Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I drove past at 11am expecting to see the end of training but there was nothing happening. Not sure why but there is a demountable stage set up behind the goals at the Eastern end of the ground at Cockburn. Also seemed to be a lot of advertising signs on the walls...

Are the girls playing at Cockburn this week? Otherwise could the club be planning to stream match sim tomorrow? I did just see the comment re Crowden saying match sim will be on tomorrow at Cockburn...
Absolutely no chance we'll live stream. We've improved our media work lately, but we're still lazy with live streamig, video footage of training compared to other clubs

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covid wants to go apparently.
just make it less than 2 hours and covid won't show up.

Omicron seems more and more like my Mum after I turned 18. In trouble if I'm at the pub for more than a couple of hours, avoid busy night spots, need to sit down to eat and drink, tell someone where I am at all times, cover my mouth when I cough, and travel is dangerous.

2 years ago there was wrist slitting on here over us taking a hbfer with our first round pick, now he's being compared to Bont, Fyfe and Pav!
We actually took one with our first selection the prior year too.
I reckon they, along with Serong are destined to be our next superstars. Young and Chappy is an incredibly promising prospect in 5 years’ time.

Your memory is better than mine but did anyone really complain about this draft selection?

Firstly, I highly doubt your memory is worse than mine, secondly, there were definitely complaints when we got him, but most of the anger was prior to the draft whenever anyone either predicted we'd get him, or hoped that we did.

We actually took one with our first selection the prior year too.
I reckon they, along with Serong are destined to be our next superstars. Young and Chappy is an incredibly promising prospect in 5 years’ time.

That was one of the reasons for the angst - it wasn't just that he was a hbfer, but because we already had a load of defenders on the list and we had glaring shortages in other areas of the ground.
I totally agree that Young and Chappy are class, and both look to be versatile.

That was one of the reasons for the angst - it wasn't just that he was a hbfer, but because we already had a load of defenders on the list and we had glaring shortages in other areas of the ground.
I totally agree that Young and Chappy are class, and both look to be versatile.
I think this pre-season has started to reveal that the club have played a really good long game with our drafting. We’ve picked up versatile players who look to have bought right into the vision. Our talls are generally athletically gifted, we have some seriously footy smart mid-sized players like Ryan, Young, Sturt and we finally have some speed across all parts of the ground.
Inside mid depth - Tucker, Erasmus, NOD, Switta, Crowden. It’s just so much better than the heyday of Suban, De Boer, Clancee Pearce. And that’s only considering the players we’ve drafted.
The next couple of match sims and scratch matches are going to be very competitive. We’ve never had so much competition for spots in the 22 across all parts of the ground.

A month or so ago I said Chapman will be considered the best youngster on our list in the not too distant future.

I also said bear with me a bit as he hasn’t had the chance to show it yet. Nice to see a few of you are coming around despite him not playing a game of AFL since then.

Really bullish on Chapman. We may have some other potential A Graders on the list but I genuinely think Chapman, assuming we eventually move him into the midfield, will be the one that ends up being talked about as one of the very best players in the league. Give it 5-6 years to reach that point but he’ll wow a quite a few from Round One this year. Going to be an absolute weapon.

A month or so ago I said Chapman will be considered the best youngster on our list in the not too distant future.

I also said bear with me a bit as he hasn’t had the chance to show it yet. Nice to see a few of you are coming around despite him not playing a game of AFL since then.

Really bullish on Chapman. We may have some other potential A Graders on the list but I genuinely think Chapman, assuming we eventually move him into the midfield, will be the one that ends up being talked about as one of the very best players in the league. Give it 5-6 years to reach that point but he’ll wow a quite a few from Round One this year. Going to be an absolute weapon.
He’s bulked up noticeably too. I’m not expecting miracles this year as we need that shoulder to last for another 15 years but he projects as a freak. In a good way of course.

Read into this what you want. I was invited into a box last year and one of the other invitees was Chappy's junior coach at Joondalup. He never played as a defender until he got to West Perth, the Colts coach wanted to play him there. Played all his junior footy in the guts and would literally be all over the ground. Reckons his tank is insane, had to always be held back as he was always the first one to training doing extra and the last one off the track. I googled and he also won the 2km time trial at the combine. Kid could be anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back