Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What these Victorian media “experts” somehow fail to understand is: we have all the power in the Jackson trade. He is uncontracted and we have Darcy, meek (and possibly even Lobb) so happy to just walk away. Also, after the Tim Kelly fiasco, there is absolutely no way west coast are going within a mile of him (it’s all PR bullshit).

Interesting how the only parties seemingly discussing Jackson at all publicly are Melbourne and West Coast.
We're certainly quieter, in general we've kept a pretty low media profile considering everything going on, but we've had our tidbits;

Unfortunately nothing from what Walls said gave me confidence we're holding out;
  • "It’s basically up to us to work with the Dees to get the deal done"
  • “We’ve got our first pick this year, first pick next year. That’s where 90 per cent of your currency is, your first rounders”
  • “We have a few other things on the go, so I think we’ll be able to get there”

Seriously though, if you want to come here, nominate us already Jackson you flog. The Dees will be fairly compensated stop ****ing over your new team.

I'm going to boo him if he doesn't nominate.

Unless West Coast are putting up pick 2, then they're not in the race anyway.
And they won't be.
And they don't have the cap space regardless.

Unless West Coast are putting up pick 2, then they're not in the race anyway.
And they won't be.
And they don't have the cap space regardless.
Nic No Stat and McTubbin' are eating taking up a lot of their cap space.

I do what I can.

200w.gif
The value you bring to our board is immense Joao

I think the best way to do the Sharp trade is get value for both teams. They don’t need all the picks they have this year, send them the North F2 for Sharp and 32 this year. That’s a trade that works for al parties I think
This is GCS. Send them OUR F2 for Sharp and 32. They won’t notice the difference till it’s too late.

I think the best way to do the Sharp trade is get value for both teams. They don’t need all the picks they have this year, send them the North F2 for Sharp and 32 this year. That’s a trade that works for al parties I think

Is there an element of wanting to extract value from that North F2 so it doesn't go to Melbourne raw?

Then it becomes Logue, Tucker, F3 for #32, F3, F4, Sharp and Corbett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because their priority picks would have been forfeited if they didn't use them, and the only players to use them on were Logue and Tucker. Nobody else wants to go to North. From their point of view they have got them for nothing, and actually with a slight pick upgrade, so it is better than walking them to the PSD.
Yep, yep. That makes sense.

Yep.

They have 7,25,32,36,45,56

They’ll get 5 for Rankine but lose 7 with Bowes.

So we could easily offer F2(norths pp) for Sharp and something around that 32,36,45 mark.

Is there an element of wanting to extract value from that North F2 so it doesn't go to Melbourne raw?

Then it becomes Logue, Tucker, F3 for #32, F3, F4, Sharp and Corbett
Yes, I think it's overs for Sharp but we get something decent back out of it and it keeps the pick out of Melbourne's grubby hands. Win for everybody

You wot mate?
Well if you hadnt hear there's chatter that North want him in a senior role - CEO?? All the talk that Walls has been doing to the media is usually what Peter Bell does. He's been eerily quite this trade week, which is a bit strange.

Yes, I have no issue with the money we were supposedly offering these guys, and I have no problem not matching what they were being offered. That is different to trade value though and when you have every Carlton supporter over the moon at what they paid for Acres, you know we could have gotten more. That's the capital I want us fighting for.

While it's ultimately meaningless, not getting the two picks North got for free shits me as well.

What I'll be most annoyed at is not maximising what we get for those players while then paying an obscene price for Jackson.

These are all different discussions to being savvy with capspace

Well when trade period becomes a reality TV show and trades can only become official after they have been voted on by the TV audience, then I'll care what the BigFooty Carlton board says.

In the meantime I thank Acres for playing his best footy in an end-of-contract year. Because if his form from 2020 and 2021 carried over to this year, we would have gone to Carlton as a DFA.

(Just like the guy he is replacing: Jack Newnes.)

Fully expecting him to be dominating the VFL by the end of 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back