Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps. Wasn’t taking pot shot at Langford specifically. More just a case that Petracca will be picked on half forward over a full time half forward.
Langers varies. Sometimes deep, sometimes half forward

Doubt much changes in the last month now;

Stewart - Taylor - Moore
Sinclair - Houston - Daicos
Gulden - Bont - Daicos
Tracc - Curnow - Rozee
C.Cameron - Walker - Greene
Gawn - Merrett - Butters
English - Dawson - Anderson - Libba

Unless he has a big 4-weeks I don’t think Charlie Cameron makes it. In his last 11-games he has kicked 16 goals and had just 6 goal assists. Has not had more than 11 touches in those 11 games. He had 26 goals and 5 goal assists in his first 8 games.

You don’t make AA when you have an 11 game stretch with 1 game of more than 2 goals when you provide little else except your goal kicking prowess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unless he has a big 4-weeks I don’t think Charlie Cameron makes it. In his last 11-games he has kicked 16 goals and had just 6 goal assists. Has not had more than 11 touches in those 11 games. He had 26 goals and 5 goal assists in his first 8 games.

You don’t make AA when you have an 11 game stretch with 1 game of more than 2 goals when you provide little else except your goal kicking prowess.
What's this? A Richmond poster not mentioning a Richmond player?

Or are you just setting us up for your next move?!?

Sicily will make it this year surely

Coaches votes: 42
Disposals: 26.3
Effective Disposals: 21.8
Marks: 9.7
Contested Marks: 1.9
Intercept Marks: 3.3
Intercept Possessions: 9.3
Ground Ball Gets: 5.5
Loss %: 14.3
Rebound 50: 6.4
Meters Gained: 465.6
Score Involvment: 4.3
Score Launches: 2.1

These are all elite averages for either Key or Med defenders.

Although he leads a defence which concedes massive run ons to its opposition on a regular basis.

I can't get over the Lycett/English matchup. Lycett absolutely smashed English. However, this will be the weakest AA in years due to there potentially being no Sam Taylor, no Gawn and no Oliver.
Kane Cornes is a selector and he basically hinted that Taylor will be in the team despite missing 7 games. Maybe it's not about games played but how good someone is when they play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although he leads a defence which concedes massive run ons to its opposition on a regular basis.
Go back and watch how we went with him out of the team and then back in. He alone can't stop the run ons, no other single player in the league would be able to. But individually he does his job and than some on a weekly basis, is having an AA worthy season. Should be close to first picked amongst defenders.

Go back and watch how we went with him out of the team and then back in. He alone can't stop the run ons, no other single player in the league would be able to. But individually he does his job and than some on a weekly basis, is having an AA worthy season. Should be close to first picked amongst defenders.

Could see him get it almost as an acknowledgement that he was incredibly unlucky to not get in the team last year as well

What's this? A Richmond poster not mentioning a Richmond player?

Or are you just setting us up for your next move?!?

Such an obsession with anything Richmond related. Let it go Fadge. The other thread revolves specifically around a Richmond player, so shouldn’t be a surprise my comments relate to said Richmond player

Guaranteed ‘starting’ forward line selections IMO: Walker. Curnow. Greene. Petracca. 2 other spots up for grabs.

I think Rankine was in before his injury and now he’ll miss. Jeremy Cameron was in before his missed games / form, but could still make it with a big last 4 games. Maybe they’ll plonk Gawn in forward pocket and English in ruck?

The last 4-games will decide who gets those last 2 spots.

Plus he actually defends and is terrific in one on ones.

Even though most consider Sinclair a lock, I don't because he is vulnerable to tagging and not great defensively.

I reckon Nick D is the one purely attacking HBF the AA team needs. The back six have to be able to, you know, defend.

I won’t worry about positions, as players are easily shoe horned onto flanks, wings or the bench … here are my ‘locks’ for AA team:

Petracca
Curnow
Greene
Bont
Walker
N Daicos
Dawson
Butters
English
Sinclair
Darcy Moore
Andrews
Houston
Rozee
Merrett
Neale
Stewart

So there’s probably 5 spots up for grabs, but assuming no injures I can’t see any of the above 17 missing the team. There’s be others I’d lock in if they hadn’t missed games : Taylor and Sicily for starters.

I won’t worry about positions, as players are easily shoe horned onto flanks, wings or the bench … here are my ‘locks’ for AA team:

Petracca
Curnow
Greene
Bont
Walker
N Daicos
Dawson
Butters
English
Sinclair
Darcy Moore
Andrews
Houston
Rozee
Merrett
Neale
Stewart

So there’s probably 5 spots up for grabs, but assuming no injures I can’t see any of the above 17 missing the team. There’s be others I’d lock in if they hadn’t missed games : Taylor and Sicily for starters.

Don't think Andrews is a lock, Taylor coming hard for that spot

Petracca
Curnow
Greene
Bont
Walker
N Daicos
Dawson
Butters
English
Sinclair
Darcy Moore
Andrews
Houston
Rozee
Merrett
Neale
Stewart

neale is surely not a lock

Petracca
Curnow
Greene
Bont
Walker
N Daicos
Dawson
Butters
English
Sinclair
Darcy Moore
Andrews
Houston
Rozee
Merrett
Neale
Stewart

If you don't have Gulden as a lock, you have no idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back