List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably 4th in line but still. Think he's on 500 or something. North would be stupid not to offer us a 3rd rounder for him. I'd take pic 37 in a heartbeat and they can spread his contract over a few more years.

I actually wonder if a team that is pretty good but lacking a little in the KPD department would be better off having a look at him. Maybe like a Collingwood or Bulldogs, make sure they don't end up having to throw players like Naughton back.

So how does it work? Is Jackson out of contract meaning he is an unrestricted free agent? How much power do we have at the draft with him leaving?
No, he is not a free agent, I believe players have to been on a list for 8+ years to qualify as a restricted free agent, and 10 to be unrestricted (there's some other conditions regarding salary I can't remember).

If he decides to leave and nominates a club, a trade will have to be done. I would think it likely that we accept unders for him but given the only other path to a WA club would be through the pre-season / national draft (where other teams would have a chance to select him) we should at least get an ok deal.

No, he is not a free agent, I believe players have to been on a list for 8+ years to qualify as a restricted free agent, and 10 to be unrestricted (there's some other conditions regarding salary I can't remember).

If he decides to leave and nominates a club, a trade will have to be done. I would think it likely that we accept unders for him but given the only other path to a WA club would be through the pre-season / national draft (where other teams would have a chance to select him) we should at least get an ok deal.
Surely we don’t accept a compromise to trade him? I’d have thought we’d be playing hard ball here? If no trade is done, he can go to the draft FFS. There’s surely no way a deal that doesn’t yield us adequate compensation is completed.

Surely we don’t accept a compromise to trade him? I’d have thought we’d be playing hard ball here? If no trade is done, he can go to the draft FFS. There’s surely no way a deal that doesn’t yield us adequate compensation is completed.
going to the PSD means he goes to North or West Coast and we get nothing. we can't really play hard ball

North would just take him with there first pick wouldn’t they?
yeah probably. the preseason draft is barely used and really only for stuff like that. North would probably take him for nothing, hope he agrees to sign a one year contract then trade him the next season or something.

though i'm like 99% this won't go to the PSD

If Jackson goes, what is our attitude towards him?

a. Premiership hero and big doofus who's impossible not to like
b. Just another mummy's boy who's set the club back by dicking off after three years, leaving us with a likely inadequate return given our investment

I can't help but lean towards a, he'd be pretty difficult to dislike as he clearly still loves the club and helped win us a flag. That being said, if he plays a part in beating us in a final down the line, that attitude would probably start to shift a bit.

b. Just another mummy's boy who's set the club back by dicking off after three years, leaving us with a likely inadequate return given our investment

I can't help but lean towards a, he'd be pretty difficult to dislike as he clearly still loves the club and helped win us a flag. That being said, if he plays a part in beating us in a final down the line, that attitude would probably start to shift a bit.
I'd forget about the campaigner in a second. Premiership player or not he'd end up playing a decade for someone else and would be mostly forgotten as a Melbourne player.

He's gonna end up playing about 10 more games than Scott Thompson did for us.

A).

Although if we don't get adequate trade compensation it will leave a sour taste.

B

If you get transferred somewhere for work (interstate or overseas etc) you just go. It’s either that or find a job for another company.

You’re a professional sportsman. Give a bit more than 3 years. The investment in you has been huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C. Whatever .
Pretty much.

He's gone. Enjoy watching him in red and blue for the remaining 8 or so games.

Can't see melb digging their heels in, trade will get done at some stage with freo. Only hold up might be lobb moving on first so they've got more equity. AFL wants this. Players moving on like NBA/NFL. Who knows what opens up for us next year and beyond.

Pretty much.

He's gone. Enjoy watching him in red and blue for the remaining 8 or so games.

Can't see melb digging their heels in, trade will get done at some stage with freo. Only hold up might be lobb moving on first so they've got more equity. AFL wants this. Players moving on like NBA/NFL. Who knows what opens up for us next year and beyond.
I have no idea if he stays or goes . My generation a bloke leaving a Vic club to go to another Vic club was sensational news . Nowadays not at all. We have a season to get through without worrying about what Jackson is going to do .

We'd be the only premiership side I can think of losing a genuine young talent lately.
Considering the past decade has been dominated by Richmond and hawks each winning 3, you're probably right.

The only real exodus has been from Adelaide's Ill fated camp season (Cameron and lever, with Gibbs being a bit older) or the giants turning over whoever they've seen as surplus- and obviously neither of them were premier.

In fact you'd probably have to go back to hawks losing buddy who was 25, or Josh Kennedy leaving hawks too, although can't remember if he was directly after 2008 premiership or not.

Doesn't happen often.

Richmond win a flag and add tom lynch.

We lose luke jackson lol

We should be demanding Hayden Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back