Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 5 vs Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

in fact if we had not beaten the hawks, they would be 3/1 with the cats to play this round and would have been in the eight
The dogs would be 3/2 and just outside the eight
ditto the tigers
Are you suggesting that we will beat the top teams with the inconsistency in our games this season?

Robbie Gray is very frustrating with his flopping.

He is one of those guys that has a good rep with the umps.

The good teams win the close ones I know people are disappointed with the last two wins but like everyone has said in days gone by we lose every time.Voss is 5 games in and I’m confident we’ll be a lot better later on the year.Banking early wins is key.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Master key unlocks all. Agree . Bank it and move on .

... wat?

Patrick Cripps Hamstring Underwent a scan and was assessed further at the Club on Tuesday: cleared of any significant damage and, at this stage, is likely to miss the one week. (Update: 12 April)
David Cuningham Knee Currently in a performance conditioning block prior to his return to skills training. When he has completed the required workload over the coming month, he will look to integrate back into the skills program. (Update: 23 March)
Ed Curnow Knee Sustained a medial ligament injury from a tackle in the VFL practice match win over Richmond. No surgery is required, but he is expected to miss the next 4-6 weeks. (Update: 23 March)
Josh Honey Knee Has now returned to full training. He has entered a performance block of training and is a chance to return to play in the next fortnight. (Update: 7 April)
Caleb Marchbank Knee Has returned to the skills program: needs a good block of skills conditioning before his return to play. That training block will be his focus for the next month, with his timeline to return to play to be assessed after that. (Update: 23 March)
Oscar McDonald Back Training this week and will undergo another fitness test to determine his availability to play football this weekend. (Update: 12 April)
Mitch McGovern Hamstring Results of scans confirmed a grade one hamstring strain. (Update: 31 March)

Arguably, every player on that list with the exception of Ed and Marchbank would be playing ones; that's 5 players, including our first choice intercept defender and our other KPD. Our captain, in Cripps.

We have also missed over the last few weeks: Pittonett, Durdin, Martin, Carroll, Cerra, Walsh.

Which other clubs would you say have had a worse run with injuries than we've had, BB?
I said 1 or 2 out each week from our best 22, albeit it not the same 1 or 2 - and whilst I might give you Oscar and Go as best 22 you can’t list blokes Carroll, Honey, Cuningham and Marchbank as best 22.

Almost every club hasn’t had access to its best 22 yet this year.

De Koning goes from being 3rd tall to rucking by himself to dropped. How does that work? He needs to be 3rd tall. I dont care if he is worst on the ground it allows Charlie and Harry more 1v1s and they will kick more bags.

Cottrell, Young and Parks done some nice things on talent but they aren't up to AFL standard in brains at this time. Setterfield similar.

De Koning goes from being 3rd tall to rucking by himself to dropped. How does that work? He needs to be 3rd tall. I dont care if he is worst on the ground it allows Charlie and Harry more 1v1s and they will kick more bags.

He is horribly out of form and struggling in a major way. Liability at AFL level at the moment.

I said 1 or 2 out each week from our best 22, albeit it not the same 1 or 2 - and whilst I might give you Oscar and Go as best 22 you can’t list blokes Carroll, Honey, Cuningham and Marchbank as best 22.

Almost every club hasn’t had access to its best 22 yet this year.
I've always had Marchbank top 22 but Doc, Saad and Williams have improved their combination tenfold over the past 6 months its hard to see Marchbank slotting in now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cottrell, Young and Parks done some nice things on talent but they aren't up to AFL standard in brains at this time. Setterfield similar.
Thought Cotters had a very good game.

I am neutral and the umpires had a big influence on this game , Port Adelaide got ripped off. VERY BAD UMPIRING no consistency
Yeah, nah.
They were pretty good overall. A few bad calls both ways. They certainly had an influence when Port were making their run and they missed two very obvious pushes in the back that might have halted their momentum.

Called it at half time to my son and father in law that we’d win by 2-3 points. It’s Easter I’ve been cooking since 7am and finished a bottle of scotch by 1/2 time. Meh close enough. We won job done see Freo next week. Hopefully they don’t do a Gold Coast and play their grand final next week. First half everyone looked amazing second half I dunno we were rough and chasing our tails. Job done sorted peace out.

Last edited:
Yeah, nah.
They were pretty good overall. A few bad calls both ways. They certainly had an influence when Port were making their run and they missed two very obvious pushes in the back that might have halted their momentum.

Shame he/she can’t reply.

Not really Durdin was the damage . TDK just needs to reset . And he didn’t play well in the twos .Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 5 Heart attack Blues hold on again

Back