Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on the road all day... so we have officially traded Logue and Tucker to North. Fair deal?

And Acres will be sending easily defended bombs onto the heads of McKay and Curnow, and they paid us for it? Nice.
Trade agreed upon, not lodged yet I believe.

Holy heck. Sharp played 12 games and averaged 9.8 disposals a game last year. We go off at Darcy Tucker when he gets 12.
The only wing the Suns really use is Ellis, Anderson sneaks out there as well. GC also tend to scrap and go through the corridor.
I like Sharp, he maintains his width well, good speed and endurance with a nose for goals. On top of that he's young and we have better coaching and fitness program!

No really rated him, but he stayed on the outside to give an outlet. Which is good in our team where everyone gets drawn in. Smart, had a long kick and can kick a goal, but he wasn't a contested beast by any means.
One of the Restump Podcast guys said he‘s a natural winger, really knew how to play the role and keep his width as a junior. Needs work on contested ball, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got screwed with Acres ,don't know how we lost him. He has hit the prime of his life in his football, found his niche with us and we let him go.
He’s an average player mate.
I still can’t forget how often he squibbed contests in his first 2 years here. It was painful to watch at times.

I can imagine all the likely incoming players stepping up, so that's a pretty big positive. But it still looks like we are overpaying for potential. Recruitment team have been pulling rabbits out of the hat for the last few years so my optimism is tempered not quashed.

We got screwed with Acres ,don't know how we lost him. He has hit the prime of his life in his football, found his niche with us and we let him go.

Drama Monkey GIF

The best thing about Acres was him knowing to be in the right place at the right time and working to do small team things. Two things that can easily be coached into a player in that position. That's why he was a role player for us and I see him easily replaceable. Let Carlton do their thing of overpaying for players they can't develop for themselves and let us replace Acres with players waiting on the wings who know how to actually use the ball when it's in their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back