List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How clark does (or doesn't) fit into ratt's style should have ZERO bearing on whether we choose to trade him or not.

Same applies to the decision to trade hill or not.

There is no way ratten survives if we miss finals again in 2023.
It is also very much a coin flip (or less) possibility that we actually play finals in 2023.

It would be typical peak stkilda to ditch guys like hill and clark, with part of the reasoning being their incompatibility with the coach's style..... only to then sack the coach half a season later.

If our coach is dreaming of an army of players that perfectly suit his game plan, its a disaster.
IMO a good coach is given a list and has to adjust his plan to suit what he has.

By all means try to recruit players to make it come alive .

I could be wrong though, i seem to remember that Birss played some good games , but couldn't run and spread....so off you go Birssy

Ran into Bytel at the airport today. Was wearing his saints #23 backpack. Given that information. Likely to stay. 😎

What if the airoplane he was catching was a Bomber?
Maybe he was going to turf the backpack out with the bombs in it.

JDG is the in the mould of Martin/Petracca

I wouldn’t even think twice.

He's nowhere near the same tier though. He's more Jade Gresham level. He's a big game player who has quiet weeks where he looks unmotivated. He probably doesn't carry you to finals but probably helps win one.

I think you'd be crazy not to have a crack as a FA but you wouldn't offer an unlimited amount of money for him. He's such an energy feeder you could imagine him bombing with no crowds to give him his spark.

I have been told that Clark meets every requirement of the coaches when training with the group.

Lets trade him for a third round pick, then get him back with our first and future first later in the same trade period.

I would say the ongoing review must have highlighted a very glaring hole if we’re looking at offloading Hunter.
I don’t know what the hole is but I’d bet the review is already raising flags.

We have less under 23 players than nearly any other side. HC is just over that so we can rebalance the ledger to look good in the stats.

He's nowhere near the same tier though. He's more Jade Gresham level. He's a big game player who has quiet weeks where he looks unmotivated. He probably doesn't carry you to finals but probably helps win one.

I think you'd be crazy not to have a crack as a FA but you wouldn't offer an unlimited amount of money for him. He's such an energy feeder you could imagine him bombing with no crowds to give him his spark.
He is better than Gresham

Are you guys okay?

He had 5/19 games in an injury and pre season interrupted year were he had below 20 touches.

The 2 bolded came in weeks were he returned from missing the previous week to injury.

Outside of those 5 games.

He slapped us with a 27 2.3 game
Brisbane 21 and 4.1
Port 23 and 2
Melbourne 25 and 1
Geelong 26 and 2 and earlier in the year 20 and 1.4
Freo 24 and 1
Carlton 24 and 1

27 disposals against the injectors
20 and 1 against the dogs
21 and 1 against the Hawks

He is a gun
His best is very good. He doesn't do it regularly enough to justify the million dollar price tag it would cost to get him out.

Then you factor in his off field behaviour and that he is seemingly needs to be sent for a scan after every 2nd game, and I'm fine with not giving him an obscene offer.

He was with another player with a mission backpack. Hopefully not off to the dogs. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sign Lloyd and trade Hill for North's priority pick (would probably need to add a third) and we've improved our team.

Don't see why Lloyd would want to join us though.

Lloyds not playing his best role. He's pushed out for a kid.

We have less under 23 players than nearly any other side. HC is just over that so we can rebalance the ledger to look good in the stats.

Its way less important than everyone makes out.

Its kind of bragging rights, " we went good , and we have all these young players still ( even though many may never play )" (( refer to Collingwood 2012 onward ) or its excuse time " We struggled but its all these kids, they are all rippers and as they get older we'll get better "

If it makes you feel better we've been recruiting mature, so we have players 24+ with the AFL experience of 21 year olds.

I don't think that makes me feel better, not sure how it makes me feel.

Lionert , 28, 34 games. ( Lionert has played nearly 1/3 of his total games for the Saints ).
Highmore , 24, 16 games.
Campbell , pushing 31, 56 games.

He is better than Gresham

Probably more clutch but don't think he is overall. He wins big moments but he's inconsistent. Nowhere near as good as Dusty or Petracca. Gresham is very good when he gets on the park but is fragile.

Sam Weideman has been impressive in the VFL grand final playing as a 1st ruck

He's the guy we should be chasing to fill the forward/ruck role, especially if Grundy goes there.

Would allow Marshall to play first ruck and give King some support as a 2nd key forward
i love this suggestion!!!

Its way less important than everyone makes out.

Its kind of bragging rights, " we went good , and we have all these young players still ( even though many may never play )" (( refer to Collingwood 2012 onward ) or its excuse time " We struggled but its all these kids, they are all rippers and as they get older we'll get better "

If it makes you feel better we've been recruiting mature, so we have players 24+ with the AFL experience of 21 year olds.

I don't think that makes me feel better, not sure how it makes me feel.

Lionert , 28, 34 games. ( Lionert has played nearly 1/3 of his total games for the Saints ).
Highmore , 24, 16 games.
Campbell , pushing 31, 56 games.

It shows that we paid up to bring in an older brigade and didn't use what was left very well probably.

Probably more clutch but don't think he is overall. He wins big moments but he's inconsistent. Nowhere near as good as Dusty or Petracca. Gresham is very good when he gets on the park but is fragile.
De Goey can actually hit targets with ball in hand and not just helicopter punts.

Gresham is playing to much in the middle in my opinion.

He should be our Robbie grey 80/20 split

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Indeed, the fans would…

There’s no way North get it done.

He’s worth a top 10 pick and a second. North will never trade one outright. Pick 1 for pick 9 and Clark in this draft is not quite as good as it seems. It becomes pick 2 cause of Ashcroft so it’s really 2 for Clark and 10. Then there’s a number of players that come after that, Wardlaw on talent is next best, but has injury concerns, so a club may not go there with P2, then it’s beauty in the eye of the pick holder so a player you rate in that 2-5 range may slip to 10 anyway. If that happens you’ve essentially traded Clark for a second

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can confirm Clark met with Clarko last week. Will request a trade to North. I feel sick. This will be something that will bite us hard. Hope we play hardball and accept only overs..

Good luck to North then.
Would suggest that they will need to split that Pick 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back