VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

In 50 years of watching VFA/VFL footy I have never seen a more heartless effort from a team containing the talent of this Carlton VFL team than what we have just witnessed in this last quarter. Not one Carlton listed player should expect elevation to the seniors next week. Not one of them has stood up & said "I am going to stop this rot".

I don't understand how a team can be consistently outnumbered at contests in D50, the midfield & the F50 unless their work rate is totally non-existent. Tonight's effort was not good enough, particularly given the opposition.

Troubling ruckwork in the last
Home field advantage, but that’s the low leagues isn’t it. Thought a few dives got paid and other decisions held off but it don’t matter
Motlop shows signs but not ready. Dow great, hard in the last qtr with the ruck work..

Feel a bit dejected about that.
Was bloody good to get in the huddle though, saw Vossy have a little laugh and quick chat to Marchy, don’t think it’ll be too long before we see him in the 1’s.
Was a strong wind and they were slotting them from everywhere, let the ferals enjoy ourselves, we don’t have much going for us down ‘ere.
Anyhoo, bring on tomorrow….👍

Summed yourself up there.

Dolphins are up against it being in the VFL, they deserve to celebrate what has been an utter meltdown by the Blues.
Teddy Hopkins you should be ashamed of yourself, I lived on the Peninsula for twenty years, scored my local badge and some of the best people I know live in that post code, and then you spurt out something completely disrespectful to a tight community who have more challenges than an irrelevant insulated tosser like yourself could understand, you disgust me.

Pretty much sums up our last quarter....

PertinentReliableAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Marchbank too good for VFL, keep building and will back in the ones after the bye

Fog always does the team things, too good for the level, a yard off AFL

Dow gets plenty, but burns alot of disposals and not part of many chains, defensively poor

Setters just not hungry enough

Willo, struggling at this level not a great sign

Motlop still needs more consistency

In 50 years of watching VFA/VFL footy I have never seen a more heartless effort from a team containing the talent of this Carlton VFL team than what we have just witnessed in this last quarter. Not one Carlton listed player should expect elevation to the seniors next week. Not one of them has stood up & said "I am going to stop this rot".

I don't understand how a team can be consistently outnumbered at contests in D50, the midfield & the F50 unless their work rate is totally non-existent. Tonight's effort was not good enough, particularly given the opposition.
Hyperbole.

Marchbank too good for VFL, keep building and will back in the ones after the bye

Dow gets plenty, but burns alot of disposals and not part of many chains, defensively poor

Big call on Setters given he only played a half and dominated in the second quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our lack of developing talls is a bit of an issue. Forcing Kemp to play KPD1, and no young key forward to kick to. Not even sure what Kemp is in year 3...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you reckon motlop gets a game sometime this year?

Not as fazed as others by the result.

Willo, I swear he would be a good player at AFL level if given a proper run. He is just suited to the level above imo. I know that doesn't make much sense given what he just offered up but I see him as a good player in a good system.

Marchbank just an amazing return. I'm not even a huge fan of his generally but that was outstanding and I'm excited at the prospect of him coming in and impacting the seniors.

it was appalling

Our lack of developing talls is a bit of an issue. Forcing Kemp to play KPD1, and no young key forward to kick to. Not even sure what Kemp is in year 3...

Kemp, aside from terrible disposal, wasn’t the issue. They were dobbing them from miles out having had the ball smashed to them by Mirk who became their best player. And some of our VFL boys down back over hand balled.

I’m not completely sold on Kemp, but he’s a better prospect playing back, especially if we have no plans to play him as a mid - which seems to be the case.

Actually, I’m more confused as to Philp’s role. Playing him as a high half forward is doing little for him.

Totally reprehensible effort in the last quarter. Lost all composure and I just hope that this is something they don’t let happen again. The 2s have been great all season long so maybe they can have a mulligan for this one time. Have got to stay connected when things go wrong and step up when it’s your turn to go. We were second to the ball all quarter and lost all concentration with and without the footy. Lick your wounds and make sure we forget about this next weekend.

Needs to improve his intensity and stay in the game for longer periods, might sneak a gig, based only on injuries to Durdin and or Owies

He had 17 possessions, so he gets his hands on the ball. And he was very clean late in the fourth. It’s interesting how little time he spends as a small forward.

Totally reprehensible effort in the last quarter. Lost all composure and I just hope that this is something they don’t let happen again. The 2s have been great all season long so maybe they can have a mulligan for this one time. Have got to stay connected when things go wrong and step up when it’s your turn to go. We were second to the ball all quarter and lost all concentration with and without the footy. Lick your wounds and make sure we forget about this next weekend.

2nd to the ball?

Try 4th to the ball.

Should be told to walk back to Melbourne...

VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back