Autopsy 2022 Rd 9 Blues show Giant heart to win interstate

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that was our best win for the year. Up against some adversity with injuries, they had plenty to play for at a place we have never won. Couldnt have been prouder of that effort, loved it.

I thought Plowman again was quite good yesterday. Not sure what it specifically is, but I feel as though he has just developed that slightly harder edge and confidence and its made him difficulty to plat against. Thought O'Brien was good as well.

Im not for whipping boys, but how good is it to have a team where you can feel like you can trust all 22 on the field to hit a target, to go when its their turn, to stick the tackle etc.

I thought that was our best win for the year. Up against some adversity with injuries, they had plenty to play for at a place we have never won. Couldnt have been prouder of that effort, loved it.

I thought Plowman again was quite good yesterday. Not sure what it specifically is, but I feel as though he has just developed that slightly harder edge and confidence and its made him difficulty to plat against. Thought O'Brien was good as well.

Im not for whipping boys, but how good is it to have a team where you can feel like you can trust all 22 on the field to hit a target, to go when its their turn, to stick the tackle etc.
not sure who it was but plowman hit someone in the first and the bloke felt it big time.........

In watching the replay it was apparent that we seriously outplayed them. Just a few bad patches that let them back into the game when we should have put the foot down.
Doc clanger kicking backwards
Saad coming in third man up when Weiters had it covered
Kemp over committing on HH when Weiters had the play covered
Cerra punting it out of defence when he had help nearby

Hopefully we will bring Young in and keep Kemp in. CC being anchored in the forward line really limited his output. Same with Crippa spending so much time rucking.

Really seeing the lesser lights stepping up.

LOB is improving but needs to be nailing those shots at goal. He can hit a pass hard on the boundary 40 m away. I think he over kicks it at goal. Hopefully getting one this week gives him some confidence and becomes a goal kicking wingman.

Great to see Cotters disposal improving. Always amazed me that people wrote him off. His kicking was never the problem it was him being comfortable with the speed of the game/the amount of time he had and his ability to make the right decision under pressure. Combine that with being close to the best runner in the league I think he will make it.

Durdin had his best game. His hands are so clean. Just a one touch player with footy smarts.

Huge win, huuuuge.

A big part of our game that must really frustrate the shit out of opposition and their coaches - is the amount of left footers we have. Especially during transition we get the luxury of zigging when the defender zags.

From yesterday we had Newman, LOB, Fisher, Saad, Carrol, De Koning.

Then a few like Cerra, Kennedy, JSOS have no problems kicking both sides. It's a great luxury.

Big test v the Swans next week, hope we get some key players back because you could see the dip in quality at some moments yesterday.
Up the lefties!!!!!!

:sneaky:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a really challenging run. Bad luck sees us play Freo and Tiggers twice...Hungry pies twice... Lions...and Dees with West Coast far enough down track to get players back?
I am not confident of staying in Top 4. Not at all. But yeah..should hold on to Top 8. We have to now.
Players back? And then integrating them into team like Guv and Omac?
Marchy?
Martin and Stocker and of course Hazza ...could mean a nice surprise finish for us but atm...one nervous week at a time for me.
💙
Anyone......anywhere......anytime :carlton:

Lucky enough to be at the game yesterday. I now get why some folks doubt GWS as a real club, felt like a small suburban team without the passion for a home game. Even the venue was not quite ready to handle the crowd.

Anyway, onto the game.

We are an extremely well coached. Been a very long since i have said that.

Everyone plays their role, we are no longer a team relying on Individual brilliance. Its hard to work out our best players because of the even contribution.

When williams went out, we adjusted seamlessly and greene remained locked down. Our method around the ball is relentless, consistent. Defensively we are sound.

We have transformed significantly from last year.

Few observations. Fishers first and last qtr were outstanding.
Durdins pressure and even his aerial contest was relentless and classy.
Thought doch had an average game in live mode making a lot of mistakes, but still contributed in some key moments.

Leave it there. But actually feeling carlton are safe now. Not sure we will win everything but we have a highly competitive game that gives us every chance.

Go blues.

i dont know who the tackler was.

but how was that tackle on kennedy not considered dangerous? it looked bad to me.
If it was the one I'm thinking of it was just a beautiful hard clamp bearhug.

i dont know who the tackler was.

but how was that tackle on kennedy not considered dangerous? it looked bad to me.

dangerous how? do you need to wrap them in a blanket before tackling these days?

it was a glorious tackle, hospital handpass to kennedy and BANG!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 9 Blues show Giant heart to win interstate

Back