List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contracts can be broken. Happens all the time. Sean Darcy? Caleb Serong?
Players have to agree to go. We will not get Young or those 2. I'd say we'll get Lobb or Meek and 2 1st rounders max

Should be demanding the world so they get the idea that we wont be bent over, i would happily let him walk to the preseason draft and take no compo if they want to give us Lobb and a second.

I would like us to do this too if Freo insult us with low offers but reality is club won’t let him go for free.

I would like us to do this too if Freo insult us with low offers but reality is club won’t let him go for free.

Makes more sense to let him go for free seriously, let him to some shit team instead of giving another premiership threat a bargain

I reckon the only way we get Lobb/Meek and 2 first rounders is if those picks are both valued at about 15 (ergo Freo’s first picks in the next two drafts) with us chucking a second rounder back. Otherwise it’ll be one top 10 pick and Lobb/Meek or whatever second rounder they get from the Dogs for Lobb. I think the most likely scenario is some complicated 4 club deal that holds up the whole trade period. We’re looking at something probably a tad under the compo we got for Hogan, hopefully the club can turn it into the equivalent of Hogan for May & Sparrow.

Let's be real , we're probably gonna get unders for Jackson if he goes.
I've actually loved our trading the last few years, but we've never been a hardball team. We're the sort of club that just gets deals done, whether we get unders or overs.

It was not long ago we got 6 and 23 for Hogan, in hindsight we win on that one. But at the time, he was arguably the best young KPF in the game (150 goals off 70odd games) and whether you like him or not, we probably could've got more at the time.

It kinda parallels, this time we've got the best young Ruckman in the game, and of course it's WA again with Freo looming

Des Headland the most comparable maybe? Played 4 years. That’s 20 years ago. Tim Kelly was a recent recruit albeit mature age.
When did Tim Kelly play in a flag?

Buddy's the only one and that was a unique deal I wouldn't be mad if Jackson left for 9 years at a million

Not sure what more we could have done with him to make him stay tbh

What a nothing statement lol facts are none of Richmonds or Hawks young stars walked out after a flag. Same with the Dogs, Swans etc.

We are going to lose our second high profile player to Freo in 4 years, hardly a ringing endorsement for the club.

Buddy's the only one and that was a unique deal I wouldn't be mad if Jackson left for 9 years at a million

What a nothing statement lol facts are none of Richmonds or Hawks young stars walked out after a flag. Same with the Dogs, Swans etc.

We are going to lose our second high profile player to Freo in 4 years, hardly a ringing endorsement for the club.

What more could we have done? Hogan was pushed btw and we didn’t want him back end of 2020, he was damaged goods.

It was not long ago we got 6 and 23 for Hogan, in hindsight we win on that one. But at the time, he was arguably the best young KPF in the game (150 goals off 70odd games) and whether you like him or not, we probably could've got more at the time.

Wasn't the best young key forward in the game and it was never unders. Bloke clearly had big off field issues. You get what the other club has, you can't just decide a player is worth two top 20 picks and demand it that's not how trading in the AFL works

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What more could we have done? Hogan was pushed btw and we didn’t want him back end of 2020, he was damaged goods.

You keep asking that like either of us know what the club's done, end result is we didn't do enough to make him wanna stay in Melbourne.

Wasn't the best young key forward in the game and it was never unders. Bloke clearly had big off field issues. You get what the other club has, you can't just decide a player is worth two top 20 picks and demand it that's not how trading in the AFL works
I said arguably, I know you never liked him that much but damn in 2018 (the year we traded him) he was 1 of 2 players under the age of 25 in that years top 10 goalkickers (albeit at 10th), he deserved to be in the conversation. I'm glad he left now though lol

But that's my point, I'm saying if Jackson wants to go, we're probably going to do enough to get it done and it's going to be hassle free. let's expect something good, but not the world if Jackson goes

Last edited:
I said arguably, I know you never liked him that much but damn in 2018 (the year we traded him) he was 1 of 2 players under the age of 25 in that years top 10 goalkickers (albeit at 10th), he deserved to be in the conversation. I'm glad he left now though lol

But that's my point, I'm saying if Jackson wants to go, we're probably going to do enough to get it done and it's going to be hassle free. let's expect something good, but not the world if Jackson goes
I would kill for young Hogan when he was hitting up and getting the ball on the wing through work rate. None of our forwards can work up the ground and get an easy hit up. 6 and 23 was maybe slightly unders but that's the shit part of AFL trading. Rightfully we should have a pick of Freos list but it never happens.

Don't know Freos situation but we probably get this year's and next year's first, plus giving them back a second. Something in that ballpark. There's probably a nothing Victorian player we will get for free Michie style.

I would kill for young Hogan when he was hitting up and getting the ball on the wing through work rate. None of our forwards can work up the ground and get an easy hit up. 6 and 23 was maybe slightly unders but that's the s**t part of AFL trading. Rightfully we should have a pick of Freos list but it never happens.

Don't know Freos situation but we probably get this year's and next year's first, plus giving them back a second. Something in that ballpark. There's probably a nothing Victorian player we will get for free Michie style.

I was so excited after his debut season, could've been anything really. So talented but over the next few years , his attitude and effort just got worse. Still, he's having okay season this year, just not as good as is hope for him at age 27.

6 and 23 wasn't bad , it just wasn't crazy good and it was the easiest way to trade him- but that's what we do. Which I don't mind, if a player wants to leave, they're always going to find a decent deal for both clubs, and vice versa.
We're never gonna have a Joe Daniher 2019/2020 situation which was just embarrassing

Tbf I haven't looked into Freos situation at all, maybe cos I'm secretly Jacko will sign on lol
2 first rounders would be alright.

I'd love 3 first rounders, or an absolute young gun and some top picks along with it but realistically it's just not gonna happen that way

Not going to comment on the first bit cause I don't know and don't care about it.

1. No one knows if Jacko is leaving.
2. Hogan was good, inconsistent but good. However he had a lot of personal issues and supposedly wanted to go back home. Fair enough, we let him go and got a bloody good deal considering said personal issues. We flipped that and got some great assets.
3. IF Jacko leaves it says more about him than the club. As others have said we have done everything we can for the guy. What we can't do is replicate his home environment or offer an insane pay deal (if media is to be believed).

I was so excited after his debut season, could've been anything really. So talented but over the next few years , his attitude and effort just got worse. Still, he's having okay season this year, just not as good as is hope for him at age 27.

6 and 23 wasn't bad , it just wasn't crazy good and it was the easiest way to trade him- but that's what we do. Which I don't mind, if a player wants to leave, they're always going to find a decent deal for both clubs, and vice versa.
We're never gonna have a Joe Daniher 2019/2020 situation which was just embarrassing

Tbf I haven't looked into Freos situation at all, maybe cos I'm secretly Jacko will sign on lol
2 first rounders would be alright.

I'd love 3 first rounders, or an absolute young gun and some top picks along with it but realistically it's just not gonna happen that way

0 chance of 3 first rounders. That's Petracca or Oliver trade value not Jackson

I would kill for young Hogan when he was hitting up and getting the ball on the wing through work rate. None of our forwards can work up the ground and get an easy hit up. 6 and 23 was maybe slightly unders but that's the s**t part of AFL trading. Rightfully we should have a pick of Freos list but it never happens.

I know it's popular to pot BBB at the moment, but he does regularly get up the ground and present. Doesn't clunk them at much as he should, but the workrate is there. Same for TMac.

Sums up the mood of the board really. Some in one camp, some in the other.
Just posted a stat in the changes thread. From Oliver and Tracs last 46 kicks inside 50 we have taken 2 marks. Oliver hasn't hit a target inside 50 for 6 weeks. That's pretty horrible an no matter how highly you rate them they have to accept that they are a huge reason our forward line is failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back