List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the tea leaves, it does sound like we're trying to get in ahead of Gold Coast to steal Humphrey. I haven't been 100% across the top few draftees this year, but everything about him seems like a Petracca/Sparrow mix (hopefully more like the former than the latter), with perhaps a bit more natural forward ability.

Competitive animal, high character, suspect kicking – he's an archetypal Melbourne player.

Reading the tea leaves, it does sound like we're trying to get in ahead of Gold Coast to steal Humphrey. I haven't been 100% across the top few draftees this year, but everything about him seems like a Petracca/Sparrow mix (hopefully more like the former than the latter), with perhaps a bit more natural forward ability.

Competitive animal, high character, suspect kicking – he's an archetypal Melbourne player.
The mail from Fox Sports and Cal Twomey is that the Dees are trying to land pick 4 from Essendon to get Matteas Phillippou.

A 192 cm midfielder/ forward from SA with Nat Fyfe wraps.

matsta1975 any goss for tonight/tomorrow? you mentioned a Vic C kid earlier
According to Twomey's phantom the only Vic Country kids projected to be taken from the early teens to 30 are George, Burgeil and Konstanty so I assumed it was an early bit of mail about our George interest.

The mail from Fox Sports and Cal Twomey is that the Dees are trying to land pick 4 from Essendon to get Matteas Phillippou.

I'd probably prefer Phillipou (I'm sure I'd love his inflated ego if he was playing for us), but fairly line ball. Regardless, I don't think the deal will get done at this rate unless Essendon have a last minute change of heart. No way we will up the offer anything further (we'd better not).

I'd probably prefer Phillipou (I'm sure I'd love his inflated ego if he was playing for us), but fairly line ball. Regardless, I don't think the deal will get done at this rate unless Essendon have a last minute change of heart. No way we will up the offer anything further (we'd better not).
Essendon would be mad not to take Phillipou. They need the help in the midfield bad.

They need the height too. Running around with a flock of short people right now.

Phillipou will probably bully them soon as he walks in.
Merrett (179), Parish (180), McGrath (180 - generous), Hobbs (183), Shiel (182), Caldwell (183) – they certainly have a type

I know we really like Jhye Clark but I cant see us packaging up such a big offer to get him, as he's a fairly straight up midfielder.

I was going to guess that it's more likely Phillipou, who probably has the biggest upside potential if the whole draft.

As a simple man I can't really work out what strategic benefit there is to pretending you're willing to sell 3 first rounders for Phillipou or Humphrey, but I hope there is one and this is all a ruse.

Reality is we could really use 3 first round selections to try and get in some top end talent in each area of the ground, particularly key defence, key forward and outside midfield. Aside from JVR and maybe Turner, none of our depth players strike me as potential stars. Hope I'm wrong but can't deny 3 first round picks over the next 12 months will help a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Western now offering 11 and two F1s for Essendon's pick 4. Pretty similar to our deal:

11 > 13
WB F1 > Melb F1
Brisbane F1 (WB) < Freo F1 (Melb)

If I were the Bombers, I'd probably take the bird in hand, i.e. the higher pick this year.

What the hell is going on. How is next year a super draft yet teams are offering up more than has ever been traded for a single draft picks that's not even top 3. I'm hell confused. It's like us and the dogs think who ever goes at 4 is the true number 1 and it's other sides are picking for needs before that one.

What the hell is going on. How is next year a super draft yet teams are offering up more than has ever been traded for a single draft picks that's not even top 3. I'm hell confused. It's like us and the dogs think who ever goes at 4 is the true number 1 and it's other sides are picking for needs before that one.
Yeah it's weird, maybe all this "super draft" talk has been pushed by clubs trying to sell their future picks in it to get up the board this year?

Not that list managers would listen to that noise, but it is weird.

The even-ness of this draft and especially the first 7 picks is seemingly throwing up some strange situations

The Western now offering 11 and two F1s for Essendon's pick 4. Pretty similar to our deal:

11 > 13
WB F1 > Melb F1
Brisbane F1 (WB) < Freo F1 (Melb)

If I were the Bombers, I'd probably take the bird in hand, i.e. the higher pick this year.
Dogs trying to force us to up our offer, I’d be telling Essendon that’s the best we got.

Id much rather give Taylor 3 picks in the 10-20 range than just 1 in the top 5.

Surely you'd only part with 3 first rounders for an established player..Ben King still the pipe dream for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back