Game Day 2022 SC Round 7 Discussion - SC Gods causing a ruckus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traded Hayes to Hayes, cause that‘s locked. Need cash gen. Two trades remaining.

Pray for Jiska.

View attachment 1386359

the-simpsons-hell.gif

Other than Rosas and Hobbs, are there any other rooks on the bubble?
Finn Callaghan and Sam Berry.

Dont ask me who they are, the answer is NFI.

E: Berry not a rook. Callaghan likely not either, if he was a $198k wook i’d know who he is. As such, the answer is no (not playing ones anyway)

Other than Rosas and Hobbs, are there any other rooks on the bubble?
Hobbs is interesting to me. I've been absent here for the last week so I'm not sure how much it has been discussed. He looked impressive in his first game watching on the tv and I was in the crowd for Anzac Day and to be honest I didn't really notice him. Haven't watched any replays

E: Berry not a rook. Callaghan likely not either, if he was a $198k wook i’d know who he is. As such, the answer is no (not playing ones anyway)
Callaghan was pick 3 last year.
100% a rookie. Probably a good one also.

Calllaghan was 3rd pick overall in last year's draft and plays for GWS. He is a future star in the making from glimpses he has shown in his 2 matches, Leon notwithstanding. Picking high priced rookies at GWS is a known road to ruin and misery. 198K, BE -9, job security completely in the lap of the gods.
Berri is a 2nd year Crows spud who has a BE of 7 on a 250K purchase who will make you a small amount of cash slowly and give you an array of 50,60 & 70 returns.

Last edited:
Upshot is Hayes/Hayes, Butters/Houston. Petracca/Mills is locked in.
I have Gibcus on stand-by to cover the possible late Hewett out, but it means no loop this week, as I can't use McCartin as loop. All other non-playing benchers' teams play early in the round.
Will stick the C on Gawn, would have been VC ideally, but he has everything in his favour to hit the heights this week.

Seems like, assuming no further late surprises, all should be fine fielding sides, no?
Ruck eligibles a bit tricky, but lots of DPP possibilities should help, you’d reckon.

But then two spots, two trades = happy days, no?
Or did I miss something?
Fielding Durdin or MacDonald, with Hewett in doubt != happy days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fielding Durdin or MacDonald, with Hewett in doubt != happy days
I am fielding both Durdin and Rosas, with no FWD cover
SDK covering the Hewett late out
Hobbs covering the Parish late out

It's not pretty

Try get 22 and hope for the best!

150k.

Thinking Xerri to Rosas if named, Paddy to Witherden. Should leave me just enough cash for Daicos to Cripps next week.

Does McGovern return impact Witherden?

Hinge>KidColeman
Xerri>Treloar

Or
HYoung>Witherden
Xerri>KidColeman (80k+ bank)

Next week:
Dixon>Clarke(WCE)
Daicos>Cripps

Does McGovern return impact Witherden?

Hinge>KidColeman
Xerri>Treloar

Or
HYoung>Witherden
Xerri>KidColeman (80k+ bank)

Next week:
Dixon>Clarke(WCE)
Daicos>Cripps
Kiddy
DeGoey/Parker

I simply don't trust Treloars body

6 of my 11 forwards and rucks from last week are out. Dpp and 3 trades can salvage this though. Apart from that I have Ward out and questions over Hewitt and Parish.

Grundy to Hayes
Hayes to Sinclair (dpp)
Xerri to Oliver (dpp)

No dounts with cover for Parish and Hewitt if needed. This result is a testimony of the power of Dpp. Not the trades I wanted to do with still a few duds I want to move on.

Let's look at it positives. It's a one down two up week. And no donuts at this stage.

Based on nothing at all I have a sneaking feeling that Dixon will be a late IN tonight
Would not be a surprise. They look a bit light in the ruck. Especially against Nank and Soldo.

If they do this you do ask the question about why play silly buggers with selections though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back