2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His ability to play defence would be a major selling point for us, and I have not seen one Elliot Yeo comparison until you mentioned it. Maybe you have some buyer beware of the athletic top 10 pick after Rayner and Cockatoo
Never crossed my mind. Nor did we draft Cockatoo.

I try and look at each draft class separately, as each year has different players.

I just believe Ginbey as a top 10 pick is a very underwhelming pick.

Get on West Coasts board, and the vast majority didn’t want him at all, and that discussion was going on well before the Gold Coast link surfaced, when WC were being linked to home grown talent.

At the moment, they’re all hoping you guys take him, so their recruiters can’t.

Maybe Ginbey is a list need type of pick, I sure hope you guys trade back, and still pick him up, if that’s the case.

Personally I would go Hollands, even at your current pick, as I believe he’s being under rated as a prospect.

Sydney Stack to the Suns?
lock up the kebab shops.

HUN has this.

Gold Coast added Ben Long for dash and hardness and has some level of interest in Stack, who has been training in Perth but seems unlikely to find a landing spot in Western Australia.

Maybe we're hoping to turn him around (off-field wise) as Geelong did with Stengle.....Harbs and Rhyce would be the blokes to do it..

Would be a good acquisition on min.dollars, if we could, I reckon.....
And still young...

GOLD COAST

Arrivals:
Tom Berry (traded/Brisbane), Ben Long (traded/St Kilda)

Departures: Jack Bowes (traded/Geelong), Matt Conroy (delisted), Josh Corbett (traded/Fremantle), Oleg Markov (delisted), Jez McLennan (delisted), Patrick Murtagh (delisted), Rhys Nicholls (delisted), Izak Rankine (traded/Adelaide)

Uncontracted (4): Charlie Constable (unrestricted free agent), Oskar Faulkhead, Hewago Paul Oea, James Tsitas

Contracted: 35 (no category B rookies)

Draft picks: 5, 45, 71, 74

The Suns have offered one-year contracts to Constable, Faulkhead, category B rookie Oea and Tsitas and will head to the draft with three senior list spots open, one of which will be filled by a top-line draft prospect. The fact their second pick isn’t until 45, which will improve once opposition clubs match bids on father-son players, leaves some unknown about what Gold Coast will do at the national draft. Levi Casboult is among the rookies who could be upgraded.

Sydney Stack to the Suns?
lock up the kebab shops.

Yeh I’m taking the risk, back the system in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarrod Polec
Got delisted at North while contracted..

Good to see norths recruiting department has the balls to make big calls.

Got rookie listed in his 4th year

Got delisted in his 5th year

Rory Atkins will be in his 3rd next year, can we see a repeat next offseason?

Would be the best option.

The club would still have to pay him and salary would be included in the cap I believe. Better to move him to rookie list if he agrees to create senior list spot. That way the club would save 100K from cap, and he would play VFL. We do need some mature players for VFL. Suns will keep extra 5 rookie spots in 2024 apparently.

I don't think Sydney Stack will work but I'm all for it for the entertainment and 0.1% chance it comes off.

Helps North meet the cap floor, whilst still get the opportunity to try another kid on the list.
Or another senior player who is a leader.

Different situation for different cap situation.

I don't think Sydney Stack will work but I'm all for it for the entertainment and 0.1% chance it comes off.
I think he's a better chance of going ok than if he were back at home in WA with both positive and negatives influences readily at hand

Harbs takes him under his wing and he thrives... suddenly we get a reputation as an environment and team where indigenous boys can flourish.
Like Eddie Betts has done with one success in Tyson Stengel.

I think he's a better chance of going ok than if he were back at home in WA with both positive and negatives influences readily at hand

Harbs takes him under his wing and he thrives... suddenly we get a reputation as an environment and team where indigenous boys can flourish.
Like Eddie Betts has done with one success in Tyson Stengel.
Can't recall any major off field drama during Dew era because Dew pissing in public.

Big believer in our off-field system and culture.

Follow all the boys on Instagram and they are all living normal lives, alot keep active training, golf, surf. Most have partners and kids, happy to take risks with the support team we got now which we didn't have 4 years ago.

Can't recall any major off field drama during Dew era because Dew pissing in public.

Big believer in our off-field system and culture.

Follow all the boys on Instagram and they are all living normal lives, alot keep active training, golf, surf. Most have partners and kids, happy to take risks with the support team we got now which we didn't have 4 years ago.
If there is one thing you can tip your hat to Dew and co, it's the off field culture improvements. We have people who love the club and don't have bad things to say about it.
We have a good group of leaders there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back