• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like Darren Burgess had plenty of input into this decision and surely our AFL team should always take priority over SANFL. On the end I doubt Matt had a whole lot of input into the decision being reached reading the article on the club website

I will be clear in case of any misunderstanding; my post was not a criticism of Matt, I agree, I believe this was a club decision, thus my criticism is squarely on the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure a good hip and shoulder bump that doesnt even contact the head should be given the same grading as a deliberate swinging leg though.. the Sturt player knew he’d really fxxked it up from the second he did it.

Reckon he should’ve got minimum 3 weeks.. swinging a leg out like that can have catastrophic consequences for both the player doing it and the bloke he trips..

He was lucky the impact wasnt that bad..
It’s hilarious that has got the same outcome

If wright had done the deliberate trip and the Sturt fella the bump I reckon it would have been 3 weeks for Wright and no case to answer for the bump

Really hope we win the flag but it will be a miracle with the N/A we have

The club can't have it both ways. They can't claim we are one club with three teams united then rest a gun player for the SANFL finals because the SANFL doesn't matter.
The signal the Club has sent is, we don't care about the SANFL .....the SANFL Crows, know this too, and only those searching for a new Contract will bust their boiler

I don't care how the Club wants to spin this .....they're WRONG !

I'm not too sure of being correct, but judging by the release by the club, they don't want to run the risk of Matt being injured and not being able to start the new season in time. It sounds like he may have got hurt late last year and he wasn't ready at the beginning of this season.
But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not too sure of being correct, but judging by the release by the club, they don't want to run the risk of Matt being injured and not being able to start the new season in time. It sounds like he may have got hurt late last year and he wasn't ready at the beginning of this season.
But maybe I'm wrong.
He broke his leg in late Feb or early March this year. Didn't require surgery, but not an ideal start to the season

But maybe I'm wrong.
He is a contracted AFC player and qualified to play in the SANFL finals. It’s 6 months to the start of the 2024 season so plenty of time for any player to be available. The AFC did not risk Matt Crouch playing in the SANFL for most of this season so I can not see why they fear risking him for next season! 🤔

The club can't have it both ways. They can't claim we are one club with three teams united then rest a gun player for the SANFL finals because the SANFL doesn't matter.
But everyone knows the SANFL team doesn't matter. It goes without saying

It's a development arm. Results are immaterial, beyond it's nice seeing our kids play okay and hopefully not get injured.

The signal the Club has sent is, we don't care about the SANFL .....the SANFL Crows, know this too, and only those searching for a new Contract will bust their boiler

I don't care how the Club wants to spin this .....they're WRONG !
What message did they send by winning last week?

That was accidental. The Umprining changed after we hit the front. We should have lost.

I have a feeling that his omission may be to appease the SANFL. If it is, it's weak.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He hasn't been omitted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's an AFL reserves competition it would make sense that there isn't a final series but rather the AFL final series teams seconds play off?
That would be a much better concept than having a B Grade flag

Same sanfl issues would exist otherwise where the main team players go on leave and the seconds leftovers have zero insensitive to try.
Agree 100%

Our top ups will be passionate. They're trying to earn an AFL contract

Our younger and fringe guys are trying to prove themselves worthy of a Best 22 spot

Those groups will be busting their boilers.

Crouch...? Nothing in it for him. No benefit for playing well. Only downside if he gets injured.

Matty Wright...? Heck, let's not even bother challenging his suspension. His career is done and he'll be a development coach next year no matter what happens.

That was accidental. The Umprining changed after we hit the front. We should have lost.

I have a feeling that his omission may be to appease the SANFL. If it is, it's weak.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be counted as an omission surely you'd have to at least play in that side sometime in the last 6 or 7 weeks?

When was his last SANFL game?

For us the SANFL is a development comp, should be under 23s and seniors returning from injury.

SANFL treat us with contempt we should do likewise.

But everyone knows the SANFL team doesn't matter. It goes without saying

It's a development arm. Results are immaterial, beyond it's nice seeing our kids play okay and hopefully not get injured.

That's not the message coming from the club. Otherwise we'd rest all our AFL listed players, or forfeit the match.

That's not the message coming from the club. Otherwise we'd rest all our AFL listed players, or forfeit the match.
We'd rest as many as we can get away with while keeping up the pretense of trying our hardest

If there's an AFL reserves competition it would make sense that there isn't a final series but rather the AFL final series teams seconds play off?

That might work. There was some reserves trial's this weekend to give players a hit out for those teams who didn't make it.

Maybe it is just 1v 2 grand Final in the pre finals bye? Then just trials game after that.

To be counted as an omission surely you'd have to at least play in that side sometime in the last 6 or 7 weeks?

For us the SANFL is a development comp, should be under 23s and seniors returning from injury.

Exactly.

They don’t want us to win it. The rules are designed so we don’t win it. Every week I read how we’ve been shafted by umpires.

The best way to treat them with contempt is to stop funding them

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back