward IMO.

Ah fair enough. Those were two of the 3 AAMI Cup games I didn't pay any attention to, so makes sense. I see a $102k ruck in a round 1 team and usually assume it's just structural lol, because round 1 debutante rucks seem like a rarity.

Yeah, I liked what I saw last year, and his AAMI Cup game was what made me pull the trigger. Still pretty speculative and could be this year's Dow or Clark, but I'm not particularly excited by any defensive rookies not in my team atm.

Would have prefered Coleman for around the same price. His hamstring injury was very unfortunate, and might keep him out long enough for him to have any SC relevance by the sounds of things. Would have been a lock for me.
He is, almost evey year, regardless of his role isn't he? Money for jam Heeney.

get 200k off your bench and use it to upgrade a rookie to a premo
Fair call.

I generally don’t mind heading in to the season with $$$ on the bench, as long as it still allows a decent starting line up. At the moment I’ve got 13 premiums*.

Normally with this approach, any rookie correction I need to make in Rd 3 might also then release an extra $30-70k for quick upgrades in the following weeks.

In saying that, following your advice though, we’re talking an additional premo from the outset, so I’ll have to consider it strongly. 13 premiums (incl Rowell) might not be a strong enough starting outfit

*until I break them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is, almost evey year, regardless of his role isn't he? Money for jam Heeney.
Yeah, that's why I said it's a ballsy move. FWIW this is the least interrupted pre-season I can remember from him since his rookie season.

I don't have him, personally. I'd only consider switching Treloar from my team to him, because at least then it's one risky pick for another.

View attachment 1342210Another day… more tweaks.. but feeling like I’m nearly there!

$87k left in the kitty..

Any feedback or ideas will be much appreciated :thumbsu:
i cant handle that much on the bench with gibcus and stephens. 124k max imo.

once you downgrade them youd have a nice kitty left over to upgrade one of your midpricers

Yeah, that's why I said it's a ballsy move. FWIW this is the least interrupted pre-season I can remember from him since his rookie season.

I don't have him, personally. I'd only consider switching Treloar from my team to him, because at least then it's one risky pick for another.
I don't have him, but think he's a great pick. Just doesn't fit my structure.

I don't have him, but think he's a great pick. Just doesn't fit my structure.
Yeah, it's a tough one. Because he's one I'd like 2 weeks to get a look at, but on history, I'd still feel like it's a guarantee that I pick him and he gets sent off for surgery the next week lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back