Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 150 36.6%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.2%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.4%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curtin sliding to 6. Prefer he didn't.
Reid and Walter will very likely be 1 and 2, after that I reckon you can take the next 4 in any order. Curtin, Colby, Wiz and Duurs are all very different so it'll just depend on who wants what type of player.

Fortunately for us, all of them would be useful and we're guaranteed one of them!

Reid and Walter will very likely be 1 and 2, after that I reckon you can take the next 4 in any order. Curtin, Colby, Wiz and Duurs are all very different so it'll just depend on who wants what type of player.

Fortunately for us, all of them would be useful and we're guaranteed one of them!
I'm not sure Curtin fits what we are after.

He is like merret X Isaac smith. Will be a serious player
Again, they will be taking Curtain as a KPP
You can bank that
If they don’t trade to get Reid it seems like they’ll go with Curtin and McCercher.. If we were one spot back we’d potentially miss out on one of the elite picks but we’ll get Duursma or McCercher and that’s a great result..Zane best fit, McCercher elite talent..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North seriously need players in positions other than midfield. Not sure why they would take McKercher instead of Duursma/Curtin.
Reading all the comments in various threads about Hawthorns needs for forwards but expecting North to just bypass one of the best available?

Yep AFL cooking up a deal, give North enough extra bits to get WCE to swap pick one for two. What will it take? I don’t think anything can be settled until MacKay is signed and compensation decided but then they probably know where and how much already.
I hope they pull it off and we get a clear run at Dursma and Watson.
It definitely feels like the afl will not be happy until they can completely manufacture the draft, the clubs that get access to certain players and picks on offer. Quite ridiculous really

every ******* year we get pushed back.... pick 3 will now be 5.

gutfull.
It'll be annoying if North get an extra pick for nothing, but as far as GC goes, it doesn't really matter if they pick up Walter before or after our pick. Makes no difference whatsoever to us.

Yeah he was

He and Day are close

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up a Hawk

I can't see it unless we pick up another second rounder and we still have the issue of matching of points for the McCabe pick. There are also questions over his work ethic unless Will can help him out. A bit of a risk when we don't have many picks unless we trade out guys like Frostie, Kosi, Scrimmer etc.

I can't see it unless we pick up another second rounder and we still have the issue of matching of points for the McCabe pick. There are also questions over his work ethic unless Will can help him out. A bit of a risk when we don't have many picks unless we trade out guys like Frostie, Kosi, Scrimmer etc.
Dont expect Kosi to be there
Rama to make good strides over the summer to take that spot

You can always live trade if he still there

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Back