Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s why I didn’t just look at 2 weeks. He’s 121st for contested marks and 269th for contested possessions (20th amongst tall forwards) across the season. He’s a 192cm receiver.

It reminds me of everyone taking up Mabior Chol last season … he kicked 40-odd goals, but they were nearly all uncontested or ‘Joe the gooses’. It just doesn’t impress me… Chol is now playing QAFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
71 goals/assists and currently 10th for number of score involvements this season (he'll probably finish about 15th) with 152.

Chol's 2022 had 51 goals/assists and he had 106 score involvements - 106th in the league.

It's nice that Langford reminds you of Chol, it just isn't based in reality.

He's not had a better year than Walker. One game is not a year.
Walker is already a lock.

Three key forwards have made it in a number of years over the past 10.

Curnow and Larkey have over 70 goals, Tex with a game to play is on 67 but with a stack more assists. They've all warranted selection.

Someone said, he's on ahead of Walker, that's who I replied too.

So which forwads are worse that Larkey. Curnow? Greene? Cameron?
You quoted me in the comment I replied to.

Curnow, Greene and Walker are the first 3 forwards picked. Petracca is almost a certainty to be picked on a flank, or Rozee if they pick Petracca as a ruck rover. Larkey, C.Cameron and Langford have been the next best key forward, small crumbing forward and mobile medium forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish.

The only players picked before De Goey right now are:
N. Daicos
Moore
J. Cameron
Hawkins
Curnow
Bontempelli

He has been better and more consistent than every other player in the competition.

David King said it right on First Crack tonight that if you don't have him in your top 5 players this season, you haven't been watching him play.
How's DeGoey's spot in the team looking ?

Basically Larkey vs Charlie Cameron for a spot in the 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back